>>>>

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Woolie Quilters in the House!


Sometimes the Quilting Quarters are full with sounds of 12 machines humming at breakneck speeds to get everything done as quickly as possible.

I feel like we sometimes approach our quilting life the same way we approach our daily to-do list with deadlines - sew as fast as possible, get it done as quickly as possible and move onto the next thing without skipping a beat.

That used to thrill me - because all of the sewing I wanted to do was limited to times when I didn't have children and meal cooking and shopping and house cleaning and all of that around me and to have the opportunity to finally sew was a "Fit in as much as possible as fast as I can."

I remember retreats where I basically chained myself to my machine and only took time for meals and sleeping - count me out of the nature walks and the rocking chair time.  I was here to sew!

My how the years can round and smooth off our edges and give us a bit more balance!

Along with the machine piecing during retreat with the Naughty Room Quilters, we've got some peaceful wool applique appearing on design walls - 

Not a lot of machine noise coming from this corner - instead they have time to chat as they slowly hand stitch through the rich fabrics creating texture and beauty with a slower pace.


Jenny's corner with hand embellishment, including hand quilting!


She's the owner of the red featherweight - such a beauty!

And yes, there is some machine piecing going on too here -


Across from her more wooliness happening - don't you just want to reach out and touch it?

Wool applique is something I have never broken in to - I'd need a whole new different stash! LOL!

This is just beautiful, and I can't wait to see what else is accomplished during the remaining days of retreat.


The pumpkin hanging on the right is fused and ready to stitch.


Close up of the crows on the left!

It's really beginning to ebb toward fall here!

Wonky Wishes & Cheddar Bow Ties from MORE Adventures With Leaders & Enders happening here!

On the cutting table - this looks like fun!


And more Wonky Wishes going on over at the other side of the room!


Bacon Jam?

Don't knock it until you've tried it!

It's not a homemade egg McMuffin until it includes a made from scratch English muffin topped with fried ham, fried egg over medium, melted cheddar, and Mrs. Miller's Bacon Jam! Yum!

Fun times on the back porch with the Naughty Room Quilters for breakfast!

I am longing to have late summer last - taking every advantage of porch time as we can.


My own sewing time -

Can you see what's going on here?

My bobbin thread only lasted through the first two units. (Seen at back of machine)  The rest?  

More Adventures in AIR SEWING.

Another Out of Bobbin Experience.  GAH!


And from her pile of shirts, Lola laughs.


I know this is blurry -

But I had to BEG for this photo of Jeff and Casden together after their buzzed head day after last week's unfortunate dealings with lice from daycare.

Hair will grow back.  And I love these guys and all that Jeff did to make this a positive experience with Casden.

Plans for the weekend?  Enjoy the retreaters, of course - but also hope to get this top together now that I'm this far.

What's on deck for your weekend ahead?


It's finally time - Crazie Mazie PDF Pattern release time, that is!

This all happened on Monday and you can visit that post to catch up on ALL of the details and enter the Gift-Away.

I will be drawing for TWO lucky winners who will each receive a Crazie Mazie PDF pattern, a Rocky Road to Grayson PDF pattern AND:


A Kaleidoscope fabric roll from  Cotton to Quilts!

Gift-Away drawing to happen Monday 8/29/22.



BOTH Crazie Mazie AND  Rocky Road to Grayson are on sale at 25% off because you've already got the strings out!


You'll find Crazie Mazie and Rocky Road to Grayson in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.


Price reduction good through 8/31/22 and reverts to full price on 9/1/22.  Hurry now and save!




Quiltville Quote of the Day -


I's a proven thing that worry, stress and negative thoughts have an effect on our immune system and our health. 



Not to mention what it does to our sense of well-being and our frame of mind.



Our healthy life starts from inside!



Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!



 

10 comments:

  1. The wool applique project is beautiful as is the pumpkin one.
    Love your Quote for the day..
    Can't wait to see your blocks made into a quilt. Won't be long now.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wednesday from 6pm till yesterday at Noon my friend Carol and I and 2 others were in Berlin, Ohio for "The Quilters Gathering" Had a wonderful time and got to meet Corey Yoder and Robin Pickens! All the shopping and other fun we had. The quilting community is just a big circle of friends we have not met yet. Those of us who stayed at our motel had converssations over breakfast and out in the local shops, even though we had just met, felt like long time friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to be quilting, but busy running our church's fall mission school supply drive. The mission agency wants the supplies in drawstring backpacks and homemade ones from upholstery fabric are much sturdier than the cheaply made imported ones we could buy off the internet. A lovely older man has been putting most of them together, but somehow between last fall and this summer he has lost his touch and I am just finishing redoing 20 of his bags not put together according to the directions supplied by the mission agency. Unfortunately I left materials for 20 more with him when I picked those up, so anticipate the another session with Jack, followed by more time with my old Kenmore zigzag pitting them back together, too. The person who was coordinating collecting the school supplies also resigned a couple of weeks ago. Her last day was this past Wednesday, so I am not also doing that. Quilting will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't start another Stash, that keeps me from the woolie projects. I like to Applique. Piecing is my preferred method. Still trying the get motivated to finish sashings on my Grassy Creek and Rhododendron Trail. Quilt shows coming up in September gives me a goal timeliness. 2023 Quitville Mystery looming will get my MOJO going, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a lot of wool applique when I used to have my shop. I have always loved it but, like you, I wasn't eager to acquire the wool. A kit with everything included would be just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat the quilters felt comfortable bringing their wool projects. Neat to see. This weekend I am back to sewing costumes and it's amazing how much I've forgotten my stitching technique! Making a mermaid "skirt" for a friend's granddaughter's 3rd birthday and it's been more difficult than I thought. And working with chiffon?? Not fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie! You have been dropping into my email box for several years now and I've loved it. Yours was the first email I read everyday. Then last month you were gone. You disappeared and never came back. I have been trying to resubscribe without luck. Please add me back to your email list. I want my Bonnie back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been explaining this over the past few weeks. Blogger/Goggle no longer offers "blog posts by email" service. So you can either book mark me on your device or visit my blog on a real computer where sidebars are visible. Put your email address in the form at the top of the right hand side bar to subscribe to the blog notifications by email list I have set up.

      Delete
    2. PS. I have no way to direct add you - you don't even have a full name or email address. thank you.

      Delete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)