>>>>

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Kucht in the Nick of Time! (And Sew Pad Sale!)


While I was finishing up yesterday's blog post - this was going on at Quiltville Inn!

The stove on the right is the outgoing one - new in April - and the left is the replacement coming in.

You know I've written about our stove woes MANY TIMES over the past several months.

First when the original range that came with the house quit working, and there was no such thing as a replacement thermostat or gasket to be found for this 12 year old range that had NOTHING ELSE wrong with it.

This was another episode that proved planned obsolescence to be a reality - a commercial gas range that just COOKS should last longer than that, and parts should be standardized to where you can get replacements.

We were down to the wire with the delivery of the new Kucht (pronounced COOKED - so appropriate!) model.

The Bonus Quiltvillians were to arrive around 3pm yesterday afternoon, and they were going to need to be able to get their meals kucht (cooked!)


Ready to be put in!

As you know - customer service IS everything.  And the folks at Zline (the defunct 5 month old model) just didn't have it.

They couldn't even find anyone to come fix the one that wasn't working.  We waited weeks and weeks before someone would even call us back.

We finally took the issue to Lowes who offered to let us return it, giving us full credit toward another one.

We chose a Kucht based on their customer service.

No sooner had we placed our order for this model than we got a call from their customer service introducing themselves, and letting us know who to call if we had any issues - and that they would be in touch every step of the way.

My big issue with the Zline?  They didn't even include a manual with the range we had.  You got a QR code and you had to print your own.  It was impossible to look ANYTHING up.  You can spend thousands of dollars on a commercial range, and they can't give you an owners manual on paper?

Guess what?


This came with a paper manual!  YAY!


And here she is!

The Zline was gas top/electric bottom.  This is gas (propane) top and bottom which we actually like better.  It's what we have here at the cabin.

The only thing with brand new ranges is that they take some time to get over the "new oven smell" that happens.

So yesterday I was running the oven with windows wide open over the sink as well as exhaust fans to try to break it in.

We'll just have to deal with new oven smell for a few days.  But all in all, it truly was "in the nick of time."


This also happened for me yesterday -

I added some more rows to my 25-patch.


Luckily Lola didn't surf things too badly overnight - but whose tail end do I spy at the far right of this photo??

At any rate, it's coming together and I really love how scrap happy this quilt is turning out to be. It's just a jumble of joy.

This also happened yesterday - so I'm sharing it!

My Aunt Gail received her quilt package!  What did I send her?  Click to Play:

I sent her Tropical Twist from my Addicted to Scraps book! 

And she loves it!

She had asked for something to go with the greys and purples in her living room in Florida, and this fits the bill perfectly.

I am loving spreading the quilt love around to family.  Asking them what colors they like, showing them options if they aren't sure, having them pick the one they like.

Washing and drying them, photographing and videoing them to document them before boxing them up to send off -

My heart is happy!

You know what else makes me happy?  Helping out a friend with an incredible business!


It's official - Fall is here! It's Quilting Season!

I sit A LOT especially during the fall/winter months when I spend even more hours at my machine sewing the cold days away.

And since the stair fall and smashed tailbone incident a few months back, my SewPad has been my best friend and ally.

What is a SewPad?

SewPad™ is filled with a thick cushion of proprietary viscoelastic polymer gel– the same stuff used in surgical mats and wheelchair pads.

Unlike foam (memory foam or otherwise) gel doesn’t bottom-out and it provides comfort and support by diffusing and distributing pressure.

Upholstered in a plush layer of AirFlex™ fabric, SewPad™ helps your backside stay cool while the no-slip bottom keeps it from sliding around in your chair. 

SewPad™ was designed for quilters and crafters, but we think you’ll find other uses as well.

Church. Stadium seats, in the car and anywhere else that you might expect to be sitting for a good while.

Being comfortable is a wonderful thing!


Made in the USA!


This thing is thick and heavy!

In fact, I plopped it right down on my postal scale because I was curious – and it weighs in at 4 1/2 lbs of ultimate seating comfort!


The back side is grippy for non-slippy!

I can't say enough about how much I love my SewPad. And the folks at SewPad are hosting a FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING event from today 9/23/21 through Sunday 9/26/21.

If you've been on the fence about getting one for yourself - now is the time. Just remember to use the code FALL21 at check out for that free priority shipping to take effect.

Other things going on around here  (and there are many!)

Currently my Appalachian Autumn digital pattern is 25% off in the Quiltville Store. through September 30th - no coupon needed.⁣
All the way through the end of October, the Punkin Patch Runner  is half-price at only $5.00. No coupon required!⁣
I want to thank everyone for the tremendous response to the PDF pattern release of September Sky and Spider & The Fly!

I have placed BOTH patterns in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store at 25% off the regular price with no coupon needed.

The introductory pricing is good through 9/30/21 and will revert back to full on 10/1/21.

If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

Save even more!

Purchase BOTH in the September Sky Pattern Bundle with an extra discount! 

