>>>>

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Show & Share, Texas Style!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 047

I’ve spent the afternoon running around with Dianna, eatting lunch at a fabulous Mediterranean  place in Fort Worth called Terra. 

If you get a chance to go – GO!

And then we hit the antique malls – oh boy!  Are there photos to share with you tomorrow!

We just checked me into my hotel for the night – and then we’ll run to dinner and go set up for the guild meeting – so I have about 45 minutes to catch my breath, change my clothes and send off a blog post.

You KNOW how much I love show and share during lunch time at my workshops – it fills the time and inspires us all!

So while I’m *resting*  I’m uploading some photos for you to enjoy.

This is Sherry’s Mai Tais in Paradise!  She was with us on the August Caribbean cruise a couple of years ago, and I love how her quilt turned out!  This quilt was featured in a past issue of Quiltmaker Magazine, and I have plans for including it in a future book where it fits the theme of the book – so down the pipeline a ways.  Didn’t Sherry do a great job? I love her green border!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 048

She also brought her Sister’s Choice quilt top, started in a previous workshop!  Notice the bonus triangles used as pinwheels in the top and bottom borders.  SO CUTE!

Sisters choice is a free pattern found under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog – this quilt is made completely from 2-1/2” strips and 2-1/2” squares!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 049

Sherry also joined us for a previous mystery – this is Orange Crush!  She switched some colors around and I love the effect.  You will find the directions for Orange Crush also under the free patterns tab, scroll down to where the previous mysteries are still listed.

Granbury_FW_TX2013 050

Allison’s Easy Street!

I love the border print she found for this quilt..it ties everything together so well!  She did such a great job on this one.

And look at the back:

Granbury_FW_TX2013 051
Anything not used up in the front – went HERE!

If you missed last year’s Easy Street mystery and are wanting the pattern – stay tuned.  It’s being featured in my next book due out SOON!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 052

Split 9-Patch Leader & Ender Challenge!

Allison has been going to town on her Split 9-Patch Leader & Ender challenge!  She’s been assembling rows and adding them to the “mother ship” as each row is completed.  I love her Barn Raising layout!  As for mine? It’s still a pile of blocks.  I’m feeling rather shamed! Open-mouthed smile

Granbury_FW_TX2013 054

Close up!  Whooowhooo! *wolf whistle*

She said she did NOT fussy cut this hunky guy – but – I’m not sure if I believe her! Winking smile

The directions for the Split  9-Patch leader & ender challenge block are also under the free patterns tab.

Granbury_FW_TX2013 057

Saska’s Star Struck!

This is made of all recylced shirts – and was sent off to University with her son who has used it and loved it and washed it and used it some more, and it is just so soft and snuggly!  She also used all recycled shirt backs as the backing…a fabulous GUY QUILT!

It’s under the free patterns tab, y’all!  Have you made one yet?  This is the same quilt that I taught yesterday in Joshua with the Fort Worth guild.  Check out their photos HERE.

Granbury_FW_TX2013 058

Red Spider Web!
((You look so serious, Saska!! LOL!))

This quilt has the most scrumptious black flannel inner border – you just have to pet it.  It’s a great contrast to the red homespun plaid used as the outer border to tie in the red from the quilt center.  What a great fun collection of scraps!  Free patterns tab, everyone!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 060

I love Saska’s Orca Bay!

She passed on the pieced border and floated the quilt with a beautiful field of blue.  This one is also waiting for quilting.

The pattern for Orca Bay is found in my book String Fling.  Signed copies can be ordered  HERE.

Granbury_FW_TX2013 063

Saska’s Lego Quilt in progress!

Tonya over at Lazy Gal Quilting showed the construction of a quilt inspired by an antique quilt that originated in the Netherlands.  This is Saska’s take on it –because her boys told her that legos don’t spin around, they only go ONE direction like a brick wall.  I love the variety of fabrics in here – it was great to look at it up close!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 064

Virginia Bound!

This is where I’m going to run into trouble remembering names!  She took this class from me last year in McKinney – and here is her top all done!  This is Virginia Bound from Scraps & Shirttails.  Her colors were AWESOME!

Signed copies of Scraps & Shirttails can be ordered HERE.

Granbury_FW_TX2013 065

Another sweet gal with her Strip Twist!

This was from a class I taught in Abilene just a couple months ago!  And it is quilted and bound and oh so beautiful!  I love that border fabric, don’t you?

Strip Twist is found under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog above.

Granbury_FW_TX2013 121

Story Time Stars!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 122

Love the fussy-cut Novelty prints in the centers!

This is a freebie from the free patterns tab as well ---I just love the black and white checkered sashing too Smile

Granbury_FW_TX2013 123

Another Virginia Bound!  NICE!!  This one is all recycled shirts!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 124

And another gorgeous  Sister’s Choice top – isn’t that yellow pretty?

This was such a great display of show and tell – I think everyone was inspired to keep on piecing up the scraps!

It’s time to throw my shoes on, run a comb through my hair and head out again.  Guild meeting with the Parker County Quilt Guild tonight in Weatherford – tomorrow morning early – I’m off to DFW and headed basck home!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all the beautiful Show & Tell quilts! These are some really lovely ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the show, makes me want to get started on another quilt, but I have UFO's and a mystery coming up. Thanks to All.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts, so inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a great class Bonnie! I really like your methods, tips and tricks. They make me a better piecer. Honest, I cut 2.5 inch squares and started sorting and Mr. Hunk showed up. I laughed like a hyena when I saw it and couldn't wait to include him. The background does read dark! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. wheeee, I bet you can guess which one was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those TX girls are living up to the standard... everything's bigger in TX. Great quilts! Loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some really beautiful quilts shown here. Got to get my butt into gear and catch up with some of your patterns. Thanks for sharing. Regards, Linda (England)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:14 AM EST

    Wow and more wow, sublime, supreme, stunning and magnificent! Congratulations one and all. Truly amazingly beautiful. Julie Beard, Adelaide South Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What terrific work in these projects. I love all the variations, shirts, homespun, fussy cut totally scrappy. Thanks for taking the time to share with us all Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilts! What talented ladies and I love the hunky guy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great little show! That reminds me I need to make a story time stars quilt...something about the black and white checkerboard just makes it sing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. whoops! Not sure where my comment went, so I'll say it again! Thanks Bonnie for the great show and tell. You have reminded me of some of your past quilts that I want to make. You are certainly a busy girl. Do you have any time when you just do nothing? :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)