>>>>

Monday, August 29, 2016

A Day in the Cinque Terre!


This is Manarola!

I was just here – May of 2015!  The trip that inspired all of Allietare!

Yesterday was a bus, boat, train, bus day as we drove through Tuscany, boarded a boat and approached the Cinque Terre by sea.

We stopped in some towns I didn’t get a chance to see on the last trip, and got to spend more time in Monterossa than we did the LAST time.

In May, the town can be crowded…but in AUGUST….it is packed with tourists!

Many of these places do not have beaches, and what beaches you will find are quite rocky.  Instead, tourists and locals alike will pick a big flat rock slab, lay out a towel, and sun themselves on the rocks “much like lizards…..” in the words of our guide, Andrea!


We stopped here!  Roimaggiore!

This was one of the towns we did not hit on my last trip to Italy, so it was fun to poke around a bit!  If anyone wants a yacht, I can tell you where to find some amazing ones!

This post is also just a teaser as this morning we are in Toulon, France and we head out to tour Provence in just a few minutes!  There are too many great photos from yesterday to fit in the short amount of time I have with very slow internet to do this day justice, so the rest will be coming when we return home tomorrow.


I love ancient old churches in Italy!

And if they have stripes, all the better!

This is in Riomaggiore.



The beautiful coast line looking north.



The view from above Monterossa!

The Cinque Terre are all connected by walking trails, and we hiked up a bit to get this view.  That's enough hiking for me for one day!



A veritable sea of green and orange umbrellas!

It was a fabulous day, and there will be many days of more photos to come!


Last night the quilters were busy at cut-throat Bingo!

This was exciting, as SOMEONE is going to win a free trip to either China, India or Bali with Craftours in 2017!



Congrats to Deb Mandrell!

I am so tickled for you!!

And yes, she got the Aurifil box as well.  Whoowhoooo!

And as I finish typing this we are just pulling into France!  Bon Jour!!

Time to grab a bite of breakfast, and head out on today’s excursion.  Boy, I’m going to need a vacation to recover from this trip!


Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Guard your thoughts!  Take control of your mindset.  Let go of those things that keep you from being who you want to be. 

Vintage dogwood applique quilt shared by Sherry.

Have a great Monday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

14 comments:

  1. Sadly, still no photos are able to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same problem for me too. Thought it was just my system. Anyway, it looks like (from your comments) that a good time is being had by all. Hope Dave has enjoyed it too.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a problem with my computer too. I have a circle with a minus sign in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where have all the pictures gone, windows 10 and all.... this will be a song that will stay for some time singing along in my head. fantasy: all naked buildings, dressed up quilts and somewhere here and there a smiley. nice to be there! hope you will enjoy every minute of it!
    love from witmarsum, irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where have all the pictures gone.....as in a song of old..we are beyond young girls.. haha. I know you will fix it when you have time. In the mean time I will dream of people lizards on rocks, sea of green and orange, a coast picture of sea... and your other painted snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, you always paint is quite a picture with your words anyway. Thanks so much for the travelogue. I always enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was just me or my computer. Then I tried the iphone and still no pictures. Then I read the comments and no one is able to see the photos... So sad. I hope everyone still had fun... Maybe next time I will be able to see them...

    Donna T, LEH, NJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget the blog and have fun. My wish for you is complete relaxation and enjoyment for you and your husband. Cinque Terre is heaven on earth and I had the great fortune to visit it on a glorious April day. Found it by accident, too. Nary a tourist in sight. That is a fun story too long to relate here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that the tech will be fixed when you have time! Just enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you go to Facebook, you can see some of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Day 2 and no photos. Glad you are enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry that I can't see your photos. Sounds like you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad to read none ofyou have photos, was afraid it was my computer, thanks. cats

    ReplyDelete
  14. No pictures here Bonnie and yesterday we had the same problem am glad you are enjoying your trip.
    Thanks for trying to post them something must have gone wrong but we are all sure you will post them when you get home.
    Have a save trip back Sadie will be so happy to see you!!!!!
    Yoka Bazilewich

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)