>>>>

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving, 2013!

Cabin_Nov2013 116
Happy Thanksgiving to those in the USA, and those who may be expats abroad! May your homes be filled with yummy smells, your tummies be filled with tasty goodies, and your hearts and homes be filled with family, friends, and love!

This was our view of the sunset from the west end of the deck last evening…it doesn't look like it but that wind was howling fiercely all day and into the night!

It wasn't until I was up here last Saturday getting everything ready that I even noticed I could SEE the mountains to the west, now that the trees have all lost their leaves for the winter.  Before – it was just a mass of green with nothing to see ---and no matter how much I have dreaded winter, and the loss of the beautiful green for a season, If it weren't for the winter, I would never have been able to see the mountains surrounding me on the west as well.

There is a life lesson in that somewhere, but my tummy is still too full from yesterday to consider what it might be!  Okay, maybe something like “Sometimes you have to remove the objects obscuring your view – in order to see what is REALLY there?”  I’m sure that applies somewhere somehow to most of us with something going on in our lives.

Thanksgiving is a time of year where things start “wrapping up” for me, and that carries on right on through Christmas.  And I like to put things into perspective. And get things back in order in my life.  New Years starts the next year off fresh and ready to embrace, to make the most of it that we can, to reach for goals not yet met ---

While I was in the kitchen cooking ---I could hear the sounds of the men in my family coming up from downstairs where they were making their own memories and enjoying each other and having a good time.  I love the sound of their laughter, their teasing and joking and heated conversations, the way they interact with each other.

Cabin_Nov2013 117

The Hubster and Jason playing darts!

And yes, that IS a sock monkey hat on Jason’s Head. LOL!

Cabin_Nov2013 108sm

Family photo tradition in front of the fireplace:
Jason, myself, my dad, and Jeff

Cabin_Nov2013 100sm

Brothers being brothers!

Cabin_Nov2013 110sm

My family

Cabin_Nov2013 118

This morning I awoke to a clear blue sky--the sun shining its face on the mountain tops in the distance.

The boys have both gone home – they have jobs and things to attend to.  Just us 3 “grown ups” are left to spend the day how we want it. 

There are tons of left overs, and I've got the turkey carcass in the crock pot for soup for tomorrow.  There is talk of going out to Boone to the movies, and for a drive on the blue ridge parkway to show dad the vistas.

There is one more side of Celtic Solstice to bind!

Oh, which reminds me.  I had a whoops.  I thought I was clicking “test page” while writing the steps for tomorrow, and it actually posted – for like 5 seconds!  I quickly reverted it to draft because I was not done writing it yet.  I’m still not done writing it yet!  So if you saw a notice for part one in your reader ---it’s just a whoops and was not meant to be a tease!

All will be posted by 7am Eastern tomorrow morning.  So be ready!  I know I am!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!
You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

32 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving to you and your Family. I Love your pattern and enjoy to read about your live. Thank you for sharing them with us!
    Greetings from Norway!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! We are thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely family shots! Hope you had a great time with them. We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia but please know we are very Thankful that you share so much with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy faces, great photos. Glad everything seemed to go well for you after the problematic start to your week. Enjoy the rest of your day and happy Thanksgiving.
    Regards, Linda in England

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great family photos - thank you for sharing your day and your family :D. I had sworn that I was NOT going to venture out on Black Friday but my printer has given up the ghost so I'm forced into going into the office to print off the 1st set of clues for Celtic Solstice tomorrow. The things we Bonnie-fied Fanatics do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are taking a well deserved break with your family. Love the family pics. I think it is the first time I have seen a pic of you and you are the shorty. Wow you have a beautiful, TALL family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Only one more sleep before the fun begins!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE seeing your family photos! So glad your dinner worked out! Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you couldn't "see the forest for the trees" so to speak. When the leaves fall, the whole view changes for sure and next year you will be waiting for the moment when you can see those mountains again. Think of what they will look like as the new leaves come out in the spring. My minds eye is seeing lacy green........mmm. Is there a new quilt in there somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving, Bonnie. I love the picture of the road in front of your cabin, it just beckons me to go take a walk. Looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:46 AM EST

