>>>>

Monday, October 19, 2015

Quilt Camp Memories, October, 2015!

20151018_093821
It was bitter sweet as we gathered on the back porch on a chilly October Sunday with blocks and pieces and parts – and very full hearts – to take our group photo, culminating Quilt Camp 2015.

What a FUN group of ladies!

And the leaves that you see here at 9am on a Sunday morning, were ALL on the ground by 5pm on Sunday Night!

They don’t call it FALL for nothing!

Tables were cleared one by one as the ladies packed up machines, fabric, notions, tools, lights, irons, pressing pads, design walls ---leaving only Karen and myself to stay one more night at the Inn.

How quiet it can be --- TOO QUIET when everyone had left!

But I will always remember these ladies like THIS when I think of Fall Quilt Camp 2015:

 20151018_093840

YEAH!!!!

I have gathered some of my favorite photos into a slide show for your viewing!  These smiles will stay with me a good long time as I make my journey home!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Fall Quilt Camp, Rangeley ME 2015



20151018_170113

Mountains dusted with snow!

20151018_171914

A roaring fire in the old inn fireplace!

20151018_162112-1

I sewed as far as I could, called it a day and went to bed!

Today Karen and I are driving down to Portland for our flights out.  It’s a 3 hour drive, through lovely countryside and we are leaving early so we can stop when we want and find a place to have lunch.  Our flights both leave around 5pm this evening.  She goes home to Virginia, and I head home to North Carolina – for TWO NIGHTS in my own bed.

I have Tuesday to repack, Wednesday I am off to Seattle for two back to back retreats there! 

Crazy.

But I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Oh, and a very special Happy Birthday shout out to both Ramona and Faye who were here with me this past weekend, as room mates by accident – they didn’t know that EACH has a birthday TODAY!  My best to you, girls!

Happy  Monday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful setting to have a fall retreat. The quilts look absolutely gorgeous, too. You can see the happiness radiate from everyone. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy toledo, Bonnie, is that a dog mounted over the fireplace? A beloved hunting dog and pet perhaps?

    You all had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing with us!

    Bari in MO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bonnie, for such a wonderful weekend and the best birthday present. I had a great time relaxing and sewing, and sewing, and talking with new friends, beautiful views, wonderful food. I just had a very great time at retreat. Thanks again for all you do for us quilters. Ramona from Maine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with everything Linda W said. I was basically going to say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful time everyone had in Maine. Fun, friends, sewing, fabulous scenery and beautiful quilts. Does it get any better than that? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Bari Berger... a mounted dog was my first thought also. But I think it's a painting of a hunting dog leaning out the door of his dog house. It certainly looks lifelike, doesn't it! Beautiful detail.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)