>>>>

Friday, August 12, 2022

Embracing Some Shirt Plaid Love!


I spent some time at the cutting table yesterday afternoon!

These simple sawtooth star blocks have been calling my name since last week when they were re-discovered hanging out in a basket nested under another basket full of scraps.

You know how it goes! I'm sure you do!

After the August Quiltvillians headed out with their shirt hauls after shopping my creepy cellar shirt stash last week, all I can think about is getting back to these.

Now that there are six sets cut and ready to go, I am hoping I can spend some time at the machine later today while the TaDa girls head out to Wytheville for some quilt shop stash enhancement.


I think Lola likes these colors.

They look good on her!


Lunch on the porch was a hit!

It had been a year since I last saw most of these ladies, and this year we have a few new ones to add to the mix and I am thrilled to have them here.

We are soaking up as much porch time as we can as we know fall and cooler temps are around the corner.

Things we are still waiting on:  The installation of the new porch door that will open OUT to the porch instead of IN toward the kitchen so it won't block traffic.  It's also going to help greatly with the weatherproofing for the cold winter months ahead.

It will be really nice not to have wind coming through all the cracks.


Abundant creativity is happening in the Quilting Quarters!

Lori Holt is up on the design wall!


Sugar Top blocks are in progress here - 

I'm loving these colors already! 


Double wedding ring and interwoven stars - awesome!


I spy some Ruby Jubilee happening here along with an awesome log cabin star - weeeee!


Baby quilts are such a fun quick-fix on retreat!

Sew it up, get it done!


This also happened!

(Either I am really tall, or Beth is really short, or BOTH!)

Check out the fantastic crocheted bags that Beth made, one for each of us hexie lovers!  I am so tickled with the extra long straps for cross-body wearing.


Not only is it roomy enough to carry projects and supplies - bit it has an inner pocket for keeping wallets and keys from being buried in the bottom.

The only BAD side of this?  Now I have to clean out my ratty purse so I can transfer everything into here.  LOL!

Thanks, Beth!


After all of this activity I just may have found my way up to bedroom 5 to remove the boot from my throbbing foot and spent some time in elevation, meditation and a whole lot of deep napping.

Bedroom 5 may be seeing a lot more of this as the foot continues to heal - all of this quilty fun can wear a boot wearing body completely out.


I am completely blown away by Roz's Bitcoin quilt shared to my Quiltville's Open Studio group on FB!

⁣Wowie Zowie! Isn't it fantastic?
You'll find the PDF pattern for Bitcoin in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.


New in the shop!


Aren't these just the cat's meow?

We sold out yesterday, but I was able to snatch up 18 more from my distributor and they shipped yesterday - so they should arrive early next week.

If you would like a set, go ahead and order over the weekend and I'll mail them out when they arrive.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

If your week has been like this, you know exactly what I mean! 


Good luck rounding up those squirrels!


Here's a big hooray for Friday, and the weekend ahead!


 

7 comments:

  1. Do you plan on fixing the dreaded swing? I got to peek in Bedroom 5 when I was there last year. I'd hid out there to if I had a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color palette on that Bitcoin quilt is beautiful! I like that the crochet bag was lined; it should be super useful. Glad to see you are still babying that foot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's an old facebook 'joke' about laughing with your dog about people who talk to their cats! Hello and good morning, Lola... were first words when her cute pic popped up... happy weekend from Cats in Carlsbad CA, good on you Bonnie, resting that foot, isn't bedroom 5 just lovely? How do you manage to stay awake? It's so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crocheted bags are beautiful ❤️. Right up my alley.
    We have a service guy checking out out central air. Trying to figure out why it's not working. Ugh. It's so 🔥 hot.
    Our new kitten 🐈 is keeping us in stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those purses are fantastic! I think the difference in height may just be exaggerated by the bonus boot inches! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that corner window. The architecture of thes old homes is truly amazing. So glad you were able find one and give it new life. Anyone know which Lori Holt pattern this is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to chuckle at the duck comment. One of my favorites is…”If I waited till I got all my ducks in a row, I’d never get across the street. Sometimes you have to gather up what you’ve got and make a run for it!” That has become my life’s philosophy.😂

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)