>>>>

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Hexies Found! Travel Ahead!


It's not "the big vintage jar" of paper hexies that I've been wracking my brain hoping to find - but this will do!

I knew I had started "something" hexie-ish - and the last time I remember traveling with anything like this was possibly our trip to Kenya in October of 2019.

Was it really that long ago?  My how time flies when you are living through a global pandemic.

But I digress -

I had a photo of a tile floor that would make a very interesting hexie quilt. I envisioned working it in brights in interesting color combos - and here is the evidence of my start, but where was the photo of the tile floor to give me more direction?

I found that too - and through I'm not even going to flirt with the idea that this will be another gazillion-piece queen-sized hexie project, I think it will be fun to play with bright and colorful pieces and whimsical little prints for a while.

There is a lot of travel happening for me in 2023, and SOMETHING has got to occupy my hands!

I think I'm going to pull more Kaffe scraps into this one - I think the colors and prints will really bring some interest - and who knows what I'll pick up on my journeys to also include.

That's the fun, isn't it?

Speaking of journeys -  This was mine yesterday:


A visit to the mammo bus!

Now how about those mountains and an impending storm as backdrop? Talk about dramatic!

Our mammo suite is having a make-over at Ashe Memorial Hospital - so they've got the mammo bus in the parking lot.

I'm game!  Besides, I'd rather go into a bus than a hospital setting.


They've got quite the setup in here!


All done, and only a bit wet getting from the bus to the car.

This is what 61 and all caught up on mammos looks like.  I'm always glad to have this taken care of, but I do get a bit nervous waiting for the results to come in.

Have you had yours?  What's stopping you from scheduling if you haven't?  It's so important!

From here it was a visit to the chiropractor in anticipation of some very long flights happening in the very near future.

Boobs smashed, back cracked - I'm good to go!


There was just enough time to attend to the 80 kits for my Ireland travelers happening in June.

I am eliminating as much weight and bulk as I can for my luggage, so I am trimming margins off of the printed Stick 'n Stitch, removing the backing and having the overlay place on to each linen square, and a needle put into one corner.

I'll be packing them as tightly as possible in anticipation for this trip. 

There is more to do - but since all of my other things on the pre-travel list are just about done - I can get done what I can on these before I go.


OH Mabel!

I'm feeling mostly like this.  Afraid I've forgotten something important, yet knowing I have everything I need - my visa, my travel documents, my passport - 

Oh, need to notify credit card companies so they know I'm traveling -

But I think that's it!

I'm leaving at 6am tomorrow morning for a 2 1/2 hour drive to Greensboro to catch my flight to Atlanta and another flight to JFK New York - and finally will meet up with my group to board our flight to Taipei Taiwan and finally our last flight to Hanoi Vietnam.

I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to post again - but I will when I can!


Last Two Days to Save!

Some time tomorrow before I board that flight for Taipei I'll be ending the introductory sale for Sugar Grove.

This pattern is already marked 25% off - no coupon needed! But the discount ends soon!

The ultimate in scrap stitching! This pattern includes full color photos and graphics and 3 different methods to ensure triangle success! Yes, you CAN make a dent in the scrap stash and have fun while doing it!

Quilt Size: 80’’ X 90’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are also given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

You'll find it in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.

Today?

Since it's Saturday morning and the sun is shining after several rainy stormy days I think I'll head upstairs and scramble up a hearty breakfast.

I plan on resting it up today - not doing too much of anything since everything is well taken care of.

Early to bed tonight, and off I go tomorrow!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Dreams don't become a reality all by themselves.
Keep at it, and make them happen!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

And for those headed on this adventure with me - I'll see you at JFK tomorrow evening!


