>>>>

Friday, June 18, 2021

Quilters are Sew Fabulous!


The "You and Two Friends" Sisters of the Stash retreat is in full swing!

And yes, we moved the tables around so folks could sew in groups with their roomies while still getting to know the other people as well!

It's fun to try something new - and I love the whole getting to know you experience!


And these ladies are sewing up a storm!


And pressing a bunch, too!

For those who asked about "Why freezer paper on the ironing stations?" I've talked about this many times - but it allows each group to start out with a clean surface.

12 people pressing for many days will leave an ironing surface brown and scorched.  The freezer paper protects the pressing surface underneath.  The plastic side of the freezer paper prevents excess starch or water in the spray bottles from soaking into the batting causing mold and mildew.

It's easily changed after each group and each group gets a new clean surface.


There is some Winter Blues  assembly happening here!


And while that was going on I had some fun of my own next door at the QPO!

Does any one know what black and white photos mean?



Cabin loft stair well is now NON SLIP!


No more slipping and falling!

I took these photos as the early evening sun came through the big wall of glass - the sun makes them look a bit more white than they really are, but you can see the texture.

I haven't had them long enough yet to know if they will catch lint and pet hair - but even if they do, it's cleanable.  That's what vacuums and sticky rollers are for.

The most important reason for these is one I'm still paying for.  it's been 10 days and I can't sit on anything but the edge of a hard chair so my tailbone doesn't touch.  I can't sit on the couch, or in my comfy stitching chair.  I can't sit on the rocking chairs at the inn, I can't sleep on my back and even my side is not that comfortable after a while.  Moving in bed is excruciating.

So will I deal with dog hair caught on stair treads so this doesn't happen again?  YES!

They have a peel off backing, and come with a roller tool to get all of the air bubbles out. 

They are 6'' x 30'' and come 14 in a pack. 

Next we will put them down the stairs that lead from the kitchen to my basement sewing studio space.

We will also be adding these to the stairs at the inn as I don't want anyone falling down wood stairs there either.

I have added them to the Around the Inn category of the Quiltville Amazon Affiliate Store.


Take a look at these beauties!

This photo was sent in by Gisela who is happily working on her Bitcoin quilt ladders! I am loving her fabrics, and she says she has many scraps to go through  -

She writes:

HI Bonnie! I was thinking the other day that I really wanted (and needed) to make a scrappy quilt with my leftover fabrics that I haven’t used in awhile. I didn’t know what I wanted to use for a pattern of yours since I didn’t want anything with triangles or real small cuts or anything that would make me think too much.

 

Well you solved that by releasing Bitcoin! What a fabulous pattern for using up fabric and making a nice relaxing sewing process without a lot of thought! I’m loving pairing fabrics together and not having to worry about neutrals at all! Fabrics that I wasn’t liking anymore have now become fun to me again and I just needed to say thank you!

 

Thank you so very much for this great and easy pattern! I love it!



Hooray!  I loved Bitcoin for the same reason - it was such a fun and non-stressful quilt to make - and you can adjust it to any size - length and width!


The PDF patterns for both Rivanna and Bitcoin are priced at $9.00 each - that's 25% off through June 30, 2021.  


While they may be purchased separately, you can purchase both together in the Rivanna + Bitcoin Bundle and save even more!


This bundle offer is only good through June 30th, 2021 at the low price of just $16.00! (Must purchase from the bundle listing - not as individual patterns.)


If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

While on the introductory post, be sure to enter our gift-away!  


I'll be drawing for one lucky winner who will receive the pattern bundle AND a Facets of Blue fabric roll from Cotton to Quilts!

Irene also has Fabric Rolls in other varieties as well - check out the neutrals to go with your blues, but also the scrappy rolls which are great for enhancing your stash for Bitcoin!

Today I'll be doing some of that "behind the scenes" work while the Sisters of the Stash continue to sew up a storm next door.

Several of the ladies went to walk along the river down Round House Road yesterday morning - and that makes me happy.  I hope I'll be joining with them again soon.

Tonight the weather is perfect for fire pit night - so we'll be out there with more fire pit fun and fire flies.  It's the best part of summer!

How about your Friday ahead - are you easing on in to the weekend?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -


Vintage 9-patch quilt found in Kentucky. Love the soft muted colors. Such a cutie patootie 9-patch on point!

Smiling because I am home.
Smiling because there are 12 awesome ladies filling my dream retreat with all things quilty!
Life is so good! 


 

28 comments:

  1. Smiling because we have a new federal holiday annd opportunity to fly my front porch flag! Happy Juneteenth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried a donut pillow to sit on. I bruised my tailbone a few years ago in my doctor suggested for me to get a donut pillow and it really did help for when I was sitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s what I was going to suggest. It makes a big difference!

