>>>>

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Sew Much Creativity!


It's a veritable hive of quilty activity in the Quilting Quarters are Quiltville Inn!

And you guys - the laughter is LOUD and I am loving it!

The July Quiltvillians are quilting up a storm - and it's hard for me to pull myself away from things going on here and do my own work at the QPO. I have a serious case of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out!) while I attend to the other needful things that are happening in my own space next door.


I've watched this montage growing -

I love free-form projects.  Crumb quilts are a favorite. And this one went from this -


To this!

Each addition made things even more fun and interesting.  I wonder if it will be together as a top by the time I arrive this morning?

I love that this crumb quilt has a basic color plan (reds and pinks) With some other dramatic things thrown in like the black.


This stack of pumpkin blocks from Punkin' Patch went from these stacks to this:


You'll find Punkin Path in my book String Fling.


Beautiful blocks in repro fabrics.  Yummy!


A rainbow top finish!


Betty got her Silk Path top finished!


Tracy has gone as far as she can go on her Big String Quartet - the remaining pieces are at home so she is on to something new:


I've noticed that there is a whole lot of autumn/Halloween vibes happening here as well.  I do love Halloween projects any time of the year - super cute!


Jeanette's Pineapples are rockin the design wall!


All of these triangles are becoming:


Stack n' Whack, One Block Wonder love!


I assume there will be more of this continuing through the weekend.  I have a few takers wanting to join me on a hike up to Grayson Highlands on Sunday - it's weather depending with no guarantee of ponies, but it's good to get outside and MOVE.


As for me - This happened!

Click to Play:



I just love it!

And yes, there are many other things that I NEEDED to be working on behind the scenes, but my reason for pushing this through all the way to getting it basted is to free me up to work on those other things, and still have evening hand quilting time with something in my hoop.

I've got a backing - it's a cotton shirting fabric that came off the bolt - light grey with a pin stripe in it - that was a gifted fabric from another quilter.  It's going to be perfect.

Machine basting will happen!  And then the hand quilting of Baptist fans can begin.


Last weekend to save!!

The response to our Hamilton Gardens release has been phenomenal!  I can't thank you enough, and I am so excited that you are excited to make your own version while stitching down your scraps.

New Zealand Inspired!

A trip to New Zealand in January 2024 gave me a chance to see Hamilton Gardens for myself. All of that inspiration is captured here with easy to follow instructions, full-color photos and graphics to help you create your own version – no triangles required!

Quilt Size:79’’ X 79’’

Introductory pricing: I have set the price for Hamilton Gardens at 25% off - no coupon needed. Sale price good through this SUNDAY 7/28/24. 



I can't wait to see your own Hamilton Gardens quilts come together - keep sending updates!

So here we are at the weekend.

Any plans? What do you have going on? What are you working on - any finishes in your near future?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Is your body fighting your brain today? 

Which one are you listening to?

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!



 

10 comments:

  1. Love those repro blocks, very cool .
    Love the border you made for your Star quilt. Looks wonderful.
    Finishes? No, no finishes here. maybe by Sunday night, I don't know. Just enjoying the process.
    Lots of very nice quilts on the Studio.
    Have a happy scrappy Weekend!
    Happy sewing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quote for the weekend! HA! I just love your weekend posts... sooo much inspiration! I'm also a fan of the Fall & Winter season quilting. I better get cranking on those! :) We are having some much needed slow, steady, soaking rains here this week in South Central Texas, making it a little bit cooler this summer! Have a quilty weekend everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:43 AM EDT

    Ha! Your quote is exactly what's been happening in my brain lately. The mind is willing but the body is weak. Love the quilts in progress photos! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:32 PM EDT

    What is the name of the quilt on the table in the last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love a Pinstripe! Yea for a finish to put in the Hoop! Go Bonnie using the shirts up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:17 PM EDT

    Love the Silk Path finish. I’m collecting brown scraps to make one. Need to clear up some UFO’s first. Fran in Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there a pattern name for Betty's quilt from yesterday's post? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there Bonnie, I love your work it's so beautiful.
    ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW look at all those quilters sharing their positive creative energy.....nothing like a great retreat to get that inspiration flowing while getting some quilt tops coming together :0) Can't wait to see their over the rail show :0)!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)