>>>>

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Why did I bother??

I've spent all weekend updating my website....I wanted a menu on the left hand side of the page because every time I ADD a page, I would have to go to each and every page in my website and link the new page to all the previous, and all the previous to the new page. With alot of pages on a site, this can take a long time and be quite daunting.

So....I slave and slave and get things finally the way I want it. Now I only need to update the menu when I upload a new page and all will show on all the pages without updating them individually. Sounds like a good idea right?

Not to mention that I put my patterns on the internet for people to use for free....we won't even get to that part and what people take for granted where that is concerned....

I posted to my email lists that I had upgraded my website, that their bookmarks would need to be changed, etc.

I just come up to check my email before going to bed and I get THIS email:

"Since you have made the update to your site the entire pattern page will not fit on a piece of paper unless it is printed in landscape mode (otherwise not all of the directions print). Probably 1/3 of the page is now the menu selection on the lefthand side. So what use to be 6 pages is now 11 pages if one wants to print out your directions.
Is there a way to print off your patterns without getting all of the other buttons, etc on the left hand side?
I don't want to sound like a whiner - just would love to access your patterns without wasting paper and ink."

Okay...she may not WANT to sound like a whiner but COME ON....did I mention the patterns are FREE? Is it worth a few extra pages of paper for a FREE pattern? Does she really think my pattern is a complete waste of paper and ink, or did she not mean it to come across that way?

Good Grief. I think I am completely losing my faith in the selfishness of people.

*sigh*
Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. I've not yet made one of your patterns Bonnie, because I'm still building up the courage, but I've spent many an hour looking at your pix and reading your free patterns. Today is probably going to be the day I dive into one. I want to tell you that I, as one of many, am in awe of you and appreciate all the visible and invisible work you do for us. When you are discouraged, please recall that there are 100's like me who are inspired and appreciative and so very grateful for all you do for us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the time and work you spend in creating and sharing your free patterns with us! I'm still building up the courage to tackle one (I think today is the day!) but I've spent many an hour ogling them. I know there are hundreds like me out there - thank you so much for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)