>>>>

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Quilt-Cam! 1/7/2016

ef8b50a4-c6e1-4831-a20c-050a4aa8e2a9
Welcome to Quilt-Cam, everyone!

I’m excited for our first Quilt-Cam of 2016, and so eager to get going! I just know we are going to have a good time.

I want to thank those of you who have sent photos of your groups, have told me that you are watching while at retreat, or while out to dinner with a girlfriend, or even watching and listening while you are in the kitchen cooking dinner.

We come from all different places in all different time zones, and I know there is much living going on behind the scenes while I am sleeping. I just love a glimpse into YOUR quilty world!

This is a shout out from Carole in Hawaii!


she writes:

Aloha from Carlina, Nisha on the Handi Quilter and Carol on the right. 

Just discovered you, and have been watching marathon Bonnie. 

The other night I ended up with 6 nine patches from leaders and enders.

You're a genious.  Love watching and learning.  Have been cutting strings and squares, but my stash is not as big as your big bins. 

On the wall behind is my round robin, with a Hawaiian quilt underneath.

You have gotten me addicted to scrappy quilts, WOW!!
I am so happy to hear from you!  I don’t know if you are wathing along tonight, but whatever you are up to, keep building those friendships and keep making those quilts!

I have some special badges for our Allietare Mystery Fans from Forest Jane, our logo-guru!

042f4d46-71a0-43af-9387-1b676f7ac06e

65c89cdb-f0bf-4f97-9741-d8c42da105a4

8d32f5a5-002f-4606-bcb4-5b3cb6672a89

Use them wherever you want to use them!  You can link them back here to http://quiltville.blogspot.com but please do not link to the Allietare Tab because that only stays until February 1st.  I’ll be adding the logo to a “grab my button” for your side bar as soon as I can.

Some words from Forest Jane:
As usual, items in the zazzle store
www.zazzle.com/forestjane
will be up later.  I'll put up buttons, magnets, t-shirts, mugs, etc. Zazzle does ship internationally. I set profits as low as they'll go and earn only pennies per item.  It takes a long time (and a lot of sales!) for them to eventually send me a $25 check, when they do, I use it all for charity. My favorite quilt-related charity is Heartstrings quilts:
http://heartstringsquiltproject.com/
although I also buy yarn on sale for knit/crocheted caps that I make for St. Jude, local infant intensive care units here in Memphis, and the homeless.
So your purchase of things like tshirts, mugs, tote bags and all other goodies go to help those in need.  It’s a win/win!
Thank you for once again designing our logos, FJ!

20160107_194635

This is my ride tonight!
1950s Necchi Supernova Ultra!

I first did these blocks for my Addicted to Scraps column with Quiltmaker Magazine, they appeared in the March/April 2011 edistion.  Okay…that’s now getting up to FIVE yeaers ago and here they still sit on my design wall waiting to be made into something.  But I need more.  Many more.

Notice that all of the basket tops are scrappy – all 5 triangle units worth!

20160107_195005

Out from the depths!

These are all bonus triangles from various projects, all saved in the same size.  There really isn’t enough color variety here, but I can use these as a place to START and then make more 1/2 square triangles in the same size in other colors to add to the mix. 

The most important thing is that these units don’t languish in the “behind the cabinet door pieces and parts graveyard!”.

20160107_120614

First things first!  Do a test seam!

It’s important to test your seam even if you are sewing on the same machine all the time.  Cutting can change, thickness of fabric and thread can change, and you might not be sitting directly in front of the needle so your field of vision and perception can change a bit.  Presser feet WIGGLE!  I did a test by sewing two 2’’ squares side by side, press and measure.  3 1/2’’ exactly.  I’m good to go.

I’m a little bit leary of this machine, I haven’t done a lot of piecing on it because it is a zig zag machine and the feed dogs are a bit wider than I like.  I’m doing triangles!?  Will they get eaten?

I guess this is what we call Reality Quilt-Cam!  We are about to find out!

Click the arrow on the screen to start the feed.

What are you sewing on tonight??




Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

16 comments:

  1. Bonnie I am so glad I can watch you today.Not felling very well so quiltcam while resting is fantastic thank you for all you do hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I am reproducing an antique quilt I saw at a flea market. Working on my 301. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bonnie for all that you do. I am here in connecticut watching you on a 48 inch tv that we just bought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for Quiltcam tonight. I am not sewing tonight, but am listening to you as I paint the trim in my sewing room. The room has been totally packed up for re-organizing and a paint job in preparation for the installation of a long arm this weekend! So excited! I promise to send you some gray strips when I unpack again next week.

    Happy New Year!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally caught you live as I'm off sick from work recovering from surgery. Still putting together Allietare blocks. Love this mystery. My friend Cherrie and I are devastated that you had to cancel your Australian trip but understand how busy your schedule must get. Hopefully we will catch you when you ever venture down under. Much love from Whyalla, South Australia
    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie re the small print on computer. Hold a finger of left hand on "CTRL" and at same time press + key to enlarge the print. to go back to standard size hit CTRL and 0 at same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am working away on my Allietare blocks this evening while watching Quiltcam. I love this quilt. Everything is going together so easily. I must be getting more accurate or something. I am putting some gray strips in the mail to you tomorrow. It was fun poking through my stash to find interesting ones for you. I am so thrilled to have the chance to contribute to one of your future quilts. Maybe someday I will open your latest book and spy a piece of fabric I sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audio keeps fading in and out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:02 PM EST

    I am having a great time watching quilt cam. You have made me giggle several times. Glad to know your life is as Real and unpredictable as ours. And love that you just go with the flow! It's okay that you "cheat". .....we all do somewhere in our quilting. Don't change! Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee hee Oh Bonnie! My heart needed THIS Quiltcam tonight! Thank you just for being you. After a tough day at work with technology AND people problems it was so delightful to spend the last hour or so with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, I would LOVE to make those small basket blocks you have worked on tonight. But I didn't subscribe to QUILTMAKER magazine in 2011.

    Are you going to put the pattern for these baskets on the FREE PATTERNS section of your blog? Hoping so.

    Really like the wider camera lens. Makes such a difference in Quilt-Cam.

    Smilies
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just caught up with you the next morning in England (whilst you're probably still asleep) - indulged myself in a little stitching and quiltcam time as I had to be up early to take my youngest to the coach station and later this morning I shall be back with Mum sorting out more of the fallout after Dad's passing - Quiltcam was just the tonic I needed while I chugged away on some more of those never ending Clue 4 Allietare blocks - I can't get the thought of you looking like a quiltcam minion with a head camera out of my mind - made me laugh out loud - thanks for cheering me up this morning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will come back and watch the quilt cam when the guys leave for work and school, but I totally love those basket blocks. They are super cute, makes me want to make some, but I have too many projects ahead right now. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie, what are the little green words with arrows in your post? One word was "projects," so I clicked, thinking I'd be taken to a project of interest. I got an ad. I don't remember these being in your posts before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bonny, Good morning from Warminster Wiltshire in the UK.... good to join you, today, its January 9th... resolution for this year, to watch for when you do the next quilt cam, and watch and sew with you... me, I tried my first Cathedral Windows, really pleased with myself... will post it on your facebook page this time...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bonnie, Good morning from Warminster Wiltshire in the UK.... good to join you, today, its January 9th... resolution for this year, to watch for when you do the next quilt cam, and watch and sew with you... me, I tried my first Cathedral Windows, really pleased with myself... will post it on your facebook page this time...

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)