>>>>

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Texas Tumbleweeds, Missouri Style!

20180612_210630
I met with the quilters of Lee’s Summit, Missouri yesterday for a whirlwind day of scrappy quilt goodness!

And Ii got the tee shirt to prove it!

My thanks to this fun group of ladies for making me one of their tribe for the day – it was SEW MUCH FUN!

You know, ANY DAY that starts with laughter is a good day, and this one was off and running from the moment I stepped foot in the building.

Energy levels were high, machines were revved up and ready to roar and roar we did!

20180612_124542


Busy making ladder blocks!

20180612_133209

from this side of the room --

20180612_133717

To the opposite wall!

20180612_141450

Scrappy IS a state of mind!

20180612_210033

And before we knew it, star blocks were spinning!

Pressing a specific way made everything fall together nicely!  And oh, the colors!

Can’t you just feel her happy joy?

20180612_210012

Oh yes, these are looking grand!

20180612_145228

Let’s do a group layout!  The best part!

Click to play:



Thanks for a wonderful visit, Lee's Summit quilters!

After all was packed up and put away, Sharon and I made our way back to her place where we eased into our evening of relaxation with an easy dog walk followed by a delicious dinner prepared by her hubby Kevin.  A home cooked meal!  WONDERFUL!

We spent our evening puttering around in Sharon’s wonderfully cool and brightly lit basement sewing space and before I knew it, it was time for bed.

This morning I’m off to an early airport run – headed home!  It’s been a wonderful short trip to the Show Me State, and they showed me so much friendship and much much more in just a few days time.

I’ll look forward to seeing them again in the future!


June 13, 2018 at 07_21AM

Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Vintage quilt in my friend Sharon's guest room where I have been staying!

Time to do a check on your determination levels!

How bad do you want it?

I’m off to the airport – have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!



4 comments:

  1. What, no comments!? It's only 12:15 pm here, but that makes it 4:15 on the east coast.....

    I love Texas Tumbleweeds. Of course, it's one of my UFO's. Sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK,I'm going to date myself here, but I feel like "But the thrill we've never known, Is the thrill that"ll gitcha when you get your picture on the cover of the cover of the Rollin' Stone." But my thrill is "the first picture on Bonnie's Blog"! I'm such a fan girl and I can't thank you enough for teaching us tricks and tips on quilting. We all had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly it looks like my passion, quilting is not the best activity to keep one fit and healthy. Need to get up and away from my machine more often and into the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie is this quilt pattern available for download? or purchase?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)