>>>>

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Scrap Crystals and Generations!

20170728_194859
I am the “odd one out” here, but I was so excited to have these three generations of women in my Scrap Crystals workshop yesterday in Riverton, Utah.

It’s not often that we have Mother, Daughter and Granddaughter all sitting side by side happily stitching away in class.

Karalynn on the right is the one who has passed the love of quilting on down to her daughter and granddaughter – not only that, there are several generations of quilters who handed their love of the craft down to Karalynn as she was growing up.  “We always quilted from the time we were little.” She said.

I loved talking to her and listening to her stories of how even the boys got into the act of piecing crazy patch blocks out of heavier pant weight material because “The seams didn’t matter and everything was trimmed to size after piecing. Utah winters are cold and they kept us warm!”

Thank you for coming ladies!  It was so great meeting you three!

20170728_200133


There is a whole lot of piecing going on here!

We had so much fun building our variety by cutting from short strip sets, stitching them into the “Baby Bear” broken dishes units, spinning seams so units will nest as we rotate and stitch them together into “Mama Bear” stars:

20170728_195741

And finally rotating these individual stars into the “Papa Bear” blocks:

20170728_142053

Awesome in Christmas fabrics!

20170728_195455

Vintage Textile Soak Door Prizes!

When I walked into the class yesterday morning there was a priority envelope addressed to me in care of Nuttall’s Sewing Center full of beautiful bags of Vintage Textile Soak from The Star Spangled Sampler & Company to be used as door prizes for my students.  THANK YOU SO MUCH Star Spangled Sampler & Co!  

This was very unexpected and my ladies were so thrilled!  Our first 3 bags went to the 3 white featherweight owners in class – 3 white ones is the most white ones I’ve seen all in one place! 

The 4th bag went to a gal with a birthday, another with an anniversary, and another was  pulled by random number generator.

We’ve got 6 more bags of Vintage Textile Soak to gift away today as well!

20170728_195226

Laying our blocks together!  FABULOUS!!

20170728_195129

Such a great day of sewing up the scraps together!

You’ll find the rest of our day’s fun in the slide show below:



Have you started a Scrap Crystal's Quilt yet?  The pattern is found in my book MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders.  Signed copies are available in the Quiltville Store!.

And that wasn’t the end of our day!  Jen and I loaded up into her KIA and headed over to Quilts, Etc.!


I so enjoyed meeting everyone! I hadn't been here in more than 18 years. FABULOUS shop, and wonderful folks. Thank you for the warm welcome full of hugs!

Things are ramping up for my last night in Utah.  Tumelo Trail from Scraps & Shirttails II is up on deck today back at Nuttall’s.  Always a favorite, and I know we are going to have a good time.

Plans for this evening – my sister Mary is coming down to pick me up to drag me back to Tooele for one more night of family fun.  My niece Mykenzie turned 12 yesterday, so our family reunion fell at the perfect time and we were able to be included in some pre-birthday celebration.  I’m looking forward to some “quieter” time with just my Sister, her hubby and her 4 kids, and a soft bed for tonight. 

They are on their way up to Idaho tomorrow and will just slow down long enough to dump me and my gear off at the curb at the airport on their way – and I’ll be on my way home.

What a whirlwind this has been!  Every day, so priceless.  I wouldn’t have changed a thing.

Oh, tonight – we are drawing for the July Quilty Box before July runs out!  Make sure you entered to win ON THAT POST.

7_29_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day-

This I believe! Abundantly.

Postage stamp quilt shared by one of our fabulous students in yesterday's Scrap Crystals Workshop!

Have a great Saturday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

8 comments:

  1. Utah was lucky to have you. Glad your Family time could happen while you were there. Great moments with Auntie Bonnie will not soon be forgotten. The 3 Generations make me smile. My Grandma and Mother quilted so differently than I do now
    I think of how they would have loved using all the fun tools and rotary cutters. #gonetoosoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ones with the pink and yellow middles! It's always inspiring to see them all together. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter the color choice, those Scrap Crystals are all GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you pronounce Tooele?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tooele is pronounced TOO-WILL-AH

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was that terrific music with the slideshow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made the blog! I really enjoyed meeting you and taking your class. I for I get a chance to do it again.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)