>>>>

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Quilt Alliance B.0.M. & More!


I am so enthused to be included in a special Block of the Month program hosted by the Quilt Alliance!

If you've listened to my podcast episodes with the Quilt Alliance folks, you'll know that they provide a valuable resource when it comes to documenting our quilt stories.

This is the 30th anniversary of the Quilt Alliance - they've been doing this for 30 years! It's a momentous occasion!

30th Anniversary Block of the Month:

This year is the 30th anniversary of the founding of the Quilt Alliance, and one of the ways we’re celebrating is our very first Block of the Month project. We have nine amazing blocks from nine incredible designers to share.

Each of their blocks is inspired by some aspect of their quilt story, and we’ll provide guidance and tips as you work through the blocks for documenting and reflecting on YOUR quilt story!

The first Block of the Month block will be released on April 15. Anyone who is a Quilt Alliance member at any level, or has made a donation of $30 or more in 2023 will receive all nine blocks.


Can you guess which block is mine?

I love how these blocks are playing off each other. 

I didn't know who the other designers were - or what blocks they were making.

This is going to be a fun make that won't take too much of your time and would look great as a wall hanging or table topper.

The landing page for the BOM is HERE.

Block of the Month blocks will be sent to anyone who is a Quilt Alliance member or donor of more than $30 in 2023. Not a member or a donor yet? Join us today or make a donation here.


Your membership will provide you with:

  • Reduced ticket prices and priority registration for Alliance events.
  • Members-only access to the StoryBee interview archive that includes 36 full-length recorded interviews and workplace tours, and other members only content.
  • The option to receive a member’s edition of the monthly eNewsletter
  • The option to be listed on the Alliance Supporters page. Guild/group member listings are linked to the group’s website.
  • Individual members are offered modest thank you gifts to help them spread the word about the Alliance (see below for descriptions)
  • Guild/group members can
    • Schedule one free on-site or virtual Alliance presentation per year (travel, accommodations and per diem for the speaker are not included and must be covered by group). The one-hour program will cover the importance of quilt documentation and includes demo interviews with group members.
    • Access to the Quilters Take a Moment recording archive for group screening
    • Submit two free banner ads per year for the Alliance newsletter.


I am completely honored to be included with the other 8 quilty folks also participating!

I hope you'll join us to support this wonderful worthy cause and celebrate 30 years of Quilt Alliance with us.

The first block drops Saturday!


The Quilt District Gals are in the house!

I just love this photo of Teddi Pruett nearly buried in the back seat amongst all of the quilty paraphernalia required for a week long retreat!


And she brought me shirts!

Oh my gosh!

You know - my life is quilt-wear all of the time. Every day.  And these are so wonderful and just in time for my Vietnam trip coming up in just a couple of weeks now!  AAAAAAAUUUUUGH!!  I can't wait!

And when I asked Tara if she "Minded" if I promoted her shirts on the blog - she said "THANKS!"

Because I know you are going to want one.  Or two. Or three.  Get yours HERE.

The fit is perfect.  I'm 5'9'' and take a Large.

The neck is comfortable - not too high up, and the fabric is soft and comfortable.

Be sure you click the little arrow thingy at the bottom of the page to see the 2nd page of items.

Yup!  Quilt wear ALL. THE. TIME. EVERY. DAY! #wearyourpassion

Today I'm running with scissors.


And Tula is here for it all!

I was worried that she would skedaddle with the chaos, but she stayed close and watched...evidently she knows her place as the Quiltville Inn greeter.


Except for when she is lying down on the job.


Or giving the stink-eye.


Or practicing her pose of complete disinterested aloofness -


Comfy enough to tuck her feet in.


Okay.  She reigns.

Long live the porch princess!

And I need to thank everyone for the supportive comments yesterday. I read each and every one.

The biggest golden nugget? I've got to keep doing what I'm doing, just as I'm doing it - no second guessing.  If it's not right for someone else - that's on them, not on me.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Today?  It's likely our nicest day as we go into the weekend so we are kicking of the Quilt District retreat with a hike up to the Appalachian Trail at Grayson Highlands (and hopeful of pony sightings) for those who wish to go.

Last year when they were here it snowed.  The weather was awful.  Today - beautiful!  I'll take it.

And then there is the Starshine (Yes! I'm going with Starshine) quilt to load into the machine, if I can break myself away from the fun going on at the inn.

Tomorrow?  Sugar Grove PDF pattern release day and gift-away!

What do you have on your plate today?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

It's not our differences that divide us, it's our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences in others.
We are as diverse as the blocks in this vintage Boy's Nonsense (yes, that's the name of the block) quilt found in North Carolina.

Thanks again, everyone!



 

25 comments:

  1. Which block is yours? It's got to be the bottom left one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be top left -- all those strings!