This bundle is a limited time only offer, and will be retired on 10/1/21.  So hurry!

In JUST TWO DAYS I will be gifting away a September Sky Pattern Bundle AND a Facets of black color roll from Cotton to Quilts

And our winner gets to choose a friend who will also receive the pattern bundle and a black color roll!

Head on over to the release post for more info and get your entry in.  We'll be drawing for our winner this coming Saturday, September 25th, 2021!  

It's a chilly 48 degrees this morning.  Fall blew in with yesterday's rain.  

Let it be known that for the first time in months - I've got my favorite comfy pair of jeans on, and socks - and I am finally able to get running shoes on with that bum ankle healing.

There are retreaters to hang out with, and a quilt top on the design floor to sew together -

How is Thursday shaping up for you?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Sand Castles quilt from my book String Frenzy 

I don't get people who don't get my need to always be creating.
That's likely why I like hanging around all of you!
You get me. We get each other!

Have a wonderful Thursday, everyone!


 

19 comments:

  1. It was 48 degrees here in Willmar, MN this morning, so many miles between us and we share the same temp! Crazy world we live in. No pressure but looking forward to the mystery quilt again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was about 12 I spent a few days at my grandpa's house. His stove quit working so he went to one of the outbuildings where he had some extra stoves (!) and brought one in. It smelled of mice so he told me to bake cookies until the mouse smell well away. It took quite a few batches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great story of you and your grandpa.

      Delete
  3. Love the new stove. So glad it came in time for this retreat. I’m packing, moving in 2 weeks. Date was moved up a little, I’m glad just means I can start quilting sooner. Love the quilt you sent to your aunt . Just got your book in and saw this quilt and decided it would be my first Bonnie Hunter quilt too make. Thank you. Fabric is being packed now. Have a great retreat and blessing to all. From TN soon to be in AR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your new stove! Hope it lasts you for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new project... maybe the name could be "25 patch Jumble of JOY!"
    Hope the next crew of retreaters have a wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 41 degrees here in Palmer, Alaska. I love my Sewpad. It’s often found on my dining room chair as much as my sewing chair. It will be going with me to a retreat in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it so much I bought a second one the last time Bonnie had a special.

      Delete
  7. I went to a small town Wisconsin quilt show last weekend. I was happy to see 2 Bonnie Hunter patterns used. They were Grassy Creek and Unity! So pretty. I'm going to another one this weekend. I love fall. That's when all of the quilt shows start around here. So much fun to get me into the cold weather sewing mood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have had some bad luck with those stoves. Hopefully this one lasts a long time!! And, yes, it is SOOO helpful to have those manuals printed and sent with the item!! :)
    Happy to see the surfer didn't mess things up too badly! And, I also love putting on those cooler weather clothes for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tropical Twist in Orange, Red, and yellows is on my list for fall! I'm down to 3 months of Guild duties to finish and then I am free!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt you picked for your aunt looked familiar. A week or so ago, I was going thru magazines where I had left markers for things I wanted to save. Well saved article featured your Scrap User system -Quiltmaker Jan - Feb 2009 issue. Checked out the rest of the magazine found Tropical Twist. Love that quilt and the colors you used. Also glad it is also in Addicted to Scraps. I have that book also. Meant to be. Stash searching for fabrics will start. Thanks for getting me going with video today. May use it as a Leader and Ender project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got excited when I read that the Tropical Twist pattern had been in Quiltmaker - UNTIL I checked and discovered that I only have from the next edition onwards. Phooey!!

      Delete
  11. I love your idea on dreading to quilty love. When the pandemic happened, I finished quilts that needed quilting, and started more. All in all I think I did 25. I mailed the quilts out one by one to family and friends without telling them the package was on the way. SURPRISE! It was a great way to spread the love without traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finished my Tropical Twist in reds, oranges, and yellows last year. You lead our guild in this workshop in 2017. Rather embarrassed it took me that long to complete, but it was great fun to work on it a bit at a time over those three years! Thank you again for a great pattern and workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 47 here this morning in Salmon, ID, the coldest 37 so far! It’s about 3 weeks early, not ready for winter, tho we do need snow (how’bout December?!) because of the drought out West. Love your née cook stove (propane yes!) and your gifted quilt to Aunt is lovely, can’t wait to hear about the quilters this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad your new stove arrived in time, Bonnie! Our new fridge arrived yesterday woohoo! (Yes, I am excited about a new kitchen appliance lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tropical Twist is in my UFO pile. I was making it for my best friend Diane. She likes blue, and sadly I didn't get it finished and she passed away about a year ago. I guess that should tell me, finish my projects because you cannot foretell the future. So I will finish it and probably donate it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoy getting a recommendation for appliances from our appliance repair people…even if they just say: “never buy ….” Because of inability to get parts or whatever. And on my washing machine, they explained it is best to NOT get the fanciest one…usually parts for the fanciest ones are unique and they don’t make millions of them. Appliance repair people are my go to people first!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)