>>>>

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

It May Be Gusty -


The wind may be whipping it up a bit, but we are doing our best to get those quilts photographed over the porch rail!

I kind of like photos where quilts are wafting on the breeze - we call those "Action Shots!"

This photo op took place Friday evening after our nature walk - week by week our photo times change as we follow the sun - it needs to be shining on this side of the house for photos that aren't dark in shade.

It's kind of like that old Beatles song "For tomorrow may rain so....I'll follow the sun!" And in this case, it DID rain the next day.  I'm so glad we got this activity in on Friday evening!

From left to right: Grand Illusion in progress, a lovely crumb/string quilt, Easy Street from  MORE Adventures With Leaders & EndersGood Fortune in a mini size, Rhododendron Trail, Smith Mountain Morning from Scraps & Shirttails II, (Something else folded that I can't see) And a lovely pumpkin applique concotion that I have no pattern info on - but it's darling!

(Whew!  That was a mouthful!)


Appliqued circles and pieced diamonds, oh my!


You can't fake these smiles and laughter!

Disappearing none-patch, a beautiful star, a couple of green things, a strippy thing and some other undiscernibles, but it is sure fun! (How's that for a description?! LOL!)


Waving at the passers-by.

The Joyful Quilters brought so much joy to this porch!


Thanks for coming, ladies!

It was a fantastic weekend, and we'll see you back next year!


Yesterday morning in front of my car -

These are the lilacs in the hedge I absolutely adore.  When we first viewed our property it was early December - and we closed in March when the bushes were still leafless and mostly dead looking.

Imagine my thrill come April when the bushes sprouted leaves and it turned out to be a lilac hedge!

I revel in the fragrance.  I love them so much!  And yesterday I noticed that they are about to bloom.

But I am leaving Sunday!?!?!  Oh, no - I'm going to miss their opening this year.  I only hope that some remain when I am back on the 11th.

And for those wondering - yes, my laptop is coming with me. And I will post when I can - there may be days when I don't based on what our tours are and my connectivity.

But I'll try!  That's all I can do.

I will be immersing myself with my group and I'm not sure how much time there will be for blog updating while I am gone.

I'll catch you up when I get back!


Lola, testing out the comfies!

Around here, May kicks off Patriotic Season with Memorial Day.  Patriotic Season runs all the way until Labor Day as we have Flag Day in June, Independence Day in July - and August - well, it's summer!

I'm working behind the scenes on our May PDF pattern release which because I need some slack on the dates due to being gone to Vietnam and not returning home until the 11th of May will happen on May 19th.  Stay tuned for that one!

TWO DAYS LEFT!!


Did you enter to win the Sugar Grove gift-away on the gift-away post? Our drawing happens THIS COMING FRIDAY - in just two days!

I'll be drawing for 2 winners on Friday 4/28/23 (Because I leave for Vietnam on 4/30/23!!!) who will each receive a Sugar Grove PDF pattern from me, and a Roy G. Biv color roll from  Cotton to Quilts!

Captivating Triangles!

The ultimate in scrap stitching! This pattern includes full color photos and graphics and 3 different methods to ensure triangle success! Yes, you CAN make a dent in the scrap stash and have fun while doing it!

Quilt Size: 80’’ X 90’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are also given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

Introductory Pricing!  This pattern is already marked 25% off - no coupon needed!  Price reduction good through 4/30/23 and reverts to full price on 5/1/23. Hurry now and save!

You'll find it in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Don't keep yourself from growing just because complacency is more comfortable.
I have to keep reminding myself of this.
Vintage quilt found in Alabama.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!



 

9 comments:

  1. SEW fun to see The Joyful Quilters appearing on your blog, Bonnie! We had a wonderful weekend. FYI, my Grand Illusion quilt was finished in October 2022. It was quilted by Stacy (who was with us this past weekend from Over The Moon Quilts.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:50 AM EDT

    You might try forcing the lilac blooms. Cut some and put them in warm water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love the lilacs!!! Was surprised to have a big old shrub in Riverside, CA years ago, just loved it!!! AND... What we resist, persists! Think about that my prcrastinating friends (me me me)! LOL, Happy Wednesday, xo Cats in Carlsbad CA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie, lindas colchas, maravilhosas, Parabéns!
    Beijinhos de Luz!
    AnaMaria

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Rain or Wind will keep you from trying to get those over the porch pictures! My porch is small. Just right for Granddaughters flimies. We have a Park with a Fun Hazebo close by that is my favorite place to photograph quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can I find the pattern for Pineapple Crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:43 PM EDT

    Just enjoy your trip and we will wait patiently (anxiously) to hear from you when you return. Be safe! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a good porch quilt show! I recognized most of them before I read your titles! :) And love a good shot of Lola!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever you are NOT changing -- You are CHOOSING!!
    Over the rail pictures must be the highlight of every retreat! I know I look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)