>>>>

Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Evening VCQ Update!

What a full day! Class went from 9am until noon when we broke for lunch, and resumed at 1:30 and went until 5pm ----when we broke for dinner that started at 5:30.

Some how only 4 hours between the end of lunch and the start of dinner is just not enough to make me hungry so I am sneaking back to my room for some peace and quiet –--((Should say PIECE and quiet, but I didn’t bring anything to piece on this time around!))and upload some photos thanks to the use of Susan’s lended phone cord….and I thought I’d give you a good little glimpse at what is going on around here before I rush of to catch Becky Goldsmith’s lecture tonight!

161 women. Including teachers. A LOT OF FOOD!

Just to give you an idea….this is our lunch line--- all the fixins for out of this world sandwiches, and really yummy home made tomato vegetable soup…and this doesn’t even show you the cookie table for “DESSERT”.

VCQ2012 081

I couldn’t eat my cookies..I saved them and squirreled them away in my drawer for later—but there really IS no later, because the desserts were even better after dinner, and I left them sitting where they were.

Good thing that Augusta and I took a long power walk this morning – and it’s going to take more to burn of these yummy calories!

Another thing currently going that has my interest is the silent auction! OH. MY. I’ve got my eagle eye on a few things and I’m holding back and waiting to bid until the last minute – secretly hoping that the price goes higher than I am willing to pay, but hoping all the same that I can place a winning bid on something!

VCQ2012 073

THis quilt was spotted partially peeking out of a plastic bag. Has anyone bid it up yet? Love 9 patches and the burgundy resist fabric for setting squares!

VCQ2012 074

It’s got indigos and shirtings and mourning prints..SUPER Utility style….tied, not quilted. Maybe, just maybe, this will come home with me??

VCQ2012 068

And then I see this quilt with the tiniest cake stand blocks! I never understood what the difference between a cake stand block and a basket block is, so call it whatever you want, I just want to call it ADORABLE!

VCQ2012 070

I unfolded to see how the center was – several are pretty shredded –so of course, who ELSE but me is going to want to take it home? Maybe THIS is the one that comes home with me!

VCQ2012 069

Oh SO TINY!!!

VCQ2012 072

Loved this one..do you see that ONE basket foot is different than the other? I love substitutions in antique quilts!

VCQ2012 076

Someone’s donated a tumbling block quilt…it was in the baggie so I couldn’t take it out and explore it, but the points look pretty good to me! Lots of fun older fabrics too ---

VCQ2012 077

A very fun pinwheel quilt top, quite shredded in bits, but fun for a photo…LOVE how the alternate fabrics are in color bands on the diagonal!

VCQ2012 079

I dunno --- maybe THIS one COULD come home with me!

VCQ2012 075

But THIS --- I really want this one to come home with me…It’s a little tiny Juki…not much bigger than a featherweight. It’s a metal machine, but doesn’t weigh much and ….well..I don’t HAVE one of these in the machine collection so I’m watching this one like a hawk..LOL! Of course, now that I’ve posted it here everyone will know what I’m up to….

Bidding ends tomorrow at 1:20 ----will I win? will I bid? So far I haven’t even been able to guess the correct number of hersheys kisses, st paddy’s day coins, or jelly beans at the Chiro’s office –so I’m kind of doubtful, but still – I’m WATCHING!

Speaking of watching, I better get this sent off quickly and go grab my seat --- Becky Goldsmith’s lecture starts in a few minutes!

7 comments:

  1. love that juki, sweet!! my mom hand pieced all of her quilts, many of them were tied with who know what as a batting. how did they find time to quilt without a auto washer and dryer, dishwasher, microwave and carry out?? :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie... Bonnie... Bonnie, I've caught your machine addiction to go with my own fabric addiction. You're too funny. Plus, I can say to hubby "SEEEEE it's not just me!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:30 PM EDT

    What fun. I love silent auctions and that little sewing machine is adorable.
    Maryella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie - I'm not sure - but I THINK the difference between the blocks is that in the Cake Stand block - the "Cake" pieces - top end/side pieces - point to the TOP of the block and in the Basket block - the "Flowers" - top end/side pieces - point to the SIDES of the block. Anybody know if this is right - or am I thinking of something else? ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a giggle about you not being ready for dinner that soon. I was thinking that exact thing as you were describing the schedule. Seriously, dinner already?
    Oh, I love that little cake stand/basket--whatever-you-want-to-call-it quilt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, inquiring minds want to know...did you bid on anything and were you successful?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:00 PM EDT

    Another who wants to know how the bidding went on these quilts.????

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)