>>>>

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Rivanna PDF Release Day! (And a bonus!)


Good morning, Quiltvillians!

As you can see from this photo - it's a promised release day!

The printable PDF pattern for my Rivanna quilt (including the bonus table runner!) is ready for you in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store!

And because Summer is such a wonderful time of the year - I'm also releasing the PDF pattern for my Bitcoin quilt - something you've only seen snippets and glimpses of over the past several months.


You saw me work on this crazy amount of half-square triangles all through the winter.  And guess what?  It DID make a big dent in the blue and neutral strip stash - I was able to clear out a bunch of shorter strips that weren't long enough to get more than a few triangles out of - and I also incorporated some NEW blues and neutrals to spice things up and create a happy mix.


Up close - SO many fun fabrics!

I've heard from several of you that are chomping at the bit to get your own version of Rivanna quilt underway.  You've been pulling fabrics and pressing scraps for weeks!  

I've also heard from some who are planning other colors - like red/neutral or grey/yellow or orange/purple!  I can't wait to see them!

Have a blast combing through and using your best loved pieces. Pattern includes full-color photos, graphics, and loads of instruction for the ultimate scrappy success!


Also included - Rivanna Runner!

What's a girl with a handful of extra blocks to do?  Make a few more and turn them into a fun summer runner.

The Rivanna pattern includes directions for both the quilt and the runner.

Quilt and Runner Sizes:

Quilt: 72 1/2’’ x 96 1/2’’ Runner: 66’’ x 18’’

I used my Essential Triangle Tool to cut all of the triangles in Rivanna from pairs of strips placed right sides together, so my pairs of triangles were ready to simply feed through the machine.

Traditional rotary cutting information is also provided.


Say hello to Bitcoin!

I know I've been keeping this one from you - and I hope you like the surprise! 

Bitcoin was inspired by the many Chinese coin quilts I have photographed and loved during many antiquing jaunts -  and is such a fun way to use up odds and ends strips!

And ZERO triangles!

With this one, I left the neutrals behind and strictly put color against color with little rhyme or reason and I had a blast making it. 

Scraps & Ladders!

All the scrappy fun in a flash, with not a triangle in sight! See your scraps shine by building ladders and columns in a variety of lengths. Full color photos and graphics and detailed instruction to show you how each step of the way!

Quilt Size: 74’’ x 90’’


The PDF patterns for both Rivanna and Bitcoin are priced at $9.00 each - that's 25% off through June 30, 2021.  



But even better!  Purchase both together in the Rivanna + Bitcoin Bundle and save even more!


This bundle offer is only good through June 30th, 2021 at the low price of just $16.00!


If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.


Let's make this pattern release even MORE FUN - with a Gift-Away!

I'm going to draw for one lucky winner to receive the Rivanna + Bitcoin Bundle!


AND! A Facets of Blue Fabric Roll from Cotton to Quilts!

Fabric prize must be shipped to a USA Address.  If you are outside of the USA, we can send it to a friend within the USA who can forward it on to you.

If you are in need of blue or neutral stash enhancement, hit up Cotton to Quilts and see what Irene has curated just for you!

Are you ready to win?



Winner will be drawn Monday, June 28th! Good luck, everyone!


Last night's fire pit fun!

It's amazing how light it still is at 8:30!  We kept waiting for darkness to fall, so we could enjoy some firefly activity!


Now THAT'S how we cook it!

Bryce introduced us to another decadent s'mores alternative - No, not just fudge stripe cookies, but coconut fudge stripe cookies!  OH MY WORD!

It just gets better and better!


And evidently Zoey still thinks she is a lap dog!

Lani is such a good sport (she is a dog mommy herself!)


I'm really going to miss these ladies!

By the time this posts and I head over to Quiltville Inn, a couple of cars full of folks will have already headed out toward home.

The rest will be departing by noon, and I'll be happily running TWO washing machines to get ready for the next group arriving tomorrow afternoon - whew!


Nearly every light is on!

