>>>>

Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Quilting Round Here!


It's been a busy week in the Quilting Quarters at Quiltville Inn!

It does my heart so much good to see all of the creativity happening - bring on the full design walls - I love love love it!

I'm glad I took these photos over the past week as by the time I head over this morning the design walls will be bare and folks will be saying their farewells and see-you-next-times.

How can a week fly by so fast?

These beautiful blocks belong to Gwen and she was busy assembling them into rows when I left last evening to come home.

My hope is she'll have a finished top to show me this morning before she pulls away.

She is making this one KING sized for her own bed. Wonderful!

The name of this pattern is Coriander quilts "Patchy Stars #174"


Tonni was caught Catching Rainbows!


And across the table, Barbara was webbing away!


Kathy is our Quilts of Valor guru -

The soldier quilts she makes are so beautiful.


 Tired of machine time?

Come stitch a while on the proch!

This binding on Unity Quilt is nearly complete!


While Gwen worked on her Corey Yoder quilt, there were some others in progress too!

I spy a Straits of Mackinac from String Frenzy!


And a couple of runners from Doug Leko's designs!


Oh, this is stunning!

Perfect for Independence Day coming up!


Yesterday I joined in on porch stitching, finishing up the hanging sleeve on the back side of my Merry Little Houses Quilt from Pat Sloan's Holiday Celebrations Tour. Did you get your entry in on that post yet for my gift-away?  Be sure to hit up all of the stops along the way!


Stitching down my corner label.

I haven't signed this label yet, because I'm not sure who I'm gifting it to yet - or maybe I'll keep it as Quiltville Inn holiday decor.  The jury is still out.


While there was still thread on my needle - I did the same to the label on the back of Butterfly Kisses!

It had been "ALMOST DONE" for nearly a week - so this was a feel good porch moment.


DONE DONE DONE!

Looking for the Butterfly Kisses block?  You'll find it in the May/June 2016 issue of Quiltmaker Magazine - in my Addicted to Scraps column.

PDF pattern release for the full quilt to come this fall.  Yes, I will write it to be Scrap User's System friendly, using my Essential Triangle Tool.  

We have SO MANY GREAT THINGS happening in the next several months!


And the fun continues!

Today's stop on Pat Sloan's Holiday Celebrations book tour - The Shibaguyz Don't forget to sign up for their Gift-Away while there!

I've loved visiting the other stops along this tour since it began with the TWO mega-giveaways from Martingale happening now (see the prize packs on my May 31st POST. You can enter on their blog here, and over on Instagram here.) and seeing what everyone has been making from Holiday Celebrations.


This morning as the June Quiltvillians begin their journeys home, I'm taking Zoey Jo into the vet for her first ever teeth cleaning. I'm nervous for her!

She looked at me with "THOSE EYES" this morning with her food and water bowls up and no treats after morning business because she couldn't have anything past bedtime last night.

Poor thing.  LOL!

I'll go back to get her later this afternoon - so it's going to be a run around day between Sparta NC and here as we get ready for the B.E.A.S.T. Quilters to arrive tomorrow night!

No, the second laundry isn't ready yet, but it's getting close.....soon, I hope, soon!

How are things shaping up for your Tuesday ahead?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

The very things you take for granted someone else is praying for.
Your life is extraordinary!

Have a wonderful Tuesday -


 

24 comments:

  1. Anyone know the name of the pattern on top of page? And next to Straits of Mackinac? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coriander quilts "Patchy Stars #174"

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the quilt show this morning. It is so inspiring. It is great fun seeing what other quilters are doing. I am off to my sewing room!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m visiting shops in the Des Moines area for the All Iowa Shop Hop. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the photo you identified as Doug Leko designs, the one on the right is Jo Jo by Gudrun Erla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good photos and blog. Teeth cleaning for dogs as expensive as person cleaning. Glad you give yourself a 'break' from blogging 7 days a week. Glad you are doing self care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The very things you take for granted someone else is praying for. Indeed! We humans take a lot for granted. Thank you for that reminder. Next time I'm praying for something I'll remember to be more mindful of the many blessings I DO have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the end of retreat quilt shows. It is always inspiring to see what people have been up to in their own sewing rooms. As for me, I am slicing and dicing away trying to clean up my original scrap bucket. Joe just shakes his head and laughs. "If you need me, I am buried under scraps!" HAHA!
    Hopefully all goes well for Miss Zoey. I am sure she will enjoy that extra treat after the dentist! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing fabric and pattern selection for every one of those quilts or runners. In awe of the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a day to sort fabric - cool and cloudy. I am waiting, crossing my fingers for an acceptance on a house offer. Can’t settle to anything. I just finished a quilt top and it’s off to be quilted. I made it from a kit that our quilt guild put together. It will go into our booth at the state fair in mid-August to be sold. Now I need to find backs for 2 quilts that were finished ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so lucky, anesthesia free teeth cleaning is available at my vet's clinic. My pup almost died last time she had anesthesia so she can only have it again in a life threatening emergency. She does great with the anesthesia free care and I'm so grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your wonderful quilt show. So much fun to see what others are working on. Thank you very much for your time and energy you put into this blog., it is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the vibrancy of Butterfly Kisses! I am working on some Jack's Delight blocks from the 2020 March-April Quiltmaker. I can't remember if you showed how you put them together. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The table topper on the right is by GE designs

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have certainly worked hard to see this dream come true. With the love, support and manual labor of your family, you have given a gift to every quilter who is lucky enough to cross the threshold of Quiltville. Thank you for taking us on your journey with blogging and pictures and practically posting everyday. You include us in your family and I know I have truly appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie, you amaze me by attaching your label before writing on it. If I did that, I would "sure as shootin'" screw it up as I wrote on it. But then that's why I call you my "quilting hero"!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful projects to see today... thanks for sharing them with us!
    Butterfly Kisses is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have worked so hard to achieve your dream life, such an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Busy ladies sewing beautiful quilts! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The picture of the lady webbing a quilt. Does anyone know the patterns name? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've ordered the Doug Leko book I have prints to use up and the table runners will be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  21. Re Zoey's teeth - ask your butcher for some big raw bones. They aren't dangerous until after they are cooked. As she chews for days on end she will keep her teeth clean. Even our old dogs don't need their teeth cleaned because they get a big raw bone once a month or so. My daughters dogs are 10 and 14 and have never needed a teeth cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely pictures…..love them all.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)