It’s the 12 hour countdown until our first clue goes live!
This photo is of a lovely flowering Hawthorne tree, also known as a May tree for the month in which it blooms in Ireland, usually May through June. The blooming of this tree was leading up to the Summer Solstice, and here we are working our way toward its opposite, ,the winter one coming up.
I have had excited emails and messages about our first Celtic Solstice clue going live tomorrow---
And I love the suggestions of things that people are doing to get ready:
These are in no particular order –but folks are thinking this through!
- Clean and oil machine, and put in a new needle
- wind several bobbins
- clean off cutting table or work area
- place a new blade in your rotary cutter
- locate favorite scissors, thread snips and seam ripper and place them by machine
- empty trash cans
- clean sewing area
- plan for favorite music to sew by or movies to watch ---choose something you know well so you don’t have to stop to actually WATCH!
- plan easy meals – left overs and crock pot are great friends
- light a nice smelling candle for room aroma therapy
- prepare a binder with page protectors for each step, and put pages where they belong when printed so none are lost
- Label zip-lock baggies with part #’s so that you remember which parts are which clue when it comes time to assemble blocks
- GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP!
And no matter how much you want to push yourself to get as much done as you can – please take breaks! Get out and take a 15 minute walk if you can…or stretch…or even take a nap. Listen to your body and don’t push it all the way to hurt. Pace yourself.
Did I miss anything? If you can think of anything that helps your mystery quilt season work better for you, please share it in the comments section below!
Oh, and as a sneak preview…look how much is left to finish on this binding! It will be done in the next hour – my goal is to have this quilt completely finished before bed tonight. I think I’m going to make it!
Maybe 18” or so to go!!
It’s almost CELTIC SOLSTICE TIME!!