>>>>

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Old Man River Quiltfest, Day 4!


This was last evening when day was DONE.

Hot hot, Mississippi Hot – humid, and gorgeously green.  That’s the price you pay – and it’s good for your skin, don’t you know?

I was told that I couldn’t leave Vicksburg without a trip to see the iconic bridges – one for the railway, one for cars, crossing the mighty Mississippi to Louisiana.

And we did it.  We drove across the bridge to put my toes on the Louisiana side, took the first exit and came back to Mississippi.


On the marquee!

(This made me giggle!)


It was a fully packed day of 60!

And we had so much scrappy fun.


Beautiful box of squares!

Christmas ornament storage box with movable dividers.

It became quickly evident that MANY folks were much more organized than I am when it comes to traveling for a class!  Before I knew it I was oohing and ahhing and taking notice of how pieces and parts had been prepared for travel, and I wanted to share those with you today because I know they will make you smile and nod your head as well!


Clear tool/tackle box for all the goodies!


Art box with all the squares stacked like a card file!


Stacks of squares in a cute little yellow basket.


Prettiest of all!

Do you see those stacks tied with bows?  CUTE!

(We are ALL about the cute!)


Shallow stackable baskets, pieces counted and sorted and labeled.


Strings neatly folded.

(This NEVER happens in my world! LOL!)


Now this is more MY style – LOL!


These bins are for scrapbook paper -

Shallow and perfect for short stacks!


Dollar tree party plates -

Each holds a block set and so easy to transport!

Just place another clear plate on top to hold everything together, and slip into a big zip lock bag for traveling.  I love that she can use these time and time again and they are clear so easy to see through.


This box by Bernina holds EVERYTHING!


All of these things make our workshop day so much fun!


All of the colors, all of the scrappy inspiration!

Wonky Wishes pattern is available in the Quiltville Store!


Afternoon rounds of string pieced sashing!


Loving all the neutrals!


Tracy’s!  This is going to be so great!

For the rest of our day’s fun – click to play!


It really was a great way to end our 4 day workshop series in Vicksburg!


Thanks for coming everyone – I had a ball!


Last night’s dinner at Walnut Hills -

A historic 1880’s home -


Why this photo?

Check out the top of the doors!

This home was built the same time as Quiltville Inn.  All of the doors at Quiltville Inn have the same peaked door frames.  I found it so interesting!  Oh, and the catfish and grits was to die for – SO SO SO good!


Crazy cool magnolia tree roots and stairs that go to parking lots -

There is more to share, and even more to experience.  My flight isn’t until 6pm tonight so Connie and I are doing more sightseeing today before dropping my book boxes off at FedEx and then to the airport.  It’s time to fill up my inner history buff with all kinds of exciting things.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Vintage nine patch quilt top found in Virginia.

Don't give up on your mojo!

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!



14 comments:

  1. Love at first sight with that 9 patch of small polka dots and small plaid....something about it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us The wonderful quilters and quilts. Today's organizational tips will come in handy. I use the scrap paper boxes, but will be on the lookout for some of the other boxes and will be picking up some plates on my next trip to Dollar tree. Enjoy your day of history sightseeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for a fabulous and fun week!!! Safe travels to you and come back to see us in Mississippi!!!
    ...Anna Goff... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss Lime girl! Stay busy and post your lime snake top when done :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures. And it's good to know there are folks who are more OCD than me when it comes to storing their square scrappy pieces. They inspire me to go thru my stacks and sort by color. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my first workshop ever and I had a great 4 day fun-filled time! Thanks, Bonnie, you made it so fun! Can't wait to do it again. Shout out to all the great ladies I met - loved your accents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun week you had. Beautiful quilts you taught.all made from your ideas. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very interested in the Bernina box, any idea what it is called?

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always truly beautiful blocks and fabulous organisation ladies, I could use a few of those ideas in my quilting room.
    Love the pictures of those awesome bridges, so love that you show us such interesting and beautiful things that you see on your adventures.
    Have a wonderful day sightseeing
    Love and quilty hugs
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a fun boiling hot day, Bonnie haha. It is hot here in Northern Virginia too. Yippee August. I love all of the photos from your last day and those magnolia tree roots are so cool. Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that Marquee too and smiled
    I agree with pam. Wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lay my blocks out on paper towels and stack them, then slide them into a large ziploc...space efficient and the air whooshes out when packed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great ideas for organizing! I don't know where you get the energy Bonnie to do all that you do! I hope to come to a workshop with you some day soon. Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the workshops and the folks that were sewing away like crazy! Bonnie Hunter's enthusiasm and positive energy makes me feel like all my quilts are a-okay. Thank you for introducing me to scrappy everything. My family loves their quilts that you help me create.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)