>>>>

Monday, April 24, 2023

A Sew Joyful Weekend!


It's a "grab the camera quick!" kind of moment when all of the quilters are actually at their machines whenever I pop by from the QPO next door to see how things are going!

Usually there are some in the kitchen, some working on hand projects in the Hen Den, some enjoying the porch outside - but wonder of wonders - they were ALL at their machines on Saturday!

Could it be that we had a huge storm overnight? And the morning temps were just above freezing?  

(Side note - our plans to go see Casden's baseball game on Saturday was rained out once again.)

It could be - It's the season of "Turn on the heat!" in the morning - and "Turn on the A/C!" in the afternoon.

But at this moment all sewing tables were occupied and there was much quilty progress happening!


Hourglass Medallion in progress from the Free Patterns tab.  We did this as a Leader/Ender challenge several years back - did you make one?


 Tulip Time is happening on this design wall!


Arranging colors just right and stitching into rows -


This is a sign of boundless productivity!


And these are some of the results happening!


Oh, this is going to be cool!


And this!  It has all of that over/under going on!


Busy featherweights -


At it's peak!

I hope you aren't tired of seeing dogwood photos - I've been snapping shots every few days to capture the progress of opening blossoms.  I think we are at our peak now - fully open and bright white.


Any day now these petals will start falling and that will be it for the season.  

This is by far my favorite tree - though the blooming apple tress in the side yard have been lovely too - 

Can you believe we leave for Vietnam next Sunday?  Six more sleeps and I'll be on my way.

Am I ready? NO!  I still don't have a hand project decided upon.

Somewhere.  SOMEWHERE is a vintage jar full of my paper hexagons - if I wanted to do some EPP while gone. (That seems to be the easiest to transport)

But I'm also in the midst of designing our project for our New Zealand Adventure coming up in January. (Come with us!  It's going to be off the charts!)

If I get that stitchery planned out, the embroidery should take up part of my travel time.

I have a magazine article to write, and photos to do for our May PDF pattern release (That may be released later than normal because of this trip.)

Every time I feel like I am just about caught up, more things jump onto the to-do list and away I go again.


I finished the binding/hanging sleeve/label on Starshine last night while finishing up season 3 of Outer Banks of Netflix.  

I thought this binding would never end!  (And yes, my cutting table needs a re-org but that's for another day.)

It's a bright sunny Monday morning out there - but our temps are chilly. 

Desk day ahead by the looks of it - how about your weekend?  Any fun finishes?


Did you enter to win the Sugar Grove gift-away on the gift-away post? Our drawing happens THIS COMING FRIDAY!

I'll be drawing for 2 winners on Friday 4/28/23 (Because I leave for Vietnam on 4/30/23!!!) who will each receive a Sugar Grove PDF pattern from me, and a Roy G. Biv color roll from  Cotton to Quilts!

Captivating Triangles!

The ultimate in scrap stitching! This pattern includes full color photos and graphics and 3 different methods to ensure triangle success! Yes, you CAN make a dent in the scrap stash and have fun while doing it!

Quilt Size: 80’’ X 90’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are also given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

Introductory Pricing!  This pattern is already marked 25% off - no coupon needed!  Price reduction good through 4/30/23 and reverts to full price on 5/1/23. Hurry now and save!

You'll find it in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Your mind and your heart can play tricks on you if you don't have all the facts.
Before your emotions take the lead, take a time out and find the facts.

(This kind of talk to myself usually happens when I am feeling "not good enough" about myself. I know you've been there too!)
Have a super Monday, everyone!


 

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:23 AM EDT

    Do you know the name of the pattern in the photo with the teal, blue and yellow blocks? Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:21 PM EDT

      I think it’s called Alaska by Laundry Basket Quilts (Edita Sitar)

      Delete
  2. Bonnie, I love your dogwood tree and your photos of it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:02 AM EDT

    In the picture with the diamonds in the diamonds blocks, does anyone know how the block is assembled? Are they pieced? Are there Y seams? Or are they appliquéd? Just curious. FranSak

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:48 AM EDT

    Thank you for starting every day with creativity and good humor.
    Please tell us about the diamond in a diamond blocks and the interlocking squares blocks. Both beautiful patterns and colors.
    Bon voyage for your trip to Viet Nam. I'm sure you'll make us feel that we are there too.
    Ruth Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I entered for the Gift-Away. Lots of Extra Hsts to use up. It's a Rainy Monday here too. Hubby says pollens are flying. Our Dogwoods are pink on my street. Almost time for Blooming. Quilting Day formy Betsy and me. Did you neme you Longarm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see so much joy in creating. Love the cherry topped pin cushion/clips holder. Need to find that pattern. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your travels. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to see my PURPLE scraps up on one of the Inn's design walls!! About this comment... "Every time I feel like I am just about caught up, more things jump onto the to-do list and away I go again." Boy, do I ever resemble your remark, Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)