>>>>

Monday, July 15, 2019

An Orca Bay Day in Louisville!


Friday with Ohio Stars and Abundant String Piecing!

Orca Bay from String Fling!

Yes, I know this photo is a bit blurry – we were laughing so hard I couldn’t hold the camera still!

Or maybe it’s the fact that these quilters were so pedal to the metal that the entire day passed by quick as a wink in a scrappy quilty blur.

Orca Bay brings back ALL the feels!  And not just to me – so happy to hear from Theresa in Cordova Alaska who posted on Instagram that she we cheering us on, and could scarcely believe it’s been 8 years since I visited Cordova – the trip that gave me the inspiration for this quilt, standing on Theresa’s deck overlooking Orca Bay and watching that amazing Alaskan sunset.


Ohio stars are such a favorite block!

And everyone loved that we were cutting pairs of hour-glass halves ready to feed through the machine from STRIPS thanks to the use of my Essential Triangle Tool.  It makes that whole hour-glass process completely painless!


Way to chain chain chain!

Once the hour-glass units are made, it’s as easy as stitching together 9 patches! 


All you need to do is give those hour-glass units a turn -
Change out the background corners -
And you have one of each!

And I LOVE them this scrappy, don’t you?


One of these things is NOT like the others…

But you don’t see it until you get VERY close:


Someone at the factory put the badge upside-down.

As quilters, we understand how that happens! LOL!


String piecing in the afternoon!

Loving all of the different color plans – wow!


Sew on, stitchers – sew on!

Oh, mama!


Isn’t this going to be so great?


I loved spending time with these ladies!

And we are on the books again for August 2020!

For the rest of our fun – Click to Play:


Thanks for a wonderful time, The Cozy Quilter and friends!



Hey there, Sadie girl!

I pointed the van toward Virginia and was walking in the cabin door 6 1/2 hours later.  Straight driving.  Only stopping for gas, restroom break and a beverage.  No desire to stop and wander – just wanting to get HOME.

A 2 1/2 hour nap soon followed my arrival – oh, I needed it!  I don’t remember a nap where I slept so soundly.


Meeting up with son Jeff at Quiltville Inn!

He came on over to mow – and while I watched through the windows (Thank you son! You do such a great job!)  I was happily getting the next quilt loaded into the machine:


Two days ahead in my happy place!

You’ll likely find me here most of the day today and tomorrow – as much activity is supposed to commence at the Inn – starting with bathroom demolition day today!  Those three walk-in showers are finally going to happen, and I’ll be checking in from time to time to see how things are going.  This is the big project we’ve been eager for.  This project and the upgrading of the electrical are the last two BIG things we need to get Quiltville Inn up and running next spring.  From there on, it’s the fun stuff – painting and decorating and making everything cozy and ready for quilters.

I am so excited for this start today!  Please let them start today – you know how construction and contractors go, so keep your fingers crossed that they DO show up today!

Our Stunning Stitches ebook Gift-Away started yesterday and continues until Wednesday morning when I draw our winner!  Did you enter to win ON THAT POST? As it’s an ebook, international entries are welcome as well!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Can you believe we are 1/2 way through July already?

Mondays are what you make of them! Make it a great one!


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the great pictures....fingers and toes crossed that the contractors arrive early and ready to "rock" those showers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3 Geanddaughters loved the Essential Triangle Tool! Sew happy with their quilt tops made in 4 days. You have a Great time at QPO! Yea for Jeff mowing and showers getting installed! Happy Monday, I can't believe it is halfway through the year. Mystery will be coming soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the upside down badge on the sewing machine was a distress signal: "Help! I never have enough time to quilt!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the time working near home and watchinh dreams cmetrue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Inn is going to be amazing, obviously, but your sweet little Post Office/Longarm studio.... swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I ask the name/pattern for the lovely quilt draped on the longarm? How did I miss that one! Will it be a future available pattern? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for future publication. No name as of yet. Stay tuned.

      Delete
    2. Can't wait! I love it! And it looks so Halloweeny without being cutesy, if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  7. I had an amazing three days and three classes and can't wait to do it again!! Thanks Bonnie and The Cozy Quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am learning the wonder of the Essential Triangle Tool as I cut and kit my Leader Ender parts. Have fun in your happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pictures and quilts to be. I sure hope that someone told the student with the raspberry machine, working on black and white stars, that one of her star points (black Ohio star w/ white background) is turned wrong.. just trying to stop her from all that ripping if not caught before the blocks get sown into a top. I so love her color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Sadie's eyes as she's looking at the doggie cookie! 😋🐶

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)