>>>>

Friday, April 14, 2023

Sugar Grove PDF Pattern Gift-Away!


Happy Friday, quilty friends!

Mid-month means new pattern releases and fun gift-aways!

And there have been so many questions as to when I would be releasing Sugar Grove

"I have to make this!" "Oh, I just love the motion!" "This would make such a great Leader & Ender project!

And I am delighted!  I'm also delighted that the folks at  Cotton to Quilts are also providing 2 fabric rolls for our gift-away - read on for more details!


My inspiration?  This antique quilt I found on one of my jaunts - I LOVED it then, and captured a photo to use as one of my "Quiltville Quotes" and I had thought to myself "How crazy does someone have to be to make a quilt out of so many scrappy triangles?

Well, evidently THIS crazy!  Because before I knew it I was pulling strips and making blocks.


Unlike the quilter of yesteryear who likely used a cardboard template and cut her pieces by hand - I pulled strips from my Scrap User's System - matched neutral strips to colored strips with right sides together and quickly cut triangle pairs ready to sew using my Essential Triangle Tool.

I was on a mission.  These strips needed a place to shine.  

I was matching really odd things to other odd things and coming up with combos that made ME happy and put these strips to good use.

The plan was to cut as many triangle pairs as I could from each pairing - and they could be used in several different blocks in different locations within each block.

No strips were to go back in the drawer!


Check these out!

I absolutely adore the hedgehogs.

So fun!

(And I spy some Downton Abbey too!)


Everything came together with the quilting.

(Do you spy some sparkly Y2K??)


I quilted with a sand colored thread using an edge-to-edge design called A Little Bit This by Barbara Becker. Perfect as there is a whole LOT of THIS and of THAT in this quilt!


I bound it in blue - happy to use up the last 1/2 yard of this fabric from the stash, leaving a bit more breathing room on my shelf.


Ivy supervises while I hand bind!


Sew many happy scraps!

If I had to say what my favorite part about this pattern is - it's a toss up between the 3 ways included to make batches of half-square triangles and how I pressed so all blocks will nest when sewing block to block and row to row to complete the top.

(No, I'm not a press everything open girl - I get giddy when seams nest and lock into place!)


Captivating Triangles!

The ultimate in scrap stitching! This pattern includes full color photos and graphics and 3 different methods to ensure triangle success! Yes, you CAN make a dent in the scrap stash and have fun while doing it!

Quilt Size: 80’’ X 90’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are also given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

Introductory Pricing!  This pattern is already marked 25% off - no coupon needed!  Price reduction good through 4/30/23 and reverts to full price on 5/1/23. Hurry now and save!

You'll find it in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.

And yes! There is a gift-away!

I'll be drawing for 2 winners on Friday 4/28/23 (Because I leave for Vietnam on 4/30/23!!!) who will each receive a Sugar Grove PDF pattern from me, and a Roy G. Biv color roll from  Cotton to Quilts!


Perfect colors to enhance your scrap stash!

Are you ready to enter?



Please remember that fabric prizes must be shipped to a USA address.  If you are outside of the USA we can send it to a friend within the USA who can forward it on to you.

Good luck, everyone!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

You are a work in progress! Never stop learning, never stop exploring the possibilities, never stop growing! 


Vintage spider web quilt found in North Carolina 


Happy Friday!


 

25 comments:

  1. Lea Anne Brummett9:43 AM EDT

    Bonnie I love it when you give close ups of your quilts so we can see the prints. I adore the simplicity of this quilt and how it moves. Another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quote, I was just told that I put the jelly in the freezer, really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:11 AM EDT

    I would love to make this quilt! Who ever said this would make the perfect leader ender is exactly right! I would love to win one of the rolls to make this quilt. Love what you do, Bonnie, please never stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt does have magnificent movement and I love the picture where a light wind is giving it even more movement! Great job on this quilt and my entry is in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew Many Scraps! I love it, almost like an Ocean Waves Quilt. On my Bucket List. Thanks for another winner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:37 AM EDT

    I love everything about this quilt! It's definitely on my To-Do list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this quilt! But, then again, I love all your quilts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt. I love it. Thank you for all that you do. I look forward to your blog every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:35 PM EDT

    I'm going to call this quilt "potato chips." So cheerful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:58 PM EDT

    Is so fun to see the scraps up close. It’s also sort of bad though because I have so much fabric I need to use up but seeing all the fun randomness in your quilts makes me want to go collect more scraps :-) jennessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:58 PM EDT

    We all have so many projects going but using leaders and enders will make this one a no braoner to start yet another project! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:25 PM EDT

    Such a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:21 PM EDT

    Love, love. Love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not an open seams girl neither. Love, LOVE your style, your quilts, your point of view...well you name it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:06 PM EDT

    I look at this pattern and think “how did she do that?!?” Guess I better get the pattern and find out.
    -Cindy M in SW OH

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool quilt! Seems totally random until you look closer and see the method. Genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am totally using this as my next leader and ender project (should I say also my first, I have a lot of those 'seeds' already though)! Will cut a bunch more for hsts as soon as I finish quilting Rhododendron Trail, but before I start the next quilt project ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another FABULOUS job!! Definetly a great leader/ender project! I love it when you give the close-ups and then play "I Spy" with the fabric! :) Ivy's pose was too sweet. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous8:19 PM EDT

    I’m happy to be crazy over doing this quilt! Julie Naatz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous8:54 PM EDT

    Please show the piggies on the back again in case anyone missed it in January when you were calling this Death by Triangles! LOL.
    LOVE this quilt, I’ve already started one. FranSak

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stitchmemories8:20 AM EDT

    Does your pattern teach your method using your triangle ruler?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tanya Hockensmith12:22 PM EDT

    Bonnie, this is absolutely beautiful! I am constantly amazed by what you create!! Wow!! You’re so amazing!! I can’t wait to grab this up!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely love this pattern and hope it will be up for sale soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Catherine Etter12:23 PM EDT

    This is absolutely pure happiness! Such motion and delight for the eyes, simply lovely........ 💗💗💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)