      Delete
    2. My guess, too, unless the upper center is a nod to her fondness for string piecing.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous7:02 PM EDT

      Bottom left my guess too. Love little Tula, the porch princess. 💕

      Delete
  2. I love the name Starshine...as soon as you posted the words to the song I thought it was appropriate for your beautiful quilt and that is what you named it. I love it. And I love the activity at Quiltville with new retreaters and the delightful Miss Tula! Have a great day Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts make me happy Bonnie. Never second guess what you're doing - true artists don't create for others; they listen to the music of their soul and create what they hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie, i didn't read yesterdays post until just now, really hard to believe that you are STILL getting such egotistic comments, after all you do for all of us, and all we have to do is want it.....thank you for keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thursdays are my volunteer at the hospital day :0) but always time for some hand stitching when I get home in the evening :0). My local quilt guild ,along with other area guilds, send every newborn home from the hospital where I volunteer with a handmade quilt...over 500 every year! Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tula is the perfect mascot for Q Inn. Such a pretty little girl. I am going to look for the Boy's Nonsense block. I have 3 Gr'sons and there needs to be at least one quilt made from this pattern. LOL Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. of course we love you just the way you are! and I am so thrilled to think perhaps one of my comments made you feel ok about being you doing you!!! OMG Bonnie! you have to KNOW deep down the marvelous contribution you make, not only to my life but all those you just 'brush up against', no matter how distant! You are a constant source of encouragement to me, and i don't even have a hike to visit ponies!!! but you do and you share so beautifully with all of us... you let your vulnerable sweet self show who she is and sometimes i think you regret it. Lookit how many of us subscribe, purchase and comment... anytime you want/need a "lecture of encouragement" please, please let me know... When life gives us scraps we all know what to do with them, thanks to you and the reminders we get. End of "rant" -- sometimes they come sugar coated... Cats in Carlsbad CA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't have said it better myself! :) I am always encouraged and inspired by a new finish.

      Delete
  8. Dear Bonnie,

    Little Tula is so sweet, and you are such a good mamma to all your fur babies. Porch Princess fits! Thanks so much for sharing! Love your posts and don't let anyone give you crap! Just delete, delete, delete . . . You are Super Fantastic, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED reading all the responses to your post yesterday and feel so blessed to be even a little part of this. I ordered the shirt about children, will wear it proudly, thank you for everything, love your new kitty, she is perfect, all those mixed pieces of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thursday is our Temple Day. There will be a baseball game later tonight. So happy to see that left corner block. It looks familiar, hummmm. Yea, for Starshine. Sunny in Walla Walla. Just saying that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:54 PM EDT

    Amen to your rant yesterday Bonnie! Loved it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:55 PM EDT

    Amen to your comments yesterday Bonnie! Love all your work and your blog. Have a great week. Judy - Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I was driving to Franklin, NC on Monday, I saw a sign for Grayson Highlands State park and said, "I know that place!".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Longarmed two quilts this morning/early afternoon. One for Lutheran World Relief, one for Quilts of Valor. I didn't piece either of them and did two in one day partly because a friend who wants to learn how to long arm was over helping. As I reflect back a few months to when I was a newbie, my, how things have changed! Not quite "see one, do one, teach one" but somewhat in the same spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the little "Porch Princess" poses!! And I am so glad that you are feeling better about what you post. We come everyday because we want to see what is going on in "Bonnieland!" I love seeing your hikes every time you post. And your furbabies... I always chuckle when I see what they are up too. I love the name for the new quilt as well! I'm sure a lot of us thought that when you wear singing out loud! Today was a busy one for the kiddos, as we are getting them ready for the Special Olympics. Tomorrow is a field trip to the culinary school in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Tula is a beautiful kitty. Thanks for all you've done for her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been hearing Starshine ever since I read this post. What a perfect name. When I saw the pictures it really spoke to me, so when it is released, I think it will be my birthday present to me, since August is my birth month. I never seem to have enough neutral scraps, so I have begun collecting more neutrals in anticipation of this release. Thank you Bonnie, for all you do. I hope you never get tired of hearing that. You are a lifeline to many of us out here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy that Tula has decided to stay around. She is a beautiful cat. You are a great lady to take care of her and for all that you do for others. Just keep on being you Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are a beautiful person who never fails to share & inspire. Thank you 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous11:21 PM EDT

    Done! I have signed up for the Quilt Alliance BOM. (This is what happens when one is stuck at home with the flu and ending up reading quilting news online 🤣) Looking forward to working on the blocks. One a month ... it should be do-able. Thank you for the introduction to another new quilting adventure, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LEE Foong Ming11:24 PM EDT

    Done! I have signed up for the Quilt Alliance BOM! Thank you for introducing us to another sewing adventure, Bonnie. (Re-posting because I didn't notice setting was at "Anonymous" previously.)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)