>>>>

Friday, July 19, 2019

July in the Punkin’ Patch–Bedford Style!



It may be hot outside -

But we are thinking of the cooler temps of fall, just around the corner.

Yesterday’s Punkin’ Patch workshop from my book String Frenzy was our kick-off for our 5 day Summer Workshop Series hosted by Mary’s Quilt Shop in Bedford, Pennsylvania!

I LOVE sharing my passion for string piecing in these cute pumpkins just right for a glorious fall ahead.


Stringing the pumpkins -

Bring on all the orange scraps!


Stringing the foundations -

And don’t forget to swap strips with your neighbor!


Check out this tomato red beauty!


How about a midnight blue 301?

Yowza!

With the Blue & Orange together, my brain is humming the Boise State Fight Song as soundtrack in the background!  LOL!


Trimming up the blocks!


Adding flippy corners!


Adding stems and background rectangles!

Do you see it?  Are you looking for it?


Millennium Y2K fabric hiding as STEM!

I do give prizes for those actually SEWING with Y2K fabric in their projects – and we had TWO folks working with it yesterday – this one in green, and another in black! 


Oh these are so fun!


And look what I found!

My Festival of Quilts 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle is arriving at quilt shops near you!  Mary had some on hand, and this is the first time I’ve seen them in person as my designer’s copies from my publisher have not arrived yet.  SO MUCH FUN!  My quilts are on a puzzle, y’all!  It was such a surreal moment.


From my Facebook Feed!

This puzzle is almost done – photo shared by a reader on yesterday’s Facebook post.  What better surface than a cutting mat?  LOL!

There will definitely be a puzzle table at Quiltville Inn for folks to put together.


A whole patch in a day!

For the rest of our fun, Click to Play:


And what's the perfect end to a perfectly perfect day?


Pineapple soft serve at The Penguin!

It’s a Bedford Tradition!


Last evening’s round up of 6 more Shoo Fly Shoo blocks!

All sewn in between the lines of chain piecing other things.

Are you joining in on this year’s Leader & Ender Challenge?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Time to get up, get ready, get out and get at it! There is soon to be another batch of quilters knocking down the door of the American Legion Hall in Bedford, Pennsylvania for day 2 of our 5 day Summer Workshop Series hosted by Mary's Quilt Shop in Bedford PA! 

Serpentine Web from String Frenzy – Full Seam Ahead!

Whatever you get up to today, here's hoping you also get some time with needle and thread.

Happy Friday!







11 comments:

  1. Pressing block pieces while the coffee brews

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pineapple soft serve sound yummy, the shoofly shoo block are adorable and I’ve a zip log bagslowly filling up with completed ones.
    All the pumpkin blocks look fabulous, can’t wait to see everyone’s serpentine webs.
    Have a fabulous day.
    Love and quilty hugs
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful all the pumpkin blocks look! I see some dark blue background - I've wondered if anyone has done theirs in blue and now I see it! That 1,000 piece puzzle looks great! My neck objects to 1,000 pieces any more, so I look for 500-700 pieces in puzzles-they are usually easier to finish. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are away from home. Maybe you know this already, but I cannot open the SHOP tab. I get an error message from Start Logic, site is unavailable. I tried a couple of different paths, a Instagram link etc. Just FYI.... I’ll keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, gave it a go... page temporarily unavailable... sigh sorry but it looks like another "to do" on your list... chin up, i particularly like the photo shot of you with the puzzle and the quilt in the background... Cats from Carlsbad, CA

      Delete
  5. Up early, gotta get Quilting downstairs. Lol, on the Y2K fabrics. What did they Win? I want more Summertime, Fall can wait. The puzzle table at Quiltville Inn will be fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie- It is so fun to see the machines in different colors. First I wonder how the people find the machines, and second I wonder how they find someone to paint them so professionally!

    I haven't seen your puzzle yet, but I finally got your Smith Mountain Mornings Tote bag, w/ the interior pocket! It has been on order since last October, and Checkers finally got in! Since I am making the quilt, when I saw your tote bag, I HAD to have it! lol

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Donna
    Kasilof, AK

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading this
    You do put so much time and energy into your posts, so full of fun times
    I am in Northern Virginia. It is HOT.
    Puzzles are wonderful and this one of your quilts is sweet.
    I love the vintage 301 and Featherweights painted. They are beautiful, and of course so are all of your eager sewing girl friends. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already have my puzzle. Can't wait to start working on it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply adore the Pumpkin Patch quilt! It is one of my favorites. Such a treat to see those beautiful Singers in all those wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the beautiful colored Featherweights! They look wonderful with the pieces of orallnge fabrics. I need one of mine painted.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)