>>>>

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Wild & Goosey Time with Quiltmaker!


The May/June issue of Quiltmaker Magazine with my Wild & Goosey paper pieced blocks is just about to hit the news stands!

And don't forget that this issue includes Part 2 of my Lazy Sunday mystery!

I know you’ve been waiting for it ---and so have I.

I started piecing these little  "Wild & Goosey" gems while on the road a few years ago – and slowly my collection of blocks is growing.

It was a lot of  fun to include the cut off triangles and crumbs from students projects, gathered and gleaned at the end of class -- to include their scraps with mine!

I went through the archives to see just WHEN I started piecing them…and I found this photo of my beloved Magenta Featherweight, may she rest in pieces:

DavenportIA2012-034_thumb4

WAHHHHH!

newland_NC-198_thumb3

This was the stack I was trimming up when we were first renting a cabin in the Western North Carolina Mountains to see if that is where we wanted to end up ---My stack has sat since the leader/ender spools took over!

wildngoosey 001

My basket is full!  It’s time to remove some papers and make a quilt!

wildngoosey1

Here is the block I sent into Quiltmaker!

wildngoosey2

Sample quilt layout!  Whoowhoo!

Be watching for the magazine – that is where you are going to find the foundation piecing template.  You can find the directions for the sample layout on the Quiltmaker Magazine site HERE!

And I’ve linked everything to the Addicted To Scraps tab at the top of the blog for future reference!

Happy Goose-ing! And as we all know very well:


15 comments:

  1. I already have my copy here in France!!I love digital magazines1 Saves me a small fortune on postage fees - and then I can buy more :-) Love the block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweet little block. I remember you working on these on one of your hotel stays. We were all curious and now the birds have flown the coop! Another great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited, I cannot wait for my copy to arrive at my door! Thanks Bonnie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Received mine in the mail yesterday! Love this issue! Bonnie you rock! :-)
    Karen in MA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Received mine in the mail yesterday! Love this issue! Bonnie you rock! :-)
    Karen in MA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Received mine in the mail yesterday! Love this issue! Bonnie you rock! :-)
    Karen in MA

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I subscribed to the magazine a couple of months ago, you were a big reason for the decision!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Dare I start another project? I inventoried last night and found 4 I didn't know I had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty. Now I can hardly wait for the issue to come. And hexagons on the cover look interesting too.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriosly Bonnie...I love everything that you come up with! I am putting this one on my to be sewn list too :) Can't wait to see yours come together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to get this issue! I'm so making that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I may have missed your posting about the results after the unfortunate incident with your pretty Featherweight - did you get any response from the airline after you wrote your letter and was the situation resolved to your satisfaction?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yet another quilt I NEED to make. Just about done with my Texas Braid from the Indiana Heritage Quilt Show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am I going mad, i could not find the foundation in my digital magazine for the goose blocks and I really want to make them

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat block! I just realized I bought this magazine.....off i go!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)