This house is full love love and happiness - as it was always meant to be.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

You don't have to carry mountains. Or move them.
You just need to find a way to climb over to the other side.

I'm wishing everyone a wonderful happy Tuesday - what's on your plate for today?



 

23 comments:

  1. I’m working on on your Zig Zag quilt. I have errands and then maybe a nap. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing at myself! When I first discovered Bonnie I literally hung a brown paper lunch bag up near my stash to determine if something was a "neutral".

      Delete
    2. I did that too!!!!?

      Delete
  2. Good morning, Bonnie! These new patterns are so beautiful. You never cease to amaze me with each new pattern! I’m still learning what to consider a scrap and what to use as a neutral but I learn more from you all of the time. Thank you for always creating such inspiring works or art and heart! Can’t wait to see Rivanna in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, my inspiration queen. What you do with 'small' I borrow the ideas for 3.5inch and larger to make comfort quilts for Linus Project. Rivanna becomes a small I spy quilt. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was already in love with the Rivanna quilt... Love the Bitcoin Surprise... headed over to take advantage of the bundle deal. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! Happy release day!! I LOVE them both! You will be keeping me busy this summer. Which is good! HAHA! So happy to hear that you will be having both washing machines running. Hey, it's the little things in life that make me happy! :)
    This morning we have a few errands to run and a doctor's appt thrown in the mix, and some housework this afternoon. Maybe a nap thrown in there. Definetely some stitching time this evening. I have been cutting and cleaning the last 2 weeks and I think I am done for now. Ready to get sewing!
    Hope you are healing/feeling better! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE these two new quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that washing of linens to do ... please, take it slow. I know you've got folks coming in tomorrow but the doctor said to take it easy. Wishing you a speedy & full recovery, Bonnie! I'm taking my nearly 88-year-young mother to DMV to renew her driver's license. That'll be followed by a little shopping and then I'll be sewing the evening happily away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to your sharing of your scrap organization I am able to create many scrappy donation quilts for the quilt day guild's comunity service project..my goal is at least one quilt a month but it is usually two to three completed lap/baby size quilts.... so much fun I JUST CAN"T STOP!!
    working on free motion quilting and completing number 3 today to drop off this Thursday... thank you so much for the inspiration and support you give everyday.... take good care and best wishes for quick healing hugs prue

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so great to see the Inn up and running the way it was meant to. I often wonder what the thoughts are of those who have lived in the area as they see the rebirth of this grand old home. The evening photo really makes the feel of things shine. Many thanks for sharing the fun with us here in your blog. Hugs for Zoey ☺ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love today's quote!! I'm all entered into the give-a-way. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new patterns! I'm ready to head into the sewing room and grab my bag of strips so that I can start working on Bitcoin right away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be planning how to organize the sewing room. I've accumulated a great supply of sewing/quilting items and need to unclutter the area. And I will definitely make time for sewing and plotting which designs will be next on the creation list. A happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These patterns are so fun.... Thank you, Bonnie.... So much stash to sew through......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your heart must be bursting joyfully with all of the retreaters coming to your inn. The evening photo brought a smile to my face. So happy for you and all of them, and also for us to be able to share vicariously in the friendships, fun, and the quilts. The new patterns are great. Thanks for all you to and in such a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie, delightful pictures of Quiltville and everyone enjoying themselves....memories for a lifetime...especially love the night time "every room lights on and laughter all around". The new patterns provide so much inspiration. Thank you for your creativity and for climbing mountains everyday for all of us. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nothing but a week full of heartfelt sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I saw the Inn all lit up I paused to think about the original family who lived in and loved the house. They have to be smiling from above to see lights and love once again! Thanks, Bonnie, for making this happen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miley Cyrus has the perfect song for today's quote. It's called "The Climb" from her Hannah Montana album. Love reading about all the activity at Quiltville and seeing all the happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are amazing and touch so many without realizing how much..... Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that quote. My view of the peaks of the Smokies reminds me where I stand!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)