>>>>

Monday, June 21, 2021

Hello, Summer Solstice!


It's officially summer in the northern hemisphere!

And I slept through it as it happened at 11:59 pm last night on Father's Day.

That's nothing new - I often miss midnight on Christmas Eve, or midnight on New Year's day.

But today is the longest day of 2021 and we are going to make the MOST of it!

Weekend inspiration from the Quilting Quarters!

These lovely strips are becoming a Nearly Lemoyne quilt!


All of the recycled beauty finding a home in Sugar Top!

All of this sewing  brings on a mighty hunger, and Irene has been spoiling the You and Two Friends retreat with deliciously healthy meals!


Friday's grill master!

The grilled chicken is going on:


Strawberry apple salads!

SO SO SO GOOD!


Mouthwateringly delicious!


More design wall beauty -


In credibly tiny precision piecing!


Check out these gorgeous finishes!

The color and design in this one are fantastic!


A wonderful top with Tula Pink fabrics - 


Prolific Productivity!

(Those sunflowers in the border are fabulously summer and perfect for Summer Solstice!)

The weekend of course was full of all things quilty - but I am so happy that several of our ladies have been getting out for walks along the river.

The weather has been WONDERFUL - no complaints here!


Winter Blues in Wintergreen!

Well done, Margaret!


Butterflies!


Grasses growing tall by the riverbank


Get those steps in, girls!


Beautiful color!


And we have another visitor to join the fun!

My friend Jill is visiting from Erie, PA!  She arrived Saturday evening about dinner time and we have been catching up ever since.  And Zoey won't leave her alone for a minute.

She is sewing in the QPO while I work on other things, and it's great to have company around during some of the mundane stuff that crosses my desk on any given day - it's fun just to have someone to bounce ideas off of, and laugh over this that and the other thing.

It's a short visit, but a welcome one!  She leaves tomorrow just as the You and Two Friends retreat group #1 pack up and begin their journeys home (Though some are headed to Paducah to continue their fun!)

Group #2 arrives Wednesday afternoon and so it continues!

The PDF patterns for both Rivanna and Bitcoin are priced at $9.00 each - that's 25% off through June 30, 2021.  


While they may be purchased separately, you can purchase both together in the Rivanna + Bitcoin Bundle and save even more!


This bundle offer is only good through June 30th, 2021 at the low price of just $16.00! (Must purchase from the bundle listing - not as individual patterns.)


If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

While on the introductory post, be sure to enter our gift-away!  


I'll be drawing for one lucky winner who will receive the pattern bundle AND a Facets of Blue fabric roll from Cotton to Quilts!

Irene also has Fabric Rolls in other varieties as well - check out the neutrals to go with your blues, but also the scrappy rolls which are great for enhancing your stash for Bitcoin!

And with that - I hear Jill rummaging around upstairs so I'm going to wish everyone a happy Solstice ahead and hit send on this post.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Thank you Mother Teresa for putting things into perspective!
There's a brand new week ahead! Do you have some quilty projects penciled in?


 

13 comments:

  1. Having a good time in spite of you bumps and bruises. Your Zoey is a cute pest but I love her anyway she's still a puppy. Happy Solstice to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to work on three projects today: FMQ, and 2 BOM blocks. I may weed too; it's been raining on and off for days and it's a little TOO green out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Summer Solstice, Bonnie! Thanks for another delightful post. I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with your good friend, Jill, this week. I'll be working on cutting green strips into usable scraps today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankful for you that after COVID you Quiltville Inn is buzzing and busy. So much energy going on. It is encouraging to all of us. I am heading to Texas next week for a retreat. Excited to be getting out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love seeing all the different quilts and blocks, along with nature’s beauty also!
    Are those pretty deep pink flowers some kind of wild orchids, sweet peas or some other flower?

    Poor Zoey… no more rabbit hunting 😂

    I’m amazed how well you seem to be functioning after your awful fall! A lot of standing it seems!! Yikes!
    Prayers for quick healing and a great week!

    Haven’t been able to get my sewing for a few days with many other things calling my name! Maybe Wednesday my Smith Mountain morning finished top will happen. I’m so close to finishing the body of it… already half is webbed! The first time I’ve done a full quilt webbing! Finally have it in my head lol!! I may do some appliqué for a border since this is in Christmas colors!!

    Going to enjoy the longest day as much as possible!!
    Blessings, Marci H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have 2 quilts slated to quilt this week. It’s my LEAST FAVORITE part of making a quilt, so I’m procrastinating like crazy today! Even cleaning house is calling more than the quilting.😬. Gotta go find my “big girl panties” and get on with it! Have a lovely day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Longest day of the year! What a treat to have more sewing time in this longer day. Thanks for sharing the revolving door of retreaters at Quiltville these days....truly relaxed and productive bunch! Bonnie, prayers you are healing as we know how much you miss the colorful hikes. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have just had the Winter Solstice here in South Africa which means our days now start getting longer, more time for me to work on a baby girl quilt I'm busy with. Loving our Winter here!! Enjoy your day ladies!!! 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, quilting is on my day plan along with chicken tending, checking garden, meals for my husband and I and Sewing! He does the house cleaning and I overlook the missed spots! Winding up Winter Blues , quilting a patriotic lap size and making alternate blocks for last leader/ender. A little here a little there! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are continuing to mend and are feeling better. I would be interested in recipes any of the quilters would be willing to share. They look delicious and well planned. What a beautiful area to enjoy the summer solstice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really REALLY enjoyed reading this today (Tuesday morning)
    I am happy to see such fun at the Quiltville.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made a string x quilt for charity and had so much fun doing it that I plan to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am trying to squeeze in some sewing time these days. I am the primary person for both my Mother and my older brother. They are in 2 different facilities on opposite sides of this city. I got the news of the birth of a grandson today so that is the rainbow in my life right now. I am plugging away on Old Tobacco Road and my versions of Jewel Box Stars and Winter Blues (all scrappy). Love the photos and glad you have plenty of company.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)