>>>>

Friday, July 28, 2017

A Moth in the Window Day!

20170727_190413
These gals were ready for a day of stitching up Moth in the Window blocks and waiting for doors to Open, Open, Open!

A bright and blue skied morning – Everything smelled so good due to the rain storms the night before that washed the desert clean.  I wished we could have just stayed outside a bit longer, but it was time to get in and set up and get going.


20170727_124429

Nuttall’s Sewing Center in Riverton, Utah is our digs for these 3 days!

20170727_151025

And we’ve got this view from the parking lot!

I so love the mountains.

20170727_190001

This beauty came to play, what a gorgeous vintage Bernina!

20170727_190056

A sweet 2 toned 404 was humming along as well!

20170727_100053

Our large class room was ready for us to dig in!  We are stitching up Moth in the Window blocks from the Addicted to Scraps Book!

20170727_144735

Blocks in the making!

20170727_125023

A bonus surprise for lunch!

I am teaching a short 10 minute drive from where my sister Joy lives.  I called her up and asked if she wanted to come see what I was up to and join me for lunch.  Even better, she brought my nieces Kelli and Emmie.  So happy to see them one more time!  And better yet, she found my missing sock that was  lost in a deep dark corner.  Thanks for coming to see me, girls!

20170727_185807

Essential Triangle Tool for Lefties!

I took a couple of close up pics of some left-handed cutting to show the lefties just how it’s done.  Using the ruler in mirror image, it’s very easy to cut your half-square triangles in matched pairs by placing the two strips right sides together.  In first position place the green triangle tip toward you, and the line with the finished size of the triangle unit you want at the top of the strip set (on the fabric, not above it!) And make your first cut.

20170727_185403

Second position.

Pivot the ruler so the green triangle top is at the top of the strip set and your measuring line is now on the bottom of the strip set.  Make second cut, putting the end of the strip set back on the straight of grain again.  Pivot the ruler back to position number one and lather, rinse, repeat!

There are videos on how to cut with the Essential Triangle Tool under the videos tab at the top of the blog.

20170727_184628

Sew many blocks made this day!


Our crazy video collage!

It was a great day, and I can’t wait to do it again today – with Scrap Crystals from MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders!

You’ll find the rest of our days fun in the slide show below!


What a fun day, girls!!

We also made a little trip over to Thimbles & Threads in Draper.  Oh my goodness.  If you haven’t been to this place, it’s phenomenal.  It was built as a quilt shop/retreat center all in one, and I would call this one 5 star, folks….I seriously didn’t want to leave and was so happy to have been offered a tour.  Check this out:


Oh my gracious. Couldn't you just stay forever??

20170727_190914

Love these gals.  Thanks for dinner, Sarah & Lani!

7_28_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Scrappy Mountain Majesties quilt shared by Dot.

Actions will always speak louder and be more memorable than words.

Put those actions into action today!

Have a good one, folks!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. You were only 350 miles away and I didn't know it. I'm so sad I didn't get to be a participant in Riverton. I'm thinking of all the things I could have learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting the info on the Essential Triangles for us "lefties." Most of us are used to just figuring it out on our own, but I truly appreciate when a teacher takes the time to DEMONSTRATE cutting the correct left-hand way! Kudos to you, Bonnie. That is something that many teachers ever think about, and there are LOTS of left-handed quilters out there😊.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love those 404's! I will have one someday to go next to my 503a. A Pink Atlas or Universal would be sweet...
    Debra in Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that your sister got to come and see you and return your errant sock. It's another flip flop day in Washington State. Vintage love in Utah. Sign me up for a 5-Star Retreat Center! I'm too old for the bunkhouse again. Did they book you a time on your calendar to come back and teach there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete

  7. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Kelli looks so much like you. I know you are so proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear @Quiltville if possible yu may want to delete a post by Shannon Smith... has no place here ... even tho my heart is with her, sounds pretty scammy to me, thanks, cats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did they book you a time on your calendar to come back and teach there?


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)