>>>>

Friday, November 22, 2013

A Visit to Batiks Galore!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 233
 Welcome is what you feel when you take a drive out a piece to Batiks Galore in Joshua, Texas!

According to stories I’ve been told, your GPS may NOT get you there – but you will see some beautiful country in the process –LOL!

Luckily I was driving with an old pro.  Gillian wound me through city traffic to country roads, past dairies and ranch land and small towns from Forth Worth all the way to Joshua.  I loved the drive --- you could feel the city stress just leave your shoulders as the road opened up to  wide tree dotted spaces and big sky.

After our workshop was over at the Sunset Ranch retreat facility, and everything was cleaned up and loaded into our vehicles….we stopped at the end of the property to visit the shop.

Granbury_FW_TX2013 212

There are no flashy signs to let you know this is a quilt shop – but wait until you see inside!

Granbury_FW_TX2013 213

OH BABY!!

I'm uploading the virtual tour into a slide show!  You'll even get to see the two 4 legged mascots who will roll right over at your feet and beg for a tummy rub.  Such charactors!

Click the image below if you can’t view the virtual tour of Batiks Galore on your mobile device.  You will be taken directly to the photo album.
Batiks Galore, Joshua TX 2013




Granbury_FW_TX2013 222

You need a trip to Batiks Galore in Joshua, Texas --
but do what it says on the card – please CALL for directions!

I’m headed home today ---Dianna  will be here at the hotel to pick me up at 7am and we will make our way through Friday Morning Fort Worth Traffic to get me to the airport.  Tonight I’ll be back in my own bed.  Let the Thanksgiving Holiday ramp up!  I can’t wait to get to the cabin!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!
You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

17 comments:

  1. I love the batiks! I could imagine my mystery quilt being done in batiks! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bonnie thanks so much for sharing! That store looks like Batik Heaven. Did you hear angelic voices singing when you entered the doors? I did, just looking at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a plain and simple exterior but walk through the door!!!! That must be stunning!!!! I love Batiks, working with them is so much fun. You find the most interesting places Bonnie.
    Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, oh my, just overwhelmed from the pictures! Can't imagine how I would be if I actually made it there! Beautiful shop and such wonderful samples! My hat is off to the person who does all that sewing and quilting! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so fortunate to live in such a big state with so many great fabric shops and retreat facilities. At the end of October I was able to visit Sunset Ranch and Batiks Galore for the first time and sew with friends I'd not seen in over a year. What a lovely and welcoming place!! We had the windows and doors open and sewed as the Fall breezes blew through. I found every chance to walk down the driveway to visit the shop. It is a little like the scene from Wizard of Oz when it goes from sepia tone to full color as you open the door to the shop!! Safe travels Bonnie and have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family. Hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's time for cleaning up at my Grandma House, the Kiddos will be here soon. Then I can relax and sew the first Clue of Celtic Solstice next Friday. Safe and unfettered travels today is my wish for you. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Thanks for the slideshow - Batik Heaven!! I so want to take a Road Trip!! I've ordered from them online but I now really, really need to go visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love a quilt store with pets...I think it says so much about the owner! Safe travels home for your holiday start up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - I wish I wasn't half a country away! And yet, it's probably better for my checkbook. GORGEOUS fabrics/store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! BATIKS!!! this place is going on my must visit list for sure....

    ReplyDelete
  12. DH already knows we will be heading that way from Round Rock one of these days. I think first I need to use some of the batiks I have on hand, then I have a real excuse!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely fabulous store. I would be like a child in a sweet shop not knowing what to buy. I would give a lot to be able to visit this store but not very likely to make the trip from the UK. Thanks for showing us anyway. Safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just spent some WONDERFUL dreaming time on the Batiks Galore site. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:42 AM EST

    It's a dream....

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOLY COW! That is really an impressive collection of batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susan in Joshua Texas8:04 PM EDT

    This shop is less than 4 miles from me. I'm going there in the morning! Excited!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)