 

26 comments:

  1. Safe travels for you and all of the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic trip. Hope to see pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:36 AM EDT

    Safe travels and have a super time!!! Karen Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:36 AM EDT

    travel while as long as you are able! My regret is I waited (not sure why) and now i;m physically challenged... same w/boob smasage!!! I avoided and had no idea the squashing had diminished and was no longer so painful! Go, do it! Getterdonee... I do love to see the photos and read the details about your hikes & trips and Congratulations on finding those hexies... It's too late to put together an project like that with less than 24 hours to go!!!! I think you got this one and I'm looking forward to the vicarious enjoyment about your trip.. Cats in Carlsbad, CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be thinking about all of the fun that you will be having! You so deserve this trip. Don't worry about blogging and just enjoy the moment (although I bet that since you've been doing it for so long, that urge will be there).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe travels, Bonnie!! I hope you and your crew have a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you on getting your mammogram. A routine one for me in 2019 showed cancer. It was small and a mastectomy took care of it completely (and saved my life). By posting about it you may just have encouraged someone like me to "just get it done", and saved their life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for you Sandy! I had basically the same in 2005 - but I just had a lumpectomy! Yes, Ladies, get your Mammograms!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:14 AM EDT

    Have a wonderful trip Bonnie & entourage. Safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fran from Iowa10:27 AM EDT

    I pray for safe travels and have so much fun and one of a kind experiences. Look forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes and safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Boobs smashed, back cracked!!" Literally had me laughing out loud! It's great that you have a traveling center to get that important exam taken care of come to you. You're looking great!! Enjoy your trip and safe travels to all! The only traveling for me right now is a field trip to the NASA Space Center in Houston on Monday for our field trip! We're so excited! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea for found Hexies! A Mammo Bus and Chiro appointment. Yep, You are ready as can be. Road trip for me while you jet away to Vietnam. My Chiro warns me to walk around and not sit too long. Ice Packs are my friend. Can hardly wait to see what you make with those Hexies! Safe Travels and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For those who think that Mammos aren't necessary this is my story: My cancer would only have been detected by a Mammo. It's called Ductal cancer in situ. No lumps so manual examination would have never found it. I ended up having a Mastectomy on my right breast. The upside - I only have to have a Mammo on the left side so I get a discount! A little flip, maybe but this happened on my 50th birthday and I'm still here 23 years later to tell you about it.. Safe travels and see you at Quiltville in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Boobs smashed.......back cracked.....I'm good to go!" Bonnie K. Hunter......There HAS to be some kind of "coin" to this phrase Bonnie! LOLOLOL Capitalize on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a fabulous time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I will see at JFK tomorrow. I cannot wait for our adventure to Vietnam!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous1:24 PM EDT

    Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:40 PM EDT

    Our medical groups use something called MyChart. I had the clear results to my mammogram in an hour. Same with all my labs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Safe travels and have a WONDERFUL TIME. To eliminate some of the bulk when packing your squares I put them in a plastic zip lock bag and close most of the way then push out the air and finish closing. I do this with my kits when I go on retreats. I have packed a double size kit of batting and squares and you will be amazed at how much air space is removed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. After a mammogram my neck is always out of whack. I need a massage or chiropractor next.

    Did you pack all your chargers? Battery pack backup? I forgot one of my chargers on my last frantic, quick, middle of the night call packs before being thankful there was a seat available on the first morning flight. It was a domestic flight and I was able to locate a substitute after a few days.
    Enjoy your travels. I'm looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Safe travels, Bonnie! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Juana Ibanez8:29 PM EDT

    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jane K Resko9:01 PM EDT

    Travel. safely.Be aware .Buy gum and lifesavers.Take empty water bottle💗
    Looking at your famished hexies why do you put the 4 wings on ??💗✝️🙏🏻🪷🌷🪷

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just had my mamo done a couple weeks ago. Went to a new center since my old Radiologist retired and closed her office. This new one checked my mamo while I was still undressed and then they did an ultrasound on my armpits for my lymph nodes and while I was dressing, the doctor told the tech I was good to go for another year. So much better than having to wait for a call or letter in the mail.
    Have a great time on your trip. I hope all your flights connect at the right time.
    I think Mabel wants to fit in your suitcase too. Polly Blank

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)