>>>>

Saturday, April 01, 2023

Simple Does It!


Our focus on retreat with Nola's Bonniacs this week is SIMPLIFY!

They are living their best simple quilt week at Quiltville Inn - with time to grab a bit of sunshine (when there is some because right now it's pouring buckets!) to simply sew when they want to, or to simply load up the cars and escape for a day away shop hopping with lunch out as they did yesterday.

It's simple - all of life's cares can wait back at home for their return.

This week we are simply enjoying it all!


Including a trek up to the county/state line.

Please notice it got warm enough that shirts and jackets are around waists!


Sunglasses required!


What a gorgeous blue sky Thursday!

And how quickly it all changed -oh the rain did come.

Yesterday was a "port day" meaning that if our  Winter Blues workshop were being taught on a quilt cruise, workshops happen on "sea days" and "port days" there is no class so you can go see what you want to see.


In this case all 12 retreaters departed by 10am so I had the day to myself to spend at my desk writing up the pattern for Cat In The Flowers.

This is being presented to my Vietnam travelers first as our own travel project, and will be made available in June (I think!) for everyone else who wants to make it.

The center is Essex Linen - and you can use either 6-strand embroidery floss or 12 wt thread to do the stitching in the color of your choice.

Instead of tracing the design onto the linen, I use Sulky Stick n' Stitch which is printable, peel the backing off and stick it where I want.  Simply stitch through the overlay and then rinse it away when done.  It's amazing stuff!


Lola - on the desktop as close as she can be.

Purrs of approval!


Keeping me company while I typed away.

Half of the group must have stayed out until the shops closed because at 5pm when it was time for me to come home, they were still out playing!

How do I know they were having a good time?  This was posted to our Quiltville's Open Studio group on Facebook:


LOL!!

I'm so happy for them that they had such a great day and I can't wait to see their purchases when class resumes this morning.  It's an "at sea" day!  We are moving on to the alternate blocks and setting triangles for  Winter Blues today.


At home with Mabel's camo-coat above the drive.

It's hard to see her!


The Hubster is away in Georgia for an archery tournament - so it's just me and the pets until late tonight. Just look at these girls!

"Turn out the light mama, it's time for snoozing!"


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Happy April!
Saturday morning with a heart full of gratitude.
Life may be stressful, overly full, and deadlines may loom - but I am so grateful.
Vintage Lemoyne star quilt found in North Carolina.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!


 

4 comments:

  1. HI Bonnie my husband does Archery too he goes to 3d target competitions in Ill, Indiana , Mi, and Missouri. this summer I will be going with him in new camper we got last fall. grandson age 14 will be going to a few of them too. he shoots a traditional style bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you design for our Ireland trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking it had been a long time since I'd seen your two girls together. Great pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lola is sure a devoted kitty to you. She doesn't seem to miss a stitch. How is your outside kitty's paw coming. Sure hope that she's healing nicely. She's a tough one to treat being feral.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)