>>>>

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

It Takes a Village!



They drove for two days - just to come quilt?

Yes! Yes, they did!

Isn't that what Besties do? Drive all the way from Connecticut to meet up with long time friends from Florida and Georgia to spend time doing what quilters do best - laugh, eat, sleep, and QUILT!

Sherri Noel of Rebecca Mae Designs and Sue Pelland of Sue Pelland Designs pose for a "Partners in Quilt Crime!" photo during our over the porch rail photo shoot at the end of their retreat with the Quilt District!

As much as I love group photos - it is wonderful to take a few special memory shots here and there as well!

Lynette joined us for the first time this year - and I hope she'll be back! If I get this right she is originally from the Philly area, but now lives in Atlanta and her quilting is exquisite! 

She spent most of her time soaking up our spring weather hand stitching on the porch and just enjoying the scenery and the serenade-like mooing of cows.

If there was daylight - Lynette was outside enjoying it!  It made me wish I had thought to bring my own hand quilting to join her.

The project on the left is the one in current hand-piecing status - it's gorgeous!


And yes - the group shots are so much fun!

Waving as cars drive by

(And cows continue to moo!)


Quilts now, Quilts Old, Quilts in Progress -

And afternoon sunshine!

Chilhowie at the far left, a vintage star quilt to follow (Did you see the slide show of our quilt turning on this post?) I don't know the names of pattern sources for the next three but the 6 pointed star on the end is adorable =


Don't you just know these gals are a ton of fun? Another Chilhowie finish at the far right.


The center postage stamp quilt looks vintage, but was recently finished and binding applied while at Quiltville Inn this week!


She got it done!

The fan quilt is gorges in person - each blade embroidered! I took this photo during the quilt turning:


In case it passed too quickly in the slide show -


Check out that embroidery detail!


A gift for me- It's Zoey!

Nancy and Dana made me a Mabel Mae one last year - and this year I complete the pair with a Zoey Jo!

I've got them both here hanging in my basement quilt studio at home.  Love them to bits.  Thank you!


So special! 

(And hilariously funny!)

Teddy Pruett has a new book out (Yes, it's on AMAZON in paperback and kindle!) and she graced us with a few short stories while we were gathered around the fire pit the other night.  

I laughed so hard.  

"I Can't Write Without My Eyebrows is a collection of mini-memoirs and short essays that range from

thought provoking, deep, and poignant to laugh-out-loud funny and stream-of-consciousness ramblings. Warmth and authenticity emanate from each page as author Teddy McMahon Pruett shares her many experiences in vivid, descriptive, and down-to-earth language, leaving readers with the sense that they are riding shot-gun with Teddy and witnessing her experiences firsthand.

"Before I began quilting in 1974," says Teddy, "I wanted to be a writer, fascinated that a person could express an idea, a story, or an emotion in written form and another person could understand and experience the same emotion." In I Can't Write Without My Eyebrows, Teddy not only does just that, but she excels at it.

Women age 30 and up will resonate with these topics that all women encounter and grapple with at various times and stages in their lives. And Teddy leaves nothing off the table. She definitely "goes there"! All of which makes her even more relatable."



She graced us with a copy for the inn!

But go out and get your own copy - you won't be sorry. It's so very good!


It was a wonderful week - a terrific week to spend in celebrating group mom Tara's 50th birthday.

We crammed so much in! It was definitely memorable.


And I look forward to welcoming them back next year!


I think my cheeks still hurt from laughing.

It's just so good!


Night photo taken by Pam.

Please note that the brightest lights are coming from the Quilting Quarters - loads of late night sewing and laughter happening!

Things may be quiet right now, but there is much making ready going on behind the scenes as today I await the arrival of The Joyful Quilters - coming up from Albemarle, NC.

Oh, I hope they know just what they are in for as it is their first visit!

Time to head over and make beds -


And I am so thrilled with the response!  I can't wait until blocks start being shown on social media!  Please remember to use hashtags #quiltville and #sugargrovequilt so we can find your posts!

Did you enter to win the gift-away on the gift-away post?

I'll be drawing for 2 winners on Friday 4/28/23 (Because I leave for Vietnam on 4/30/23!!!) who will each receive a Sugar Grove PDF pattern from me, and a Roy G. Biv color roll from  Cotton to Quilts!


Perfect colors to enhance your scrap stash!

Captivating Triangles!

The ultimate in scrap stitching! This pattern includes full color photos and graphics and 3 different methods to ensure triangle success! Yes, you CAN make a dent in the scrap stash and have fun while doing it!

Quilt Size: 80’’ X 90’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are also given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

Introductory Pricing!  This pattern is already marked 25% off - no coupon needed!  Price reduction good through 4/30/23 and reverts to full price on 5/1/23. Hurry now and save!

You'll find it in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

t's true. Your first thoughts can set the tone for your entire day.
What are you thinking right now?
Vintage churn dash quilt found in Alabama - great use of stripes!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!


 

3 comments:

  1. I love today's comment. It reminds me of something I read recently somewhere on the internet...I dunno, it coulda even been here..my memory is not as great as it used to be. Anyway, the thing I read mentioned that it works to make you physically better as well as improve your mood. Stand in front of a mirror, put your hands on your hips (like Superman) and say something great about yourself. The positive affirmation will do wonders for your mood and, for me at least, it does make me feel better physically too. Try it! I look in the mirror and shout out "I am an excellent quilter!" And then I'm gung ho for getting my day started so I can quilt away very happily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Great quote! Mine is usually along the lines of, "It's going to be a good day!"
    And I love the porch photo shoots as always! Thank goodness we are 1/2 way through the week. Just a few more until the end of the school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo "Night photo taken by Pam." is spectacular! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)