>>>>

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Quilty Shenanigans!


I popped over to Quiltville Inn yesterday morning to find many of the Bonus Quiltvillians all cozy and comfy - congregating in the hen den with cups of coffee and morning chat.

I love hearing folks' plans for the day - several were heading out to Wytheville to hit up Batiks, Etc. and taking notes of things wanted or needed by others.

If it takes a village - we've got one here!


And yes, every day can be jammie day if you want it to be!

Our mornings have turned brisk - so yes, that gas stove was set by thermostat to come on and go off as needed as if to say "Welcome, Fall!"


Other things saying FALL!

Punkin Patch quilt from String Frenzy up to the borders!


And there are more punkins being made in another corner!

(I love the festive string bucket!)


Wonky Wishes blocks are under way!


Oh this is a cool grandson quilt!

What kid wouldn't like bright colors and dragons!


Diamond Tile also coming together!

Block from my Addicted to Scraps column in the May/June 2018 issue of Quiltmaker Magazine - there may be digital copies available out there if you can't find the issue.

And in my own world:


The as of yet unnamed quilt top is together!

It's pretty wild and busy!  But it all of its craziness it makes me happy.  

Though it might not look like it at first - there is a LOT of a certain sour green in here.  I want a binding color that will pull more of those greens out, so that is what is on my mind right now.


Closer!

I had a blast making the 25-patch blocks.  And yes, I have a way to make the blocks from strip sets for easy piecing. 

Yes, it will be a pattern down the pipeline - but maybe not until spring as Mystery season is almost upon us.

It made a big dent in my "shorter" strip lengths in my scrap bins!

Today I hope to piece a backing (I've already been pulling fabric - there goes another 7 or so yards out of the stash. YAY!) and perhaps get it loaded into the long arm machine.

And since I love quilts made with strips and squares - no triangles!  Here is another that has reached its destination:


I sent my Scrappy Bargello in Plaid to my Uncle Steve in Minnesota!

It contains my grandpa's shirts - something I thought uncle Steve might like.⁣

Washing this quilt, making this video, taking photos to document it before I sent it off has me thinking of all of those other plaids, stripes and small prints I've saved from repurposing shirts to use in my quilts.⁣

I hear them calling my name!⁣

Oh yeah - and the pattern for Scrappy Bargello is found under the Free Patterns tab!

Just a reminder that my EARLY "print friendly" patterns were .html files, not PDF and are not mobile friendly, so if you get what looks like a page to a 5th grade class on your mobile device, go to a real computer to print it.

Perhaps this winter I'll have time to rewrite and reformat everything - but not right now.

And!  The moment we've been waiting for - it's time to draw for our winner of the September Sky Pattern Bundle and fabric roll gift-away!

And our winner gets to choose a friend who will also receive the pattern bundle and a black color roll from Cotton to Quilts!
Who is entry 836 of 6380?


Jan Fitch!

 Congrats, Jan & Friend!  Jan, please reply back to the email I sent to the address you provided with your entry.  Include the name, email and mailing address of your friend and we will get all of this good stuff out to you!

September Sky  Spider & The Fly and the September Sky Pattern Bundle are still on sale through 9/30/21 with no coupon needed!

The PDF pattern for my Appalachian Autumn quilt is 25% off through 9/30/2021 - no coupon needed!

And the PDF pattern for my Punkin Patch Runner is HALF-PRICE at only $5.00 through 10/31/21.

And there are more Gift-Away opportunities going on right now.  


September isn't over yet!

Head over to Yesterday's Post to enter our September '21 Quilty Box Gift-Away featuring Botanica fabrics by Kasey Free and Paintbrush Studios!

Drawing to happen Thursday 9/30/21.

And last but not least - only two days remaining!


It's official - Fall is here! It's Quilting Season!

I sit A LOT especially during the fall/winter months when I spend even more hours at my machine sewing the cold days away.

And since the stair fall and smashed tailbone incident a few months back, my SewPad has been my best friend and ally.

What is a SewPad?

SewPad™ is filled with a thick cushion of proprietary viscoelastic polymer gel– the same stuff used in surgical mats and wheelchair pads.

Unlike foam (memory foam or otherwise) gel doesn’t bottom-out and it provides comfort and support by diffusing and distributing pressure.

Upholstered in a plush layer of AirFlex™ fabric, SewPad™ helps your backside stay cool while the no-slip bottom keeps it from sliding around in your chair. 

SewPad™ was designed for quilters and crafters, but we think you’ll find other uses as well.

