>>>>

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Decoupage Delights!

KY_March2014 074
While in London, TN I spied some lovely decoupaged cases that had me drooling to get closer!

A while back I had posted about Kathy’s Decoupage Adventures, even including a second post with a Little Video on her expertly doing the deed and sharing the how-tos with us all.

It’s been fun to see decoupage suitcases and machine cases pop up here and there, showing the ingenuity of the person playing in the mod podge.

This case belongs to Paula, and she used it for all of her sewing notions and goodies that came to class…

Take a look:

KY_March2014 075

Cool!!

Magazine photos, wrapping paper advertising flyers that came to her shop, all found a place on this dilapidated old suitcase that now has new life!

KY_March2014 076

Goodies INSIDE!  ((Love the pocket!))

KY_March2014 077

How about covering a nasty Featherweight Case?!

KY_March2014 078

Check out the inside! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

KY_March2014 079

This is ANOTHER one --- I think London, KY is supporting the Mod Podge inudstry!

KY_March2014 080

From every angle!

KY_March2014 081

CHECK. IT. OUT!!

KY_March2014 082

Awwwwwww!

KY_March2014 083

Inside this one’s lid ---

KY_March2014 143

What a way for our sweet babies to travel in style!

While the purist inside of me wouldn't do this to a case in good condition, there are plenty of nasty worn out ugly cases out there that could greatly benefit from a fun face lift!

Come to think of it, I’ve got some ((several)) nasty machine cases that would really be fun to do – it’s a matter of time for me.  It’s been on the back burner for some-day ---will some day ever come?

I hope so!!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

15 comments:

  1. So cute! I'd love to do that "some" day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cases! Bonnie, I can definitely see you decoupaging in your hotel room at night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cool.
    would be cool to use material on them eh lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only do the cases have such beautiful and colorful pictures, but I looooove all the pinked edges!!! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just hope all those featherweight cases were old ones, I'm like you I would want to do one too, but only to a old ratty one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing - I LOVE the decoupage look! I'd add some old postage stamps that my mom collected by the box full - no real value, she just liked the pictures. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy: rangerer@sbcglobal.net9:31 PM EDT

    Love! And I have just the case to do it with, and now all I need is the time:) I do have a question about old featherweight cases. How do you freshen the smell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. was 'just' paper used? Or was fabric used? Hmmm if not... could fabric be used? lol Inquiring minds want to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:36 PM EDT

    These are so cute and what a wonderful idea. I have a couple of old suitcases and may just have to try my own designs. Thanks Bonnie for sharing this.
    Karen Beck
    robren5272@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cases are awesome! We have a church rummage sale coming up... I will have to keep my eyes open for old suitcases. My FW case is in too good a shape to cover up.

    hm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had seen this a week ago.ni was at a thrift shop and saw a lovely case but it was a bit tatty and I picked it up and put it down many times and then walked away and left it there. I would so like to have it now to decoupage. Might go back tomorrow and see if it's still there!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops. I went from reading this blog, to searching eBay for a piece of luggage, just so I could decoupage it. 1 purchase later, and I'll be stalking the post lady in a few days for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, thanks for the additional inspiration photos!! I've done one case and have two waiting in the wings; so understand the time issue. Will solve that by doing a demo at the NE TX TOGA April 25th & 26th and will reference your three postings. Looking forward to spreading the love of Mod Podge and rescuing our beloved vintage sewing machine cases. Really liked the pinked edges too!! Hugs, Allison in Plano

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cases are fantastic. Makes me want to mod podge something right now.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)