>>>>

Sunday, May 20, 2018

A Day for Box Kite Beauty!

20180519_152252
Here I am capturing all of the smiles and memories of my quick but jam packed visit with the Amoskeag Quilters in Manchester, New Hampshire!

Such a positive group of quilters – willing to throw themselves into new skill sets with open minds, embracing the scrappy chaos and all that comes with it!

Our numbers were full up at 57, and yet it didn’t feel crowded at all as the room space at the church we were using for our workshop was roomy, airy and full of light from windows on both sides of the room.

There was room to spread out, plenty of cutting table space, and thanks to Kathy’s hubby who offered to rewire the room at the church so we wouldn’t blow circuits (What a way to say thank you for the use of the space – an electrical upgrade!) there were no power blips at all.

I wonder if he would like to come down to Virginia and rewire the Quilting Quarters at Quiltville Inn??!

It was just a bang up fun of a day….from beginning to end.

IMG_0170

Shouting out to drop-on-in folks!

And then there are those who are not part of our workshop at all, but special folks who found out through their quilting sister that I was in the area, and she wished she could have been here but the workshops were full.  This hubby and wife team came out of their way to pick up a couple of autographed books as a surprise for the sister who means so much to them. 

NICE!!  I just love how quilting brings us all together.  I hope she enjoys her books!

20180520_070255

And our silliness continued!

20180520_070509

What is life without a bit of chain dancing?!

y2k

And prizes were given for using up Millennium Y2k fabric!

What’s not to love about a year 2000 fabric with peanut M&Ms dancing?  Go on and use this stuff!  Make some memories with it, cut it small- whatever it is, it is better IN the quilt for a giggle than still sitting on the shelf unloved and unused.

I love that this group of friends will have blocks with shared fabric in their quilts to remember the fun time we had together in Manchester, NH.

20180519_101619

Oh be still my aqua loving heart!

1950s WHITE – straight stitch, made in Japan.

Hold on to your hats folks – this beauty was found at a yard sale for $15.00 and runs smooth as silk.  We all had to walk by, touch it, rub it for good luck, ,wish and dream we could find one ourselves.  BEAUTIFUL!

20180519_154028

Also a bit of Royal Fun!

In celebration of Prince Harry & Meaghan’s wedding yesterday, this group came sporting their own “fascinator” hats!

Many of the local quilters had even set their alarms to get up early and watch the Royal wedding before coming to class, so we were all agog with romance and happily ever after and wishing the couple many happy decades ahead.

As for me, I missed it – I’ll have to catch it on YouTube when I get home.

20180519_152136

A bit of end of class block play!

Border units laying out as well!

We nearly pieced the whole quilt in 6 hours – great job, everyone!

We used the Essential Triangle Tool for both the half-square triangles in the blocks, and the quarter-square triangles in the border – the whole quilt comes from 2 1/2’’ strips – how fun is that?  You’ll find the pattern for Box Kite in my Addicted to Scraps book – and you get a free PDF download pattern for the Wanderlust Table Runner at purchase from my website not available anywhere else.

The same will be happening with my upcoming String Frenzy release in December!  Hold on to your pre-ordering hats – you’ll get TWO free PDF digital pattern downloads at pre-order time.  I still have to WRITE those patterns so they are ready for you at ordering time, and I’m thinking we will kick off the pre-order at the same time as the release of Clue #1 for this year’s mystery – Black Friday! 

It’s an easy day to remember, and heck – my life is crazy enough so why not start the pre-orders at the same time as we start the mystery?

And without further ado – here’s the rest of our day’s adventures!  Click to play:




Didn’t they do a great job?

Click to play:


I think block lay down time is my favorite part!

20180519_152257

Thanks for the awesome day, Amoskeag Quilters!

diamondtile1

My evening round of sewing.

I only made it to 9:30.  Barely.  I just couldn’t keep my eyes open – I think more from the itchy sticky allergy eye experience I am reliving with spring in current full bloom all around me in New Hampshire, than how tired I felt.

I’ve completed 8 Diamond Tile blocks this trip – which is 8 more than I had before I arrived, so things are good!

I’m headed home on a late morning flight, arriving in Greensboro via La Guardia a bit after 5pm.  I love a late morning departure…it gave me a morning to sleep in a bit, and perhaps even sew a couple more blocks before airport pick up time. 

Why not?  I’ve got a couple of hours!

Did you enter to win this month’s Quilty Box Gift-Away??  Drawing to happen Tuesday evening!  Enter to win ON THAT POST.

IMG_20180520_063356_934

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Focus on the growth, and turn those stumbling blocks into stepping stones!

Have a beautiful Sunday, everyone!



13 comments:

  1. Oh no, Bonnie! Now you're making it even harder to wait for Black Friday - start of the mystery AND pre-orders for your book!!
    I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie, Can you tell me about the clear seam guide on the aqua machine? Does that work on any machine? Thank you! Looks like a fun time was had by all! Joyc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if this link will work Joyce, but I found that little gem on amazon! I searched acrylic seam guide and it came up! https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0767PR577/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2C4GFKNV4HXA4

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all had a blast, both days. Bonnie, you really rocked it! Bopping from table to table, keeping us on track and bubbling over with enthusiasm. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure looks like a fun time! I too have been working on my diamond tiles. Have 35 so far. Will continue until I run out of that fabric. Then I will know how big the quilt will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie! That was my sister and brother-in-law who crashed your workshop yesterday. I had no idea what they were up to or I would have come along too! I was so surprised when my sister showed me the photo of them with you on her phone! Hopefully, one of these days, I will be able to attend one of your workshops. Thanks for signing the books for me. They will definitely be used a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun . . . the "Quilters Twister" of the blocks made during the six hour workshop was so cool! Just shows how many hands make light work. Love the added incentive of pre-ordering String Frenzy being on Black Friday for the first mystery clue release! Just sew exciting!!! You are the master of building excitement and anticipation. Hugs, Allison in Plano

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already told my daughter I want your new book for my birthday but I may need to have them get it for Christmas. Yeah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be waiting by the computer on Black Friday. Hope we don't crash the Internet! Fun ladies chain piecing away! What a guy to do the re-wire job in time. His wife has a Keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a great looking almost quilt from the workshop blocks. That truely shows what scraps can do. Love, love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie it was so much fun being with you for the class. Your energy is remarkable. I love all your books and now have all of them. Looking forward to the next one. Enjoy a few days of home time and hope to see you again some time. Will enjoy your blog until then. Thank you for all you do for quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. waiting not so patiently to pre-order... have been since the teaser you showed of the Emerald Isle block (I hope that's where it is!!) Love all you do and keeping us 'at' your workshops, now with the QI coming, my chances of a local workshop are evaporating! Dang... again, thanks for sharing your mission with the universe and with us, Cats in Carlsbad CA

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)