>>>>

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Simple Whatnots II Gift-Away (And More!)


You guys!  I am SEW EXCITED!

My friend Kim Diehl sent me a lovely squishy package - and with it we are hosting a Gift-Away!

I have loved Kim's quilts forever.  As in FOREVER.

And there is a special almost-connection as when I was living in Burley, Idaho, she was just a hop and a skip east of me in Pocatello.  We didn't know each other.  Little did we know how our paths would cross many years later, in different places.

If your local quilt shop has participated in the Simple Whatnots club series, then you are familiar with Kim's small little ditties that fulfill all of the fun and check all of the boxes for today's busy quilter -

Small quilts with BIG satisfaction!

Her new book Simple Whatnots II is a super follow up to the first Simple Whatnots book, which both contain projects from Kim's Simple Whatnots Club, previously available only in individual patterns.

You'll learn streamlined techniques for petite patchwork, invisible machine applique, and cozy wool applique. Use completed projects as wall quilts and table toppers, or follow Kim's lead and display projects in other creative ways. 

As always, Kim shares her "Extra Snippet" sewing tips throughout so that YOU can become a better quilter.


I am in love with these little scrappy quilts -

And even more in love with Kim's ideas for displaying them.

E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E!!


Would you like to win this book?

Dig into your scrap bin, box, or basket, and get ready to have some quilting fun. And be sure to read Kim's expert advice sprinkled throughout as Extra Snippet tips to help your sewing time be even more enjoyable. 

Dozens of photos offer inspiration for displaying completed quilts on the wall, as table toppers, draped on a charming school desk or ladder--the options are plentiful! 

Layer these little showstoppers with your favorite antiques and collections to bring a bit of sparkle to even the smallest nooks in your home.


It's even SIGNED for cryin' out loud!


And to sweeten the deal - I'm throwing in some goodies too!

Our winner will receive a signed copy of Simple Whatnots II along with my Quilter’s Tech Set  and  a box of Quilty Pencils for all of the notes you are going to make.  And "for good measure" (HA!) My 2 1/2'' x 6 1/2'' Quiltville Ruler by Creative Grids.


Winner to be drawn next Saturday, July 3rd 2021.

Prize must be shipped to a USA Address.  If you are drawn and live outside the USA, you may have the prize shipped to a friend within the USA who can then forward it on to you.

And while you are entering THIS Gift-Away, did you see that we've got another still going on?


We are drawling for our winner on MONDAY, June 28th!  Only a handful of days away now!  Enter to win on the on the introductory post.

One lucky winner will receive the  the Rivanna + Bitcoin Bundle  AND a Facets of Blue fabric roll from Cotton to Quilts!


Irene also has Fabric Rolls in other varieties as well - check out the neutrals to go with your blues, but also the scrappy rolls which are great for enhancing your stash for Bitcoin!

While Rivanna and Bitcoin may be purchased separately at the 25% off introductory price of $9.00 each (No coupon needed!) you can purchase both together in the Rivanna + Bitcoin Bundle and save even more!


This bundle offer is only good through June 30th, 2021 at the low price of just $16.00! (Must purchase from the bundle listing - not as individual patterns.)


If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

So that's TWO Gift-Away chances - one drawn for this coming Monday, and one later in the week next week on Saturday!  Get those entries in!


As evening fell last night at Quiltville Inn -


Fire pit time commenced!

Another wonderful evening making memories (And s'mores!) with retreating quilters. SO much fun!

Today is their last full day - they head home tomorrow.  So I'll be catching you up on more You & Two Friends Group 2 retreat goings on come Monday.

It's the last weekend of June?  How can that be?  What plans do you have for yours?



Quiltville Quote of the Day -

The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life, and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds.⁣
The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too.⁣
The people that love you, simply for being you.⁣
The once-in-a-lifetime kind of people.⁣
Thanks for being those kind of people for me.⁣
Happy Weekend, Everyone!


 

16 comments:

  1. Trimming the last blocks on your Blue Skies pattern. The finish line is getting closer. Virtual hugs to you! Marilyn Marks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I finished binding my Black Diamond Quilt and trying to decide what project to take on my Retreat to Texas tomorrow. Well En Provence and Grassy Creek were on my list to take. Grassy Creek was no where to be found (Sad) and it drove me nuts. Finally I went into the guest bedroom to get my pillow and fan and there was the pieces all together in a Scrapbook Box on the bed. LOL Now to make sure I get my clothes packed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the comment for today, it is so right on and something I needed. Have a great weekend and enjoy your guest at the Inn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, thank you so much for your shout out to those of us in the Pacific Northwest. We're still in anticipation mode, as the worst of the heat is yet to come. Most people don't have air conditioning here, because in the old days we only got a few hot (think: 85 degrees) days per year. Gradually it has been changing, more and more hot days and more people installing a/c, myself included. So I feel very fortunate and grateful. My quilting studio is in our basement, the coolest place in the house, so that's where I'll be !! Although the heat saps my energy and I get too tired to quilt!
    The forecast is for 96 today, 109 tomorrow and 111 on Monday. Then back into the mid-90s all next week. Right now it's 80 degrees so we shall see! I put extra water dishes out for birds, insects and creatures. Now off to quilt! Blessings and love to all 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bring the sun into my life every morning when I read your Newsletter! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Weekend, Bonnie!

    I went to Homer, to p/u Blueberry plants. Of course I had to stop by Ulmer's drug and Hardware (to visit the fabric section). Low and behold, they were having and EOB sale (no cutting, had to buy the whole bolt, of only certain fabrics). It worked out to about $2.50 a yard. I only bought two bolts. I went in looking for a couple certain fabrics, came out w/more and stocked up on Best Press qts.

    Now tomorrow I will work on cleaning house and gardening.

    Donna
    Kasilof, AK
    Where today was a mixture of sunshine and rain showers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to reading your "quote of the day " each day, and seeing the quilts behind them....the quotes are always so apt, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for featuring Kim Diehl's quilts. I have made many of the ones shown in your article and I loved seeing how Kim displays them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all you do . I really appreciate it Bonnie. Keep up the great job of helping us Quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all you do . I really appreciate it Bonnie. Keep up the great job of helping us Quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all you do . I really appreciate it Bonnie. Keep up the great job of helping us Quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all you do . I really appreciate it Bonnie. Keep up the great job of helping us Quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your wonderful posts every day.🌹

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Bonnie for being such an inspiration in the quilt world & life!!! Always enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. as usual - another delightful post! Always fun to see what's happening at Quiltville Inn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the basket quilt. May need to try one. lol need another project!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)