>>>>

Friday, September 24, 2021

September '21 Quilty Box Gift-Away (And More!)


September isn't over yet!

And let's make the most of it with a September '21 Quilty Box Gift-Away!

I'm not ready to say farewell to beautiful sunny days quite yet.

I keep crossing my fingers and hoping for an Indian Summer that carries on through October.

I may be fooling myself, but a girl can dream, can't she?

The quilts on the cover of the Bundles of Inspiration magazine (included with each Quilty Box!) are cotton candy gorgeous!

I opened up the fabric pack right away, and look what I found:


All the prints - All one panel!

Botanica Flat Stack Bundle by Kasey Free! 

Paintbrush Studios has created a revolutionary approach to printing fabric with an exclusive precut made custom for Quilty Box subscribers.  This panel is printed with the collection's designs on  continuous yardage and arranged specifically for your project. 

Flat Stack panels are an eco-friendly option, as they're more efficient to ship and create less fabric waste.  I love this idea!  It's like buying fat quarters by the yard!


And they are showcased beautifully in the Mountain Meadows pattern by Elizabeth Chappell.


Also included:

Wool dryer balls by Paper Pieces.

4 1/2'' Creative Grids ruler

Wonderfil Thread.


Learn more about Kasey Free and her design background!


I quickly cut the fat quarters apart - SO pretty!


Would you like to win the September '21 Quilty Box?

We'll draw for our winner on September 30th, 2021!



Good luck, everyone!  And while I have you here - there is another drawing happening TOMORROW so there is still time to get your entries in!


TOMORROW I will be gifting away a September Sky Pattern Bundle AND a Facets of black color roll from Cotton to Quilts

And our winner gets to choose a friend who will also receive the pattern bundle and a black color roll!

Head on over to the release post for more info and get your entry in.  We'll be drawing for our winner this coming Saturday, September 25th, 2021!  

I want to thank everyone for the tremendous response to the PDF pattern release of September Sky and Spider & The Fly!

I have placed BOTH patterns in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store at 25% off the regular price with no coupon needed.

The introductory pricing is good through 9/30/21 and will revert back to full on 10/1/21.

If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

Save even more!

Purchase BOTH in the September Sky Pattern Bundle with an extra discount! 

This bundle is a limited time only offer, and will be retired on 10/1/21.  So hurry!

Other things going on in Quiltville:


The PDF pattern for my Appalachian Autumn quilt is 25% off through 9/30/2021 - no coupon needed!

And the PDF pattern for my Punkin Patch Runner is HALF-PRICE at only $5.00 through 10/31/21.


It's official - Fall is here! It's Quilting Season!

I sit A LOT especially during the fall/winter months when I spend even more hours at my machine sewing the cold days away.

And since the stair fall and smashed tailbone incident a few months back, my SewPad has been my best friend and ally.

What is a SewPad?

SewPad™ is filled with a thick cushion of proprietary viscoelastic polymer gel– the same stuff used in surgical mats and wheelchair pads.

Unlike foam (memory foam or otherwise) gel doesn’t bottom-out and it provides comfort and support by diffusing and distributing pressure.

Upholstered in a plush layer of AirFlex™ fabric, SewPad™ helps your backside stay cool while the no-slip bottom keeps it from sliding around in your chair. 

SewPad™ was designed for quilters and crafters, but we think you’ll find other uses as well.

Church. Stadium seats, in the car and anywhere else that you might expect to be sitting for a good while.

Being comfortable is a wonderful thing!


Made in the USA!


This thing is thick and heavy!

In fact, I plopped it right down on my postal scale because I was curious – and it weighs in at 4 1/2 lbs of ultimate seating comfort!


The back side is grippy for non-slippy!

I can't say enough about how much I love my SewPad. And the folks at SewPad are hosting a FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING event through Sunday 9/26/21.

If you've been on the fence about getting one for yourself - now is the time. Just remember to use the code FALL21 at check out for that free priority shipping to take effect.

And just for fun - this was my day yesterday.  Click to Play:


This is my first time using the Blogger app to upload the video - usually I just embed straight from Instagram - but videos on Instagram and Facebook have been doing weird things lately!

(This is a test, this is only a test!)


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Vintage bricks quilt found in North Carolina.

