>>>>

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Indy Show & Share, and a String Frenzy Winner!

FB_IMG_1541987426633

As seen in Houston!!
An On Ringo Lake Mini!

Made by Inna Rohrberg from Germany.

This has me so blown away, and I want to thank those who have sent photos from Houston while I was in Indiana!  It’s one thing to take the time to make a big quilt, but the painstaking business of redrafting that big quilt down to mini and piecing it?  WOW!  Inna, I love your quilt – it is perfect in every way!

IMG_2799

Close up of the text card.

Thank you so much for the kind words – much love back to you and your exchange partner!

20181109_130223

Nola’s Pineapple Crazy from String Fling!

20181109_130253

Oh, Nola!  It’s wonderful!

20181110_070114

I love this setting for Diamond Tile!

20181109_130525

Such fun fabrics in here!  Don’t you love the two toned green sashing?

20181109_130636

Grand Illusion – quilted in wonderful spirals – great job, Maureen!

20181110_191953

Cathy’s On Ringo Lake -

Love the chocolate brown as her setting triangles – YUMMY!

And check this out:

20181110_191938

All of the leftover bits on the back!  Whoowhooo!

You’ll find the rest of our fabulous Show & Share in the video below. It includes shares from our guild meeting night, and two workshop days!  Click to play:


Everyone did such a fabulous job with their quilts - I loved seeing them, each and every one!

And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for!  WHO is going to win our String Frenzy & Quilt Now bundle Gift-Away?

20181108_052937

Can you believe we had over 7,000 entries?!  Wonderful!

4508_2

In search of entry #4508

4508_1

Kathy Walker!!

Guess what is coming your way?

Kathy, I’ve sent an email to the address you provided with your entry.  Please get back to me with your mailing address and this bundle will be on its way to you.

I’ve also got some other goodies coming up as we go into mystery season – including ANOTHER String Frenzy copy up for grabs, and some Signature thread gift packs compliments of A&E Thread!  Stay tuned for those.

Remember that pre-orders for String Frenzy will open at the end of the month, around Black Friday - it all depends on the expected delivery date of the big truck to Yellow Freight, yet to be determined.  I'm on pins & needles too!

20181113_092017

Today is going to be a bit crazy – more than 100 orders were filled by dinner time last night thanks to help from family.  I awoke this morning to 88 more.  LOL!  I feel like the proverbial hamster on the wheel ,but it is good – it is ALL GOOD!

What’s going to interrupt me today is a massage to get my back spasms worked out at 2:30, followed by a drive up to Virginia as I have a dentist appointment in the morning in Jefferson, NC.

I thought I could pick up a bunch of Thanksgiving groceries (non perishables) and drop that at the cabin on my overnight, and I’ll be back in town after the dentist tomorrow.

It’s going to cause a short delay in filling orders, but life must go on in between.


I am planning on joining HollyAnne at String & Story for a joint Facebook Live on her page at 8pm Eastern – 

She wants to talk about color theory and give some hints and helps for those who plan to choose other fabrics for the mystery than what I’ve put out there.  

How do you avoid a muddy mess when you want to go your own way not knowing what the finished quilt will turn out like?

Join us on Friday and see!  If you miss it, I’ll have it embedded in Saturday morning’s post.





IMG_20181113_074618_698000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

1990s quilt (beautifully pieced and hand quilted!) Found in an antique mall in Virginia.

This is our Tuesday morning reminder!

Fact check and ask yourself what your intent is before speaking what is in your head out loud!

Is it necessary?

But more over - is it helpful and kind?



6 comments:

  1. Good morning, Bonnie. Congratulations, Kathy! Take a deep breath, Bonnie; you can only do so much on this day, and we will wait -- maybe not so patiently, LOL, but we will wait. Looking forward to the info on color theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a timely message in your quote/saying of the day. As we greet friends and family it is important to think about what and how you/me are are speaking prior to blurting out our/me thoughts. Holiday time is stressful for so many .
    Thank you ever so much for the kind and thoughtful reminder.
    Hi how are you so glad to see/talk to you rather than why haven't you called or come by. Be the kind one as much as possible.
    From a blurt it out who is learning
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had seen the comment this morning. I opened my mouth and gave something away that I wish I hadn't. Good for them but to my own detriment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful quilts, and that mini is so cute there really are some very talented people out there.
    Thank you for sharing all the fun from your classes, it’s so much fun to see what everyone achieves.
    Good luck at the dentist
    Love and quilty hugs
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blurt-itis... runs rampant, sigh, i don't mean to be unkind, i just need to stop a moment and re-phrase...thanks for the reminder. Cats in Carlsbad CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quote of the day SHOULD be my family motto, but it isn't. I enjoy your blog very much. Happy Holidays!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)