>>>>

Sunday, August 28, 2016

In a Time Crunch–Rome Teaser!


 Yes, I did stitch hexies on the way to Rome!  It was a lovely drive with beautiful country side – the sea to my right, and farm land and vineyards to my left….So great to be back in Italy again as I have very fond memories of the land that inspired Allietare!

This is going to be a very short post…our days are running together.  The last 4 days of this cruise have  long excursions that start at 7am, get us back to the ship at 5:30pm, dinner starts at 6:30pm and lasts two hours – yes, we dress for dinner in the dining room and I love relaxing and chatting with everyone in my group on what they did this day.

By the time dinner is done it is 8:30 and I can barely keep my eyes open.  I am asleep by 9pm.

The alarm goes off at 6am to start all over….today we are headed on a boat ride to the Cinque Terre, a spot I want to visit again since the last time was just not enough.

I have one hour between wake up and meeting in our assigned area before starting our journey.

Where is blog posting fitting in?  In 15 minutes before heading to breakfast where I will let it upload while I eat something quickly, come down and hit post – slow internet!

So today – only a few teaser photos from Rome!

The arch, and the Coliseum!

This was so amazing!

i uploaded a little instagram video:



And there will be more to come when I get home!



Trevi Fountain!


Vatican City!

We toured part of the Vatican Museum, saw the Sistine Chapel (No photos allowed, ever!) Visited St Peter’s Basilica and the grotto underneath.  We saw tombs of ancient popes and saints!  Okay, I thought this was cool….The Hubster?  Eh.  We came out of the church facing St Peter’s Square….and it was so amazing to stand in this historical place.

It was a long long day filled with oh so much and I will upload more when we get home.


And did I say it was HOT HOT HOT?

About 97 degrees f.

And the museum doesn’t have a/c.  OY!


Quiltville Quote of the Day!
Vintage Ocean Waves Quilt!
(Don’t remember where I took this photo! LOL!)

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. I liked Rome a lot, especially the colliseum. I found the Vaticab Museum to be too crowded and onstead of one or two irtems that would be interestin, there were way roo many examples of eah form, and there was no way to getout of line and move ahead. We had a local guide(8 people only) so we saw some sites that were not possible with a large group. I'm glad you get to go to Cinaue Terre again. I loved our trip there and would go again. Have fun on. Your last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have time, go to The Mouth of Truth......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, We love you and hate that you are gulping down your breakfast so that you can blog for us.
    Please blog a little less and savor time. (I'm laughing because we all know that you don't slow down for anything ... you are always in warp speed)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Texas friend who has a store called Katrina in Cinaue Terre .... if you see a tall blond tell her HI ! She married an Italian and enjoys the life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie - It is so nice to read about your adventure but hopefully you can find time for yourself. Trips can be hectic and very very busy so do enjoy the rest of your trip and Blog later if time allows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures did not load on this blog. There is just a minus sign where the picture should be. Is it just me, or did this happen to anyone else? Bonnie, your trip sounds wonderful. Slow down and enjoy. Love the blog, but we can wait for your cruise to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, same thing for me. The pictures will just wait. Anticipation is good. Bonnie, don't worry about us or the blog for a bit and immerse yourself in the experiences of your last couple days in Italy. We love you -- don't let us love you to death! Breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you want to share for us & we really appreciate it but it makes me sad you are doing too much! We would much rather wait to see the pictures & stuff until you get time. Please don't gulp your food- I know your mama taught you not to! Slow down some, relax on this wonderful trip you've been blessed with. Enjoy & don't work through the time that you should be enjoying! We're not going anywhere, we'll see the posts when YOU find time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you want to share for us & we really appreciate it but it makes me sad you are doing too much! We would much rather wait to see the pictures & stuff until you get time. Please don't gulp your food- I know your mama taught you not to! Slow down some, relax on this wonderful trip you've been blessed with. Enjoy & don't work through the time that you should be enjoying! We're not going anywhere, we'll see the posts when YOU find time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cinque Terre Is awesome my sister loves it they Live in Les Provence in France.
    Hope you have a save trip back Bonnie. Thank you very much for all your travel posts.
    Yoka Bazilewich

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you want pictures from the inside of the Sistine Chapel (and those lovely tiled floors) I was able to take a private tour that allowed pictures! I plan to make a quilt someday inspired by those floors!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)