Church. Stadium seats, in the car and anywhere else that you might expect to be sitting for a good while.

Being comfortable is a wonderful thing!


Made in the USA!


This thing is thick and heavy!

In fact, I plopped it right down on my postal scale because I was curious – and it weighs in at 4 1/2 lbs of ultimate seating comfort!


The back side is grippy for non-slippy!

I can't say enough about how much I love my SewPad. And the folks at SewPad are hosting a FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING event through Sunday 9/26/21.

If you've been on the fence about getting one for yourself - now is the time. Just remember to use the code FALL21 at check out for that free priority shipping to take effect.

This is my LAST mention of the free shipping opportunity as I won't post again until Monday and the sale will be OVER.

Today is also busy in the land of the Bonus Quiltvillians - it's quilts over the porch rail day, followed by a fire pit sit tonight.  I'm not sure how many of those are going to be left until it is too cold to want to be out there to do it!

So we will enjoy them as much as we can as long as we can.

Any plans for your own weekend ahead?



Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Vintage string quilt found in North Carolina 

The best advice for a Saturday out there - 


Have a great weekend, everyone! 

 

20 comments:

  1. It looks like loads of fun happening! Love the quilt show! I am sure Uncle Steve will love the quilt. Today we are catching up on weekly chores, watching a little college football and hopefully getting the Happily Scrappily Irish finished up so I can get shopping for a backing. Happy Caturday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea to send a quilt to relatives. I have a small family, a lot of quilts, and more to come. Hoping to pass them on to loved ones over time like you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing your videos of your quilts that you are gifting to your loved ones and the stories behind each quilt & why it is going to that person. Special quilts for special people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JOYFUL JOURNEY - that's what popped into my head when I saw your latest creation and I thought I have to write it here - may be useful for a quilt name haha - must be hard having to think of new original names for your quilts. Happy sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure got your layout back together quickly it seems on your as of yet unnamed quilt after Lola had a romp in it! It is busy but such a happy busy! You could call it “Lola’s Romp” or “Happy Crazy”!

    Getting a quick baby quilt cut & ready for my sewing group Monday. It’s a break from my Christmas projects!

    Will be enjoying this beautiful fall day at an annual craft show at our fairgrounds!!
    Blessings, Marci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you have so much green, how about Sour Apples?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sparkle would make a good name for your quilt! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've thought of a couple great names for your quilt; Dancing in the Square or Square Dance for all the squares in your as yet unnamed quilt! It's a beauty, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Joyful Journey idea. Lots of fabrics in the quilt from your life journey and I can see roads coming and going. And you bring us so much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crisscross crazy, Happily Scrappily, Scrapalicious Scraps are some of the names I thought of for that beautiful colorful scrappy un-named quilt top. I love that your blog keeps me motivated. Thank You for that. You are very much appreciated. Hugs from Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I entered three quilts into our guild's November quilt show. Now I need to finish them! Making backs, quilting, binding. I'm showing Shoo Fly Shoo, Frolic and a Burgoyne Surrounded challenge quilt. Lots to do! Thanks, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mix of colors in this bargello
    has always been among my favorites. A beautiful quilt. What a treasure your Uncle Steve will be receiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really, really enjoying the quick goodbye videos of quilts before they leave for loved ones. Have always really liked your Scrappy Bargello pattern, and have made one and am setting strips aside for a second as I process shirts.

    The 25-patch quilt is super fun, and a sour green binding will look smashing. It's been fun seeing that one come together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How does one get to be a "Quitvillian"? Is there a place to get on a list, and if so, how does it work?

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you hold the control key and then hit p, you can print to PDF.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Time to rise and get to quilting with my bestie who is visiting for a while. Hope to finish her Sandcastle today. We have made bases for fidget quilts so far.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A surge of excitement came over me when you mentioned Mystery Quilt! During this time last year my Mom was in her last days and I shared all about Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt. Mom was a quilter and she used quilting as a way to keep me close even though I was determined to move away from home at 18 yrs of age! Mom died in early Nov but my sister and I went and bought all the material together to work on last years mystery. It was the last and best time we had with Mom. Thank you Bonnie Hunter, Quilting touches our hearts in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are wonderful colors in the bargello quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new unnamed quilt reminds me of a Chinese finger puzzle!
    Thanks for all you do, Bonnie, for the quilt world! Love reading your blog every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE YOUR DAILY BLOG, BONNIE! Know your Uncle Steve will love the quilt you're sending him, hugs from your grandad every time he covers with it!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)