>>>>

Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Bye Bye, Bonniacs!


Another April Fools week gone  by - but the googly eyes remain!

Another super fun retreat with Nola's Bonniacs is in the books.

They did so much!  We had two fantastic nature walks.  They took a shop hop day - and were gone ALL DAY - and oh, the goodies they brought back.

They quilted like crazy from dawn past midnight.  (Yes, there were some naps - always welcome!)

And best of all - I got to share more time with them in our Winter Blues workshop.

I don't think we could have filled it any more fully.  

And we even had cat whisperer Nola on hand to help catch Tula for her big day - and others on hand to chase the possums away in the process.


And in case you are wondering about those hoodies - take a look!

They are Winter Blues commemorative workshop hoodies!

And they graciously gifted me one as well.  So much fun!


And the wind behaved.

And there was abundant sunshine!


Ditch LiliesChilhowie , and two gorgeous scrappy star quilts!


The quilt at the far left is called 2020 - and made with scraps left from mask making during the early days of Covid.

I don't have info on the second quilt, but next up are Crabapples from Adventures With Leaders & Enders and Frolic.  

Frolic center was completed during retreat, borders to come (or maybe not!)


Long dachshund was assembled from a kit! En Provence, unknown, and a blue version of Ruby Jubilee that ran through Quiltmaker Magazine last year. 

These tops were finished at retreat:


I don't know the real name of this pattern - so cute!






Tula!

Back on the Porch!

This morning I went into the enclosed utility room in the garage where Tula was ready to be loved upon.  I swear she is more affectionate than I've ever seen her.  It's like she KNOWS we've saved her from something.

After 10 minutes or so of petting and purring I picked up her food, opened the door and let her follow me through the garage and back to the porch where I set everything where it was before this adventure started.

Now it's like she doesn't know what to do - as in "Why are you walking away from me? What am I supposed to do  now? Where are all the ladies to love on me?"

She followed me all the way to the QPO.  She was still at my back door when I finished filling the mail order and took it out to the mailbox.

I'll check for her every once in a while - She's got her freedom to stay or go, and if I didn't have Lola here I'd bring her in, but we know and remember well what Lola did to Ivy when she came to us.

Oh, the life of an old cat lady!

Today the plan is to finish a quilt I've loaded into the machine - photos of that to come.

It's a lovely day and we are talking about taking the dogs up to the park to hike up the Appalachian Trail to see if the ponies are out.

I'm loving this spring thing.

What plans do you have up on deck for today??


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Miracles are everywhere. 


You just have to stop, pay attention and appreciate the little things.


My lilac hedge has leaves. I am rejoicing! 


Happy Wednesday, everyone! 


 

19 comments:

  1. The dog quilt pattern is All Wrapped Up by Stacy Hsu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:37 AM EDT

    Aww! I'm so glad that Tula isn't skittish after her vet adventures. Thanks for giving her a helping hand. - Leah S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda Dye9:37 AM EDT

    That's my Quilt!! I brought it to a class I took with you, Bonnie, several years ago. It was made for me by my great-grandmother. It is all hand sewn and hand quilted. You made my day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:51 AM EDT

    Hey, fellow Quiltville readers, wondering if anyone has pattern info. In the first over-the-rail close-up shot w 4 quilts, showing Ditch Lilies and Chilhowie on the left - I'm interested in the third quilt, the nesting rows of stars w green diamond points. Thanks in advance to anyone who can reply w the pattern name and designer. - Leah S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the exact same thing--the pattern is gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:48 AM EDT

      Points of interest: "The class was taught by Jo Kramer and Kelli Jo Hanken who also designed the quilt and organized our Bonnie Hunter retreat. The quilt was originally selected by and published in American Patchwork and quilting’s April 2017 magazine." http://longarm-quilting-inspirations.com/points-of-interest-progress/

      Delete
    3. Anonymous3:12 PM EDT

      Twinkle star - Pamela Dempsey

      Delete
    4. Anonymous1:21 PM EDT

      Thank you, quilt friends! That pointed me in the right direction. - Leah S

      Delete
  5. My sister went to visit her children for 10 days. When she got home her cat would not leave her side. Even got on the bed & slept right by her all night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for both you and Tula! She's going to have a great life hanging around the Quiltville Inn and PO :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i KNEW she would stay!!! Something about your determination to help her have a good life, comes thru and cannot be denied... besides, alll the pre-op photos showed one calico looking for a home... love the one of her sitting up looking thru screen door! Congrats, you did it again quilting cat lady, thanks... Cats in Carlsbad CA ... I love a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:47 AM EDT

    For the first time in seven weeks, I’m heading off to Sew Day with my Quilty Friends! Foot surgery has slowed me to a halt but I’m finally up on a walking boot with crutches and ready to move around more and start getting back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Tula would gladly become an indoor cat if someone would want to take her home. I'm glad she is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:59 AM EDT

    Seeing all those tennis ball chair foot protectors made me chuckle. And Tula is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:15 PM EDT

    Maybe Tula isn't as feral as she seems. Maybe she would like to live with Ivy. Shirleyf

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy it was a successful quilt retreat! And so happy that Tula is staying around; I knew she would!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though Ivy and Lola did not get along--Lola might accept Tula--some cats will bond and some just don't--kinda like people I guess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe Tula has found a great home. Hugs from one cat momma to another. Your the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing the Miracles! Happy Easter Week! Gotta make some Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Eggs for the weekend. Maybe some for tomorrow too. Need some taste testers, lol. Looking at my Purples to finish my Purple Passion Jubilee. Love it in Blues.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)