    Bonnie - You look just like your dad!! Enjoy the rest of your visit together and the beauty of the mountains! Aren't the leftovers the best part of the holiday? Looking forward to tomorrows release.....home that ol' BLOGSPOT can handle everyone at once... :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weather Channel mentioned a tornado in NC...sounds like you all are having some memorable weather. Loved the pix of your family...you are a blessed lady with family, talent, and energy. Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving! And thank you for sharing it with us. I will try hard not to stay awake waiting for 4 a.m. (7 a.m. your time) first clue release. Do you realize just how many people are following this mystery this year? Every time I read a comment on your blog or on the CS facebook page I keep hearing 'my first mystery with Bonnie'. I do believe this is becoming a global phenomenon! Oh the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I had the day wrong and thought it started today. I was up early and thought I could get the first part done. Oh well, there is tomorrow, between decorating the house!
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am awaiting step 1 eagerly, have everything ready to roll in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness you look just like your dad! Looks like a great time was had by all
    and I know you were so happy to have your family together, good of the boys to come and spend the day with you all.
    Enjoy your day and glow in the memory of the great day you made for everyone yesterday to give thanks together.

    Happy Sewing.......less than a day away from our new mystery :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for all you inspire. My Easy Street has gone to the quilter, my Rectangle Wrangle, Leaders and Enders project is in progress, papers made for Wild and Goosey, and fabric pulled for the new mystery...do you think you've been an influnce in my. Little corner of the world? What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we have fun in your corner of the world! Looking forward to our next Bonnie projects day. Four Crazy Pineapple blocks done, 220 to go. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

      Delete
  18. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Bonnie and thanks for all you share with the quilting world.
    I am actually going to try and participate in this year's Mystery...It will be my reward for getting through each workweek as we head for Christmas and beyond. My job involves handling the returned textbooks that two of my local businesses purchase from students at the end of the semester, so needless to say, I'm about to get buried. I'll follow your instructions and at least try to make some of each step.
    So, from Northern Illinois, thanks and bring on Step 1!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Thanksgiving Bonnie! Those of us on the FB group have been having lots of fun chatting in anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a lovely, happy family you have to celebrate with! Thanking you on this memorable day for all that you do for us quilting fanatics. hope you have lots of fun and stay warm on this cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the Celtic Solstice button! I've added it to my sewing blog, but now I need to figure out how to do the linky thing. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you had a great thanks giving. You have a lovely family special memories made this year with the new cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Thanksgiving and you are a gift t
    For me to be thankful for in this time of thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 5am my time can't come soon enough!

    Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Has anything ever bothered you in life? Do you
    have any problem you need to solve? A pending
    court case you want to resolve in your favor?
    Health, relationship and finance. Welcome to
    the world of miracles and wonders, there are
    supernatural treasure and power to liberate
    mankind from all afflictions. Why cant you live a
    life of your dream? Why must you work so hard
    and yet earn so little? Why cant you be happy
    with the one you love and desire or why cant the
    one you love reciprocate and appreciate that
    love? Why would the doctor tell you there is no
    solution or cure to your problems? Why would
    your lawyer say you stand no chance, that your
    case is hopeless? Have you been cheated by
    anyone or those owing you money refuse to pay
    back? Do you need a rapid job promotion in
    your place of work? You want to venture into
    politics? Now I understand certain things are
    hard to believe and comprehend, but all I ask
    from you is only 3 days and if you will follow my
    instructions and use the items you will receive, I
    promise your life will never be the same
    again.If you find no relevance in the help I offer
    I solemnly appeals do not be vindictive and go
    in peace. And if your intentions are to take
    advantage of the powerful nature of our items
    for the purpose of evil, I will not have any
    business with you please be advised. May
    angels guide you. All inquiries should be
    directed to the Priest Abija email below Email:
    spirituallighthealing101@live.com or
    you can sent a text message to this number:(518) 303-6207!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for sharing your family! So glad you were able to be together. Hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Thanksgiven time. Lovely family. Enjoy the Blue Ridge Montain sightseeing with father and hubby. Here in Brazil Thanksgiven is not a holiday, but I am very thankful for so many little things. Thank you Bonnie for all the inspiration. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are too kool for school, Bonnie. So grateful I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bonnie.....it just looks like you have had a great Thanksgiving with your family! Your very TALL family! LOL Way to strike the pageant pose in the photo with your dad and boys! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Thanksgiving! It's been a very good day in the Pacific Northwest. Glad the Blue Ridge Mountains were nice for you, too. Family is what this Holiday is all about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my it is 0500 EST and I was hoping the hint would be up and running this early... guess I will get it after work tonight.... BTW the pictures of your family is very nice so happy when there is laughter in the home.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)