      Delete
    2. I agree. Besides the round version, there is a square version that has a cut-out for the tailbone. It is a little thicker in back, so fits nicely on a chair and especially in the car. I use it all the time even though I do not have a bruised tailbone. Helps with my posture and lower back especially when driving. Your chiropractor will know some options for you.

      Delete
  3. When you put the freezer paper on the ironing board, do you put it on shiny side down? Thanks. Have a happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiny side down will iron onto fabric, yet release with light pull to be removed

      Delete
    2. yes. shiny side helps it stick to the board cover

      Delete
    3. Yes, shinny side down and when you iron on it,it will stick to your ironing surface enough to stay in place.

      Delete
  4. Oh what fun! I have retreat envy lol! Hope everyone has a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bonnie,
    I broke my tailbone once and what helped me the best was a kind of a cushion in form of a ring with a whole in the middle. So I could sit but the tailbone did not touch the chair. This may help you too probably. It will take some time....I wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I'll wager you've already shared those black & white photos, in COLOR with Cotton to Quilts! I love her rolls, they have tempted me more than once to buy more fabric (as if). they are just too appealing!!! I slipped and fell once, landing on my well-cushioned bottom! I bounced! I felt it! It was like it was happening in slow motion!!! And you have my empathy, because as well-padded as she is, i think it protected my tailbone; however, it was some time before i could sleep without sporadic discomfort, esp. turning over! oy! Glad you're tending to the stairs, would NOT enjoy a replay of bouncing down those!!! Prayers for healing... Cats in Carlsbad CA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that you're still so sore after your fall! As someone w long-term back issues from an old injury, I sympathize.

    It's been really fun to see retreat photos over the last few weeks. Looking forward to seeing what the mystery black-and-white photo will become.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, did you spend a lot of time matching and pinning seams in your Bitcoin quilt. It is a lovely scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh pea green as i would love a quilty retreat....i sew every day by myself and it's not near as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You might try sitting on a "donut" - I know it helped my sister when she hurt her tailbone! Love Bitcoin - going to purchase it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so wonderful to see quilters having fun together again... I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many years ago I badly bruised my tail bone and I used the doughnut ring I had saved from after giving birth to my children. It didn't take the pain completely away but did help. Hope you find something that will give you relief, don't know if this will work for you or not but it did for me.

      Delete
  12. Hi. Bonnie

    Try a donut ring for sitting. I had my tailbone removed due to deformed and started giving me a lot of problems. I understand your pain, I used the donut ring 6 months.
    Hope this suggestion helps if you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe Black and White pics so we don't know too soon the colors of the October 2021 Mystery Quilt. You are a tease!! LOL I put a quote today on Quiltville Open Studio and it was so well received that I am overwhelm. It feels good to make just even one person feel better. Now I know why you do it everyday. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie, love the soft nine patch quilt and soft thought of the day! Truly makes us smile when we read all about your goings on at Quiltville. Lucky visitors enjoying each other in such a fabulous setting. Praying you are finding a little more physical relief each day and will soon be able to hike with your quilt mates. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie, PS: it is 104 degrees scorching here in Central Valley, California this afternoon with forecast to be 108 degrees by 5:00 pm! What else are we to do but sit and smile and sew!! The weekend is forecast to be 106+ SEW, SEW, SEW!!! Happy Father's Day to the guys in your family....

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have my sympathy. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry about your injuries. That is awful you can't even sit comfortably or sleep well. You might need to see the dr. Glad the quiltville inn is making you happy. Looks like a lovely place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So envious quilty retreats, even with people you don’t know, in many ways all the better to have some join a group. I love sewing but myself as I have to most of the time (live 2 hrs from town), but I also love the inspiration sewing with others with retreats and classes. Enjoy ladies! I concur Bonnie to others suggesting a donut shaped cushion for sitting. Sleeping, maybe a temporary extra foam mattress for your bed? I’m so thankful your fall wasn’t more serious, as it could’ve been. Healing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks to you Bonnie, I went to a retreat where I knew absolutely NO ONE !! This n Eatonville WA. The retreat is every Apr/Oct, and I have not missed one since your visit there. I met a lot of people whom I am ow "friends" with, even though I only see them every 6 months. Thank you So ladies, never pass up a retreat just because "you don't know anyone there"

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry to hear about your tail bone. I did a similar injury (though on an in-ground trampoline with an insufficiently deep hole beneath). A foam cushion with a hole at the back is a wonderful thing. Ordered on-line, I've got 2 now, one permanently in the car. Sorry to say its been several months so far till. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry about your fall. I fell on Saturday before Mothers Day, and broke my hip. It will take time for the soreness. Hope it is soon. I am waiting until I can sew again. Plenty of rest also helps.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)