I  read once that the people we surround ourselves with either raise or lower our standards. We become like our friends.
True friends will lift you up into a better you and you will do the same for them!

Happy Friday, folks!⁣

 

23 comments:

  1. Loved the video. As I see it, you have two choices regarding your darlings. #1 Enjoy the opportunity to practice your yoga/Pilates skills by reconstructing your layout on the floor. #2 Find a spot to put up a design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinks! I agree, it’s sad the summer days are ending, but I’m excited for cooler weather and quilt snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing it’s a scrappy quilt you’re trying to put together, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a design wall that I love. It's 2 4'X8' 2"thick rigid foam. I lean it up against a wall when in use and can stack one on top of the other when not in use. In prepping for webbing I can "lay" out the entire quilt then label with painters tape, sticks but leaves no residue. Each labeled column stack gets a pin(top most block) on the side to be sewn on. This way I can lay out several quilts before webbing them together. When laying out on point quilts I start at the top most corner in the middle of the design wall. The threads do have to be clipped between columns,paying close attention to labels, however I find it is still easier than the traditional way of putting together on point quilts. I have 2 Jack Russell Terriers and putting blocks on the floors would not last 5 minutes. And it saves my back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appalachian Autumn finally ready for label and binding!!! I just love it!!! Your quilting critters are so fun, if not very helpful, love seeing them, thanks, for your contribution to MY life, you do indeed build me up!!!and keep me encouraged... and i treasure those in my life who do, too... Cats in Carlsbad, CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Quilty Box! I love everything about it…especially the new Paintbox fabrics 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't have Indian Summer until we have had a killing frost -- too early for that I hope, just cooler days are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh I wanna Win, com on Random generator!! Beautiful quilts you're sending out into the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am wishing for a longer summer here on the central coast of California. We have had a quite cool and foggy summer this year. I feel the excitement building for the Mystery Quilt. I discovered you and the Mystery Quilt at Celtic Solstice and joined in at Grand Illusion. One of my guild member brought her Celtic Solstice for show and tell. Thank you for all you do for us in the quilting world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate having to lay a quilt out on the floor! It’s murder getting up and down. Getting older is no fun! Everytime I see Zoey, I miss having a dog, so keep posting animal videos, so I can fill that yearning for a pet. Can’t afford the upkeep of one anymore. Can barely afford the upkeep of the hubby…😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that all panels one sheet idea. You can cheat with it and cut some small half this-half that design blocks where the prints meet. :) Even "four prints in one" at the corners. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. FYI: Able to see QPO video on Instagram. Not able to view on your blog via my IPhone.
    Thanks for sharing with us... ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lola finally got you!!! HAHA! :) I kept waiting... Hoping to get the rest of my Happily Scrappily Irish together this weekend! Then I can start shopping for the backing for it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good video. Your newly released patterns are so much fun. The quilty box fabric sure took me back to the 1960's. Fabric was printed just like that which we made skirts out of. "Patchwork" skirts were big. I remember paying 59 cents a yard for it back then.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh that's a pretty collection of fabric - kind of a fresh spin on vintage sheet prints from the 60-70's. The flat stack is a GENIUS idea.

    Soooo, who do you think did the block surfing? Canine or feline? They both look so innocent. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. FYI: video played beautifully on my Android (cell).

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mom said to associate with those who set higher standards for me so I would have guides along the way. I understood that what she wanted was for me to get involved with people who showed me how to be the "better me" that I strived for.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is always such fun to see videos of your pets, (aka. furry family members). My dog would do the same thing. Thanks for all the time you spend creating your blog!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been doing my neutral strings all day fro Emerald City. I had 50 done and decided to cot them. What did I do , of course I cut them all going the wrong direction and now I have to start over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg... well, you could just cut the green ones the wrong way and when you put it all together, it's a pretty busy design, maybe no one but YOU would know... I, too, am up to my elbows in Emerald City. Enjoying the process. Cats from Carlsbad CA

      Delete
  20. It never fails, the minute you lay a quilt out on the floor the fur babies have to lie on it LOL! I shoo my pups off but the minute I rearrange everything again they lay right back on it. Love them !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this quilt Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bonnie, I love your blog and look forward to it each day. Thank you for sharing your quilty life with us. You truly lift me up!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)