>>>>

Monday, February 11, 2019

The Last Good Fortune Mystery Monday Link-Up!


Imagine my joy and happiness in SEEING these beauties!

You have all been SO busy over the past month since our last Mystery Monday Link-Up for our Good Fortune quilt – and I am so happy to see the progress and the finishes being shown using our hashtags #quiltvillemystery and #goodfortunequilt!

Even though our reveal happened in Early January (Were you surprised that it went to the 4th instead of the 1st?! We needed just that one more clue to make it not so overwhelming.  Sometimes you just can’t cram it all into the “normal span of time”  We have to give it just a bit more.  And I’m so glad we did.

I’ve heard from many that they felt this year was easier, more enjoyable, and I’m so glad.  That was my plan, not only for you, but for me too.  I needed it.

Now that 2018 is in the rear view mirror, and we are a few weeks further into 2019, I’m wishing for the “A bit easier and more enjoyable” to continue.

Starting right here, right now!


Beautiful purples, Lisa!

All of these quilts were screenshotted (Yes, that is a word!) from Instagram using the #goodfortunequilt hashtag.  There are SO MANY!  I encourage you all to check them out, as well as follow the shares that are added in our link-up below.  Visit these folks!  And then check their feeds for other projects – so inspiring! 

I have also added a hyperlink to each photo so you just need to click the photo for a visit!


Lovely applique borders, Jen!
(Click photo to view profile)


Just about ready for borders, Karen!

(Click photo for profile!)


It’s stunning, Ute!
(Click for profile!)


It’s Gorgeous, Emilie!

(Click photo for her profile, you have to see her backing fabric – it’s perfect!)

I am just blown away by all of the beautiful Good Fortune quilts, and I know that many more are in the making.  The hashtags stay active forever, so don’t forget to use them – and check them often to see what other folks are doing with their own projects.

And while you are here, before we get to the linking and sharing – I want to remind everyone of the terrific Quiltmaker Bundle Gift-Away happening ON THAT POST! The drawing happens tomorrow morning, so don’t miss out on it. 

It’s been a wild ride of link-up and give-away frustration as platforms change and I start looking for new ways to do things that don’t cost me up to $100 a month for services I don’t want, need or like. 

I’ve been using InLinkz for years, but things have changed due to privacy issues that make it harder to offer give-aways and link-ups with more hoops for the participants to jump through. (Yes to protect their own privacy, but I’m not sure how many people will be willing to do it in the future!)

I was able to revert the platform to the “old” format for just a while longer, but come next year I don’t know how things will work. We’ve had a good run at it – We will have to see what the future holds.  You all know the drill.  I am not going to paste all of the rules here.  If you need them, you’ll find them on our last link up HERE. 

Include this link in your post: https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-last-good-fortune-mystery-monday.html

Or Short Link: 
https://bit.ly/2tgOi9a



Thank you for sharing, everyone!




Quiltville Quote of the Day.

Some things have no answer, no reason and you can make yourself crazy with the need to work it all out to make it make sense.

If things are playing in your mind and unresolved like a broken record, learn to set them aside and focus on something else for a while.


Leave it alone and give it time.

Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!



12 comments:

  1. I had hoped to be totally finished but then daughter got sick a month ago and has been in and out of the hospital several times and back in at present - what I show is the quilt folded in quarters and I am working on more borders making it queen size at present - hope to be done at end of month

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live on the Information Highway, but we can turn it off, if we choose to do it.
    I'm happy for a stay at Home day. More stitching in my head, up earlier to catch the Link-up! Snowdays in the PNW. I love taking a Picture of my Good Fortune in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post this morning. There are so many to look at, so I will be doing just that on my breaks today from my sewing/quilting projects. It is a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still on clue 5 but I had to do a baby quilt in between

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all you do , I love following you , and can’t wait to see your inn opened!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Bonnie for this lovely mystery.Jitka

    ReplyDelete
  7. My adult self convinced me that I did not need to start another quilt with so many unfinished ones waiting for me. So I collected the clues and enjoyd everyone’s quilts. I hope to finish putting together a Christmas BOM from 2 years ago, and maybe even the inner border. I love Good Fortune and it is near the top of quilts to start when I have a few more UFOs done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All my parts are done and I'm on to sewing them all together. I am so in love with this quilt. Bonnie, I can't thank you enough for letting me be a part of the Mystery and all the amazing tips and tricks you so freely share. You are a try blessing to the quilting community. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts... so inspiring!
    Love the quilty message today... thanks so much Bonnie... I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful quilts thank you Bonnie for a beautiful pattern loved making this so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fun quilt ,its going slower then last year .. That's ok

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love looking at these finished projects. One of these days I'll join in when I've caught up with everything on my "To Do" list and finishing all my UFOs. I'm just blown away by all the different colour combinations. Some look like jewels, while others look like flowers. What really blows me away, is that these colours are chosen without any idea of what the quilt will look like. Amazing, all you good people.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)