>>>>

Monday, January 04, 2016

Mystery Monday Link-Up, The Reveal!

20160103_130033
 This is Robin’s top!  Isn’t it fabulous?

How is it that she is in CLASS yesterday with a completed top?

The woman sews exactly like I do – there is no stopping her when a goal is in front of her and she has time to asccomplish it.  We posted the reveal of Allietare on New Year’s Eve EVENING here in the USA –at the exact time that 2016 was being rung in joyfully over Italy.

And she got busy!

I am so absolutely thrilled that she was able to work on it between the release and yesterday’s class – and drive all the way from Shreveport, Louisiana to share it with our class in person.  She did a beautiful job!


20160103_125200

And she wasn’t the only one with something to share!

This was made by the lovely gal on the left, Cheri!   Hers is half together, and I couldn’t be happier.  Now she said she is torn about getting this one into top status, and the other quilts she started with me in class this week are also calling to her.

FB_IMG_1451713225084

Allietare Love incoming from Annie Perry! Check out her mini star centers!

She writes:
"Now it just needs borders, I love this pattern and and am glad I reached outside my comfort zone with colors. Thank you Bonnie Hunter for another beautiful mystery, and for all the things I learned putting it together, and my wee Bonnie stars just make me smile, you've taught me well, no waste here at Perry Branch!"
FB_IMG_1451863809804

This Allietare is by Elaine Poplin!

She posts to instagram under the name messygoat  (Ha!  The name makes me giggle!) and I love her take on this with her beautiful colors.  Absolutely cat approved!

1425782_10153258876746641_942916830930993753_n

More Allietare Love from Andee in Arizona!

Just look at these colors!

And there are more, so many more coming together as I type this.

I apologize for the late start, but I just didn’t have it in me to write a blog post last evening –I was just too worn out through and through to  type this before going to bed.  Remember I’m in a different time zone in Texas, so I’m getting this off even later than normal.

But I did watch Downton Abby!  Oh Bates & Anna! My heart is full!

And while I have your attention, I'd love to ask a very small favor.  I need your greys!

I am working on the NEXT book down the pipeline and it will be a sequel to String Fling.  I want to do a string quilt with greys.  I thought I would put this out there that I am happy to adopt your grey strips in any width up to 2.5''.  If you have some leftovers, would you mind just tucking a few in an envelope and sending them to me as you clear off your cutting table?

My address is:

Bonnie Hunter
136 Teague Ct
Winston Salem NC 27107

I would love to include you in this special quilt!

12492031_10153848582433909_8827427194491799257_o

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

One of my favorite things during my travel year are the quilts that students bring to share during our lunch break. This is a vintage grandmother's flower garden top machine quilted by Allison! I thought it played the perfect backdrop for this favorite quote! Where are your thoughts today?

Now let’s share some Allietare Love!

Be sure when you are filling in your information below that you
Include a URL to your specific post or photo, not just your main blog or profile address. We need the address of the page where your photo and post is, not the whole account. 

For those who don’t understand HOW to find the URL of any given post PLEASE read this linky tutorial before you link up again.

If you don’t know how to link it so it is clickable in your blog post, don’t worry about it. Just copy and paste the URL into your text.

Include this link in your blog post or photo text: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2016/01/mystery-monday-link-up-reveal.html

For an example of a blog post including a link back, click HERE.

For a Pinterest post including a link back, click HERE.

For an Instagram post including a link back, click HERE.

For a Flickr post including a link back, click HERE.


If you have linked to my main blog address http://quiltville.blogspot.com that also needs to be changed to the URL for this week’s linky page. Please check your post or photo and make sure you have the right link. Please do not just link to the allietare mystery tab either – because that tab is going away when the mystery is done, and then you will also be another dead end street. 

The linky pages will be alive FOREVER in the archives, Your link will stay there so people can find you, please link correctly to my post so people can find me and the others who have shared their links as well.





Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

16 comments:

  1. Bonnie, thank you for the most awesome MQ. I absolutely love it and am so happy I stayed with your colorway. I was collecting burgundy and golds for a quilt, didn't know what pattern...my questions was answered with Allietare! #3 in the linkup links back to the link up page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want to Thank you Bonnie for a fabulous mystery that I really enjoyed making...I'm making 2 versions, one for my BIL in your colors & one for me in Autumn colors..also I'm string piecing the centers on both. Kind of sad to see it ending..
    Debra in Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have collected all the clues and will be making my top in the next few months. LOVE this quilt and am thinking of a bazillion colorways it would look good in. THANK YOU for all your hard work in putting this together for us ... don't know how you do it with all your traveling, teaching, writing ... you are a super woman for sure!! Looking forward to taking classes from you in March, 2016 when you are in Michigan! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some Greys to send along. Thanks for another Link-up. Mine isn't done, yet. Grandma time and meetings kept me out of the Quilt Zone. I am loving the colors and wish I'd switched one. Do you need some Yellow/Golds too? I have Hubby thinking about Alaska with you. He asked what I wanted for my Birthday. Hope it isn't FULL yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great start to the Mystery Monday Link-up! Look at all those beautiful Allietare quilts!!! Sew exciting. Greys I've got so I'll be sending some your way for your string project. Thank you for your lovely quote on one of my antique quilt tops. Great to spend so much time with you during class. Memories made and friendships strengthened. Hug to you my friend, Allison in Plano, Texas USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheri is the quilter whose name you can't recall. I sat next to her in class yesterday. What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this year's MQ!! I plan to start it once I finish Jamestown Landing.

    I love all the different colorways that the MQ has been done in. Every one is gorgeous. Thanks, Bonnie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this quilt. I have all the clues and most of the fabric pulled. I hope to finish this quilt this winter. I'm glad I stuck with your colors, though I could see making another in other colors!

    Sending you some grays - some strips, other larger pieces (not big, just not stripped)

    Pat in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:36 PM EST

    Every year I think this is the best quilt, but you manage to top it. Allietare is my absolute favourite. It is so beautiful!!!
    Thanks a million Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so sorry for your poor mailman!

    I bought my constant grey in November when my LQS had a very limited supply. I "settled".
    New Year's Day I went to their big sale and now they have a bazillion beautiful greys. Maybe there is an Allietare II in my future.

    Thank you for the beautiful words for today...they truly spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore Allietare. All the fabric was purchased and not a cut has been made. The plan was to have a stitch fest between fall and spring semester of graduate school. Both parents ended up in different hospitals early last month and are now in a nursing home....Maybe a little stitching spring and summer break. Allietare is definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't have time to do this mystery but I've been watching and am in love with this quilt! Beautiful girls!! Annie Perry!! 💟💟💟 those colors... I love that quilt!! I am definitely going to make this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie, I am loving the daily quotes and so appreciate the Pinterest button as I have started a board for them which keeps me reading your blog every day or so. Part of my new retirement routine. I love Alletaire but have not started it yet. Got a few projects to get done at home before I can attack my quilt/sewing room. Thank you for everything that you do for all of quilters out here. Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done everyone, I'm way behind! I am loving the versions with orange in. I may have to make another as I swapped my red for blue, and now wish I'd chosen orange. Thank you Bonnie, love this pattern! If I had seen this in a book I would not have tackled it, you break the clues down to easily manageable chunks to help us make something glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your beautiful Allietare pattern Bonnie! I'm learning there's a difference between scrappy and busy! Almost all of my quilts are too busy. I guess because growing up with my red hair and freckles, I always felt like I looked busy...lol. I've seen Bonnie's quilts and they are tastefully scrappy! I need some classes on that! I'm going to make this quilt again, as I had several colorways picked out. I love the colors Bonnie's chose, but I love many, many color combinations..lol Julia still in Missouri p.s thank you Bonnie for your kind words, and all your works!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed this, so a big thank you. I have learned so much in the process. A lot of it about seam ripping!! ;) I will have to think more about the overall colour choices because although I thought my turquoise fitted in nicely - it does rather hit you in the eye! I have since read that if you throw your colours in a pile on the floor, anything jumping back out at you will do the same in the quilt (apparently), so maybe I'll try that next! This was such fun.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)