>>>>

Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter Binding!


Happy Monday, everyone!

I hope everyone had a grand weekend - Happy Easter, Passover, Ramadan - however you celebrate and welcome in the change of seasons.

Here in Appalachia spring is bursting forth and though our weekend was quiet, I reveled in it.

We were supposed to go to Casden's first baseball game on Saturday which ended up being rained out - temps never left the 30s here on Saturday, so I'm not all together sad that there was a delay, though I was sad not to be able to scoop him up and get my fill of red-headed hugs from this nearly 7 year old.

It did give me a chance to finish the binding, label and hanging sleeve on Morning Glories!


There is just something about a well chosen binding that finishes everything up so nicely!


My heart is happy with this finish!

I wasn't sure how all of these greens would play together - but I love it!  All of these greens reflect what is happening in my corner of the world right now as new leaves emerge and start to fill in our view.


I see leaves popping on some trees this morning!

I took this photo just a few minutes ago - the sun is shining and our temps will be in the high 50s today.  A bit chilly for hiking - but I have hope that the warming up trend will continue!


Oh, that quilting texture in the morning light!


Be watching for the PDF pattern for Morning Glories to be released in August.

Today I'll be at my desk drawing out graphics and working on Sugar Grove:


This one is bound to bust ALL of your scraps! 

Well, maybe not all.  Because I can't see where it did much to make a dent in mine.  

But it was FUN to make.

Our pattern release and Gift-Away happens FRIDAY - it's coming up so quickly!

And yes, the gift-away will include gorgeous fabric rolls from Cotton to Quilts as well.

On Wednesday I am welcoming the Quilt District for their stay at Quiltville Inn - they will be doing another antique quilt  show & share, and I can't wait to see what everyone is bringing.

Yes - I'll get loads of photos!


And just because I know you are wondering how Tula Lou is doing - She now comes running when I call her name.

She hasn't missed a mealtime yet!


And Lola is wondering just what is up with the shirt fabrics on my cutting table.


As for Ivy, ,she just blends herself into the carpet and pretends she owns the place - which she does.

Knowing that today is a desk day - I hope there will be time to pay some attention to those shirt fabrics - I have a plan.

And after the intense piecing I've done lately, it's nice to have something simple to look forward to.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Or in the infamous words of my friend Sally, "Let go or be dragged!"
This lovely grandmother's flower garden quilt was sent to me as a cabin warming gift from my friend Karen. I love it to pieces!

(It also reminds me of fried eggs! LOL!)
Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!


 

25 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 AM EDT

    Ok, I didn't see fried eggs until you said that and now, that's all I see! Haha, it's a gorgeous quilt. All of the quilts are gorgeous. Robin Haupt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:39 AM EDT

    Oh Bonnie I love your Morning Glories! I will be watching in August for its release. It is an amazing looking pattern and the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:21 PM EDT

      This comment from Cathy Russell in Maine. Definately looking forward to this pattern.

      Delete
  3. My first thought when I saw above quilt was "fried eggs"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:06 AM EDT

    I was not sure where you were going with the “Morning Glories”. blocks, but it’s great! I love it and look forward to August. Thanks for all you do for the quilting world! You are a national treasure in Quilt Nation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Glories is FABULOUS!! And perfectly named. I can picture the morning glories of my childhood, growing up the trellis by our back porch in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see the pics of all 3 kitties! So glad Tula. Loo is staying around. How will you help her shelter this winter? I was thinking kitty door in garage but then I suppose you woukd get other unwanted visitors. Perhaps you will devise something. Lola not likely to accept her! Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend and I know what you mean about red headed hugs and snuggles. I had one of those ... once va time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sheltered a feral cat for 16 years using a cat door into the garage. Never did another animal discover it and we live in the country where many varmits reside. It was a safe haven for our sweet cat especially in the winter with piles of snow and so, so cold. We had a heated little house in the garage for him and heated dishes as well. Worked out perfectly.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:44 AM EDT

    Loving your apquilts with no borders ….just binding. You’re one smart designer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peggy Wilson10:47 AM EDT

    Loving the quilts w no borders just binding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wondering what happened to the HST quilt! I didn't remember you giving us the name. Friday! Wahoo! Morning Glories is gorgeous! I saw the fried eggs right off! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:09 AM EDT

    I think this is one of the prettiest quilt patterns you have done. And isn't Tula just a beautiful cat. She was lucky to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SEW much fun to see this one finished, will wait patiently for August. I still have Chilhowie to finish. Morning Glory is perfectly colorful like a rainbow. The greens set off all the colors. You're a genius with patterns that jump off with simple piecing.
    Curious about the shirtings... Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unrelated to today's post - but need some help with hexie quilt binding. Two sides have hexi shaped edges that I plan on using Knife edge finish - but what do I do with 2 straight sides? Quilter quilted so close I don't think I can do knife edge. If I use straight binding strips on straight sides how do I finish the ends?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Morning Glories quilt is one that looks different in every direction you look at it, so clever, Bonnie, can't wait for it's release. Both are mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Morning Glories. And it totally fits the scraps I have. And I must add, those are some beautiful beasts you have living around your "spread".

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy that Tula Lou is having you to look after her. The Morning Glory is a beautiful quilt and Sugar Grove is beautiful too. You are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathryn Bruhn12:14 PM EDT

    I really like morning glories, love the greens. Thank you for all you do in the quilting world.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous1:43 PM EDT

    How fun! The quilt looks like Huevos Rancheros - eggs poached in a red chili sauce - to me.
    Cya Jerdon

    ReplyDelete
  18. When you were sewing the Morning Glory components I couldn't imagine what they would become. But I love these blocks, and I will definitely be buying the pattern in August -- even though they involve paper foundation piecing! I'm sure your pattern will include tips for the PFP that will make it easier than I expect. Love your patterns Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Michele Bautsch3:17 PM EDT

    So nice to see Tula is doing well. She is beautiful. She is a lucky kitty to find Quiltville Inn as her home.



    ReplyDelete
  20. Tula Lou is a beautiful cat. Outside cats are good to keep the mice in check.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cindy M in SW OH4:57 PM EDT

    I’m really liking Morning Glories; so bright and pretty. And I’m happy Tula Lou is staying on your porch, she is such a pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My thought about Lola's look was, " Why are you giving my scratches and pets away to another cat?!" ;) But, I'm very happy to hear that Tula comes a-running when it's mealtime! :) I absolutely LOVE Morning Glories, and will try and wait until August to pick up the pattern. It will give me something quilty to look forward to, as we start back to school that month. I am A HUGE fan of quilts with no borders!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous7:06 AM EDT

    I need another quilt pattern like a hole in the head but Morning Glories speaks to me. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)