>>>>

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

July Quiltvillians On Parade!


Would you just look at this beautiful array of creativity on display?

Whooowhooooo! Well done, ladies!

The July Quiltvillians packed it all up and headed on out yesterday morning - but man!  They filled every moment of every day (And way beyond bedtime) creating beautiful quilts as well as amazing friendships - which is what retreat is really about, right?

We can all create in the solitude of our own sewing spaces, but life is much better when we connect with other like-minded folks!


Silk Path, something crabby something strippy, something national park, and something with bowties!

And  a whole lot of smiling faces! (Not to mention much sassy talk! LOL!)


Spider & The Fly  and some adorable baskets!


Bowties from MORE Adventures With Leaders & EndersBitcoinRhododendron Trail, freeform crumb piecing, and a quarter-log cabin set in diamonds as a layout.


Full view of Bitcoin. Great colors!


And a full view of Rhododendron Trail.  Love the green!

(One corner still to add - but it was photo time - so....)


Jacob's Chain top finish!


Rhododendron TrailFrolicSilk Path and a quilt featuring dresses!


What a fabulous week, everyone!


Life is better with quilty friends!


Oh, Tula!

Yesterday was a complete rush and run around trying to get as much done as possible before the August Quiltvillians arrive for retreat today.

I was out rearranging porch furniture and wiping down the outside tables when I saw Tula watching me from her favorite spot on the old church pew on the side porch.

I wonder what it looks like from her upside down vantage point?


My quilts are home!

Sue & Bill arrived from Indiana just before dinner time.  Hello, my babies!  I can't thank them enough for hand delivering them back to me.  Talk about loving care - 

And thank you to everyone who visited my exhibit at the Quilter's Hall of Fame.  You know, they have a new exhibit opening this week! They change exhibits 3 or 4 times a year, so if you are close enough, please support them and see who else they are featuring.


My evening was filled with more of this -

And guess what?  I turned my first corner!  Hooray! (Only 3 sides left to go and I can trim and bind the edge.)

Today will be filled with bed making and finishing touches before the August Quiltvillians roll in around 4pm.

What am I working on piecing next?

Time to dig into the UFOs (I have so very few, really.) and see what I can pull forward and get excited about all over again.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Oh, how I love a good play on words -⁣
This one definitely brought a good chuckle!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!


 

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:41 AM EDT

    Well, you are up and at ‘em early today. Love your quote today. I wonder if Tula has ever ventured indoors at the Inn? Fran in Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! Cute pic of Tula :). I got a good giggle from today's quote! (and it's so true)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phone drama. New phone didn't tether everything over from old phone so my comment was anonymous yesterday. Sorry.
    Wonderful over the porch railing quilts. So beautiful ❤️.
    As is your star quilt. Love Baptist Fan quilting.
    Didn't start anything yesterday, was too tired after groceries.
    Have a Sparkling day.
    Blessings 💞

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did stop in Marion, Indiana on the way back to IL from Prince Edward Island on the 24th of July. I knew how awesome your quilts were, but to see them in person was so inspiring. My previous quilting was painstakingly matched and symmetrical and you made me realize that by incorporating scraps of the same colorway, you could still achieve order, but that the small prints actually gave the quilt a special sparkle and interest. I pretty much quilt on my own in the countryside so appreciate the online connections. I hope someday to visit Quiltville Inn and meet the notorious Bonnie in person, who shares so much of her life, creativity and humor with the rest of us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun to see the Over the rail pictures. Wish I could Fly away! I need some Quilty Girlfriend time! Enjoying watching Gymnastics in Paris. The Ladies got the Gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:40 PM EDT

    Beautiful quilt show, Ladies! Thanks for all the inspira,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:03 PM EDT

    Thank you, Bonnie, for letting the QHF borrow your quilts! It was a hugely successful exhibit. We were very happy to be able to drive down to bring your quilts home and get the opportunity to hike Grayson Highlands. No ponies spotted yesterday, but we survived the Twin Pinnacles loop. Hiking to Little Pinnacle was not hard, but climbing up to Big Pinnacle is not for the faint of heart! But worth it for the spectacular view!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)