>>>>

Thursday, November 08, 2012

iPhone-o-Gram! A Capitol Day!

After a good night sleep and an early morning of sewing scrappy goosy blocks, I threw myself in the van and headed downtown to go see the Florida State Capitol building.



I love how you can see the new modern capital building standing tall and proud behind the old Capitol building which now serves as a museum.




There is something so spookily eerie about moss hanging from the tall live oak trees with their gnarly twisted branches.




These statues line the walkway outside of the history Museum :-)
I passed them on my way from the car park to the state capital.


I love looking up inside of the dome! Stainglass reflects the light I can just imagine what it was like beginning in the 1800s.

There is more exploring to do! Got a few hours to play before meeting up with the guild ladies for dinner and setting up for tonight's lecture and trunk show.

Great day to be in Florida :-) I'm enjoying the sunshine immensely well I know so many of you are buried white stuff :-)

Location:Apalachee Pkwy,Tallahassee,United States

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Glad you made it to the capital.. Making me homesick. Moved to Alabama ,but really love tally..

Tami C said...

I'm from Florida, but never spend any time near Tallahassee. We lived in Naples, which is in the southwest part of the state. Thanks for the mini tour of the capital!