>>>>

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Yes, I've Been Quilting!


While the Quilt District retreat was in full swing I was able to get Starshine loaded into the long arm and start the quilting process.

What kind of design do you choose to quilt on something this busy - something this heavy with so many seams?

I decided to flip through my pre-loaded patterns that came with my Intelliquilter and see if there was something that would add a touch of whimsy, not be so formal, and get the job done without over-quilting everything heavily making the quilt weigh more than it already did.


There are a lot of seams!

And this top is a beast!


Starbursts!

And I will have to go back to the machine to remind me what this one is called - but it has a radiating burst with 3 circles in the center.  It reminds me of golf balls in a nest.  LOL!

What worked great is that the design has a bit of back and forth motion while it quilts which worked well to ease in any fullness caused by the bias and all of the seams.

My thread color is a tan/taupe.


Trimmed and ready for binding.


This looks more grey than it is due to the overhead lights.

But I'm happy that these bigger pieces of stash found a happy place.


I can see the quilting texture better on the back.


Scrappy blue binding for the win!


I've still got miles to go - 

I just turned the corner to the third side - and there is still a hanging sleeve and a label to sew on as well.

The other win?  Strictly by chance no seams ended up in the binding corners.  Hooray!

(That's a hole in one for quilters!)


One stitch at a time gets it done!


And yes, I'm loving it!


I'm also loving my dogwood tree!


We have reached full bloom status -

And it is glorious!


The green is filling in!

All of the trees on our mountain are beginning to leaf out.  Soon no ridges will be visible once the green curtain around our cabin property closes in.

As for now we joke that we have "Descended into pollen hell...." Sticky eyes, runny noses and all.

But I'll take it!

And the abundance of antihistamines running through my system likely explain why I thought the Joyful Quilters were arriving yesterday afternoon when in fact, they are coming up from Albemarle NC this morning.


And I am so thrilled with the response!  I can't wait until blocks start being shown on social media!  Please remember to use hashtags #quiltville and #sugargrovequilt so we can find your posts!

Did you enter to win the gift-away on the gift-away post?

I'll be drawing for 2 winners on Friday 4/28/23 (Because I leave for Vietnam on 4/30/23!!!) who will each receive a Sugar Grove PDF pattern from me, and a Roy G. Biv color roll from  Cotton to Quilts!


Perfect colors to enhance your scrap stash!

Captivating Triangles!

The ultimate in scrap stitching! This pattern includes full color photos and graphics and 3 different methods to ensure triangle success! Yes, you CAN make a dent in the scrap stash and have fun while doing it!

Quilt Size: 80’’ X 90’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are also given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

Introductory Pricing!  This pattern is already marked 25% off - no coupon needed!  Price reduction good through 4/30/23 and reverts to full price on 5/1/23. Hurry now and save!

You'll find it in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Are you the only thing that is holding you back?
Encourage yourself to move forward!
Vintage improved nine patch quilt found in Alabama.

Have a terrific Thursday, everyone!


 

9 comments:

  1. The quilting on the stars is perfect I think. Love our dogwoods too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Starshine and the quilting is perfect! Love it Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starburst on Starshine! Glad you got it Quilted. All the decisions we get to make, and yes a Hole in one for no seam on the corner. For me it's a Home Run when I'm done! Hope it my name picked for the Gift away. Thanks for sharing your side of the States. Our Dogwoods are just leafing out. I have a few slower Tulips too. A-Choo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm off to a 4 day "Quilt Camp" (days only, sleep at home). Camp has small projects, and fun gifts. It's in the community room in my little town, and easy to get to restaurants, quilt shop or just go for a walk - the sun is out today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of your glorious weather - we're expecting 8-12 inches of the white stuff through tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane Howell4:43 PM EDT

    I love the quilting design. This would be perfect on a Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous finish!! I loved the backing as well! That dogwood is gorgeous, too! We are getting ready for the Special Olympics event this weekend! So exciting... but so very daunting as we have to be at school earlier than normal! HA! It will be a long day, but it will be sooo much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny, I do my binding the opposite of you. I hold the binding closest to me with the quilt on my legs. I work right to left with my stitches. I always have done it this way. I guess it is because before I was a quilter of blankets, I was a sewer of clothes. When hemming I would always have the edge of my hem closest to my body. I guess there are more than one way to do things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilting looks like a coconut tree to me! LOL Three coconuts in the middle, and the "palm leaves" are the starbursts, Some of the starbursts looks like a short trunk. Isn't it funny how we can all look at the same thing and see something different!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)