>>>>

Monday, June 27, 2016

Cathedral Stars in the Heart of Georgia!

IMG_0548
Just when you think it is so hot in Georgia you can’t stand it, the clouds gather, the sky opens up and the rain comes in buckets!

This is what happened in the afternoon during our workshop, and as we were all inside sewing away, as long as the power stayed on (which it did) we didn’t care one bit.

Let it rain, let it pour, we are here to sew together!

And miracle of miracles, it cleared up by the time we were ready to load it all into our cars at the end of the day.

Something FUN about this trip….there are NO repeats amongst the 8 workshops I am teaching.  ALL different!  And some haven’t been taught in a while, and it is always great to bring those basck out.

There is a whole lot of scrap busting going on deep in the heart of Georgia!


20160626_143953

Our workshop at the Sharpsburg Town Hall!

What a great place for a quilt group sew day.  The guild here is lucky enough to use this building every Tuesday for sit n sew. Isn’t that great?  I keep thinking of things that I want when I retire, and a group to sew with on a weekly basis in a beautiful facility such as this is top of my list.

20160626_132545

It didn’t take long before we had THIS going on!

20160626_145109

Press for Success!

We do the best we can to facilitate nested seams along the way.  In this case, the ladder block has seams pressed toward the half square triangles and away from the 4 patch corners.  The star block is opposite, away from the star points and toward the 4 patches.  Seams on the 4 patches are spun in ONE direction so that they will nest each other when the blocks are set together in the quilt.

20160626_153945 

This is going to be gorgeous!

We did a fun little thing since the tables were all around the outside of the room, leaving a big empty spot on the floor.  We laid out out blocks!

20160626_155048

Everyone in the circle!

20160626_155053

We got THIS much done!

You can tell that I have been on the road for 5 days by this point.  I wanted to do a circle video panning everyone with their blocks, but as I got started, I forgot where I was, and the name of the guild! LOL!



We still had a super day!

Even if I don’t know where I am! LOL!

You’ll find the rest of our day in photos in the slide show below.



You’ll find the free pattern to make your own Cathedral Stars quilt under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.

Today we do it again – it’s a double duty day.  Oklahoma Backroads workshop starts this morning, and we’ve got an evening guild meeting tonight.  If you are anywhere near Newnan, Georgia, come on by!

20160626_191005

Last night’s stitch & unwind!

I watched The Devine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood while stitching away on some more string blocks.  Perfection!

6_27_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage basket quilt found in Kentucky.

The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life, and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds.

The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too.

The people that love you, simply for being you.

The once-in-a-lifetime kind of people.

Thanks for being those kind of people for me Smile

Have a great Monday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 AM EDT

    Thanks Bonnie for your Quiltville Quotes of the Day and all the other things you do to inspire us. I am so glad to see young quilters taking your workshops! I wish I would have gotten started sooner myself. Can you imagine the quilts they will produce over a lifetime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie you're a "Once in a lifetime kinda of a person." Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though we have never met, you are that person for me and many others. Your positive attitude and your can-sew determination has us all wanting to be just like you!! Thanks for encouraging us all along the road!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great quilt design! I must print that chart you have on the Tips and Techniques so I can start putting together units for all the scrappy ones I want to do. I'll have to update it to include the ones in your books I want to do as well!

    Thanks and thinking of you and Sadie today that all goes well.

    Terri in BC - terri-fisher (at) shaw (dot) ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the class and was delighted to meet you. Thank you so much for helping me overcome my triangle phobia. You are an awesome teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one. Thank you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats Whitcher10:30 AM EDT

    Oh, Bonnie... you have a plethora (love that word) of folks who love you because you are who you are! I'm just one... smiles and hugs... please let me know next time you're doing a class.workshop.presentation in Southern California... so wish I had jumped on that last minute chance to go on the Alaska cruise!!!! sigh... blessings on you, prayers for Sadie and wishes for safe travels... Cats (cwhitcher@roadrunner.com)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)