>>>>

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Walking For Quilters!


This was last Friday, walking down by the New River with the Joyful Quilters.

I'm so glad they had this nice day - it has been cold cold cold this week - temps right at freezing upon waking at 7am.

I'm ready for these warm days to come back!

I am always excited when quilters will take me up on an offer to do a little nature walk - it recharges our bodies, increases our oxygen intake, lets loose those fantastic endorphins and then we can go back and quilt all the more -

Creativity flourishes!


Hills can sometimes be a challenge -

But just like quilting - it's NOT a race.  It's about taking whatever time you need to get there, and enjoying the sights and sounds all along the way.


Everyone loves the rushing and burbling of this small creek as it tumbles beyond the rocks and down the hill.


And up they go!


Destination - the VA/NC state line!

It's a great photo op stop.


Well done, ladies!

Now let's go back and sew some more!


More trillium - just because they are out.


And they don't last long.


See that cabin up there?

I've wondered about it for years - there doesn't seem to be a road to get to it - it's just there, above the highway.  

I bet it, too, has loads of stories to tell of earlier days in this area.


Evidence of my quilty weekend -

I stitched as far as I could go with the four-patches and half-square triangles I had on hand - all the way until there were not enough units to make another block.

I am currently at 38.

This week is a bit nuts with getting everything ready to go for Vietnam - I begin my journey Sunday!

I spent yesterday writing a magazine article, preparing for a live video thing with the Quilt Alliance happening tomorrow, ordering all the needed things I was out of for upcoming retreats (It's rather boring to order cases of toilet paper and paper towels, but it has to happen!) and trying to find WHERE that big vintage jar of paper hexies went.

I ended up deciding on a couple of interesting designs for our New Zealand projects coming up with January's tour.

And I learned something!

The national colors of the Māori, an indigenous people of Polynesian origin in New Zealand, are black, white and red.

I'm planning on doing some 2-color stitching for these projects, with black and red on natural linen.

That should keep my fingers busy for quite a while -

And then there is always ALWAYS the job to clean out the photos and files on my phone - when you are a captive on a plane for more than 16 hours - phone clean up is a good thing.


And just for fun - is this you??

My brother Scott and his wife Alicia were out driving in Idaho and spotted this plate at a light ahead of them.

They thought it was so fun they sent it to me.

I'm waving back at you, whomever you are!

On today's to-do list:

Housekeeper Susan will be working her magic on the house, while I take care of folding the towels, preparing towel baskets, take sticky rollers to the design walls, and recover the ironing stations with new freezer paper.


I am also putting freezer paper on my new ironing board cover to protect it - my previous ironing board cover started to disintegrate after much use of heat.

I love this new ironing board cover!  I have an extra wide board and thought this quilty-looking version was perfect for the QPO.

It does, however - make it a bit hard to see those blue triangles I am trying to press.  LOL!

If you are in search of a fun ironing board cover, you can find this one in the Quilting All the Time category of the Quiltville Amazon Affiliate Store.


Did you enter to win the Sugar Grove gift-away on the gift-away post? Our drawing happens THIS COMING FRIDAY!

I'll be drawing for 2 winners on Friday 4/28/23 (Because I leave for Vietnam on 4/30/23!!!) who will each receive a Sugar Grove PDF pattern from me, and a Roy G. Biv color roll from  Cotton to Quilts!

Captivating Triangles!

The ultimate in scrap stitching! This pattern includes full color photos and graphics and 3 different methods to ensure triangle success! Yes, you CAN make a dent in the scrap stash and have fun while doing it!

Quilt Size: 80’’ X 90’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are also given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

Introductory Pricing!  This pattern is already marked 25% off - no coupon needed!  Price reduction good through 4/30/23 and reverts to full price on 5/1/23. Hurry now and save!

You'll find it in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Isn’t this true? All it takes is 1 stupid thing out of 100 good things to change your mood and throw you for a loop.
Focus on the good things! The small stupid things don't matter.
Vintage string Apple Core quilt found in Alabama.

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!


 

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 AM EDT

    Love your dark colored trillium, in Wisconsin they are all white!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope the License plate isn't mine. Nice to see the ladies out and about. Quilt Alliance thing, I will need to find out more about. Just joined again. Is it for the BOM? Happy Tuesday-Choose day. I'll be stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really needed today's quote yesterday. On a positive note, the Safelite technician got my cracked windshield replaced right before it rained this morning. One less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love it when you share your hikes with us! It breaks up the monotony of the day for me! Cute license plate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:51 PM EDT

    Whenever I read about the trillium I think of the movie "Day of the Triffids" LOL I don't know why. It is a 1960s sci fi about plants attacking. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been in despair of finding a new cover for my oversized ironing board -- not the same size as the one in the photo but they do offer my size so tomorrow will be a spa day for my hardworking board. Thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane Howell4:39 PM EDT

    Nope! It's not mine. Mine is QULTN . It is also an Alabama Pro Life tag. I got 2 for one. Have a wonderful safe trip to Viet Nam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Juana Ibanez4:48 PM EDT

    time for some black, white and red all over jokes.... sun-burned/embarrassed zebra? sun-burned/embarrassed penguin? newspaper? a nun who rolled downhill? I envy all who are going to get to do your trips with you. Enjoy your journeys! Thank you for making it easy for us to be looky-loos on the trips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SEW sorry that I wasn't able to join you all on the nature walk, but remaining back at the Inn was a good thing. I made a TON of progress on my projects!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)