>>>>

Monday, July 10, 2017

Box Kite Group 1!

Resized_20170709_145509
Mothers, Daughters, Sisters but best of all, FRIENDS!

I always love to see the groups of folks that will travel in to an event, and yesterday was no exception.

We had FIVE Mother/Daughter pairs, from as far away as Texas!

I do believe this was a record, and it set such a wonderful tone for our day together.

20170709_113017

All set for a fun day of MANY TRIANGLES!  Oh, Boy!

20170709_141253

Such a simple block with so many possibilities!

20170709_151537

And oh, the colors!

The pattern for Box Kite is found in my book Addicted to Scraps.  We used the Essential Triangle Tool for quick sets of already matched triangle pairs from strips –and everyone accomplished so much!

20170709_141157

Oh!!!  Be still my blue-machine-lovin’ heart!

20170709_125502

Show and share in the pavilion was also a wonderful event.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful, even the little bit of rain we had on Saturday didn’t bother us a bit.

You’ll find the photos from our workshop day, including our lunch time show & share in the slide show below:


It was a very full double-duty day ending in my presentation last night to a very full house.

19875287_10155533764333909_7028458765712996883_n

What a fun event!

Get a load of this cake! I love that they saved me this piece so that no one else would eat my face! LOL!  I’m still giggling, even the morning after.

Today up on deck we’ve got Wonky Wishes!  It’s going to be a great day for playing with Maverick Stars and adding some easy and fun string sashings.


There is still time to join in on next weekend’s repeat round of events! There are a few openings left in all 3 workshops and I’d love to have you join us.

If you are near by and missed last night, you can also catch my next lecture in Bedford on July 15th at 6pm in the American Legion Hall. 

Even if you aren’t coming to take a workshop (though I hope you are!) come see the lecture and trunk show and fall in love with your scraps all over again!

Come join us by contacting the shop by phone at (814)310-2278 to register. It's going to be a ton of scrappy fun.

I’ll see you in Bedford!

7_10_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!
Allietare quilt shared during yesterday's Workshop in Bedford, Pennsylvania

Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself.

Never doubt who you are and how far you can go.

Happy Monday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! I love this block! Putting it on my 'to-do-list'! I love seeing pictures of all your classes, so many happy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice that the daughters have taken up quilting, after they're Mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic blog because i have learned too much from here. Seriously this type of guide is definitely super it definitely helped me in addition to my youngsters, recognize it! Now, i decided to share this blog to my facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always amazes me that when everyone puts her blocks with the others instead of turning to mush from all the different colors the patterns seem to shine through even brighter!! You've done this several times and it has been true every time! I know that part of it is the contrast between the darks and lights but I think most of it is the friendship and goodwill that fills the class room.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)