>>>>

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Quilt-Cam! 1/20/2016

klinger
Isn’t Klinger a hoot!?

When I recieved a photo of Klinger sewing at a treadle machine, I went searching online for one that could be usable for a photo, was less grainy and more funny and…LOL, this cracks me up every time I look at it!  Can’t you hear him singing in his very Klinger way?

Now look extra close to this photo and you will see that the fabric is right NEXT to the presser foot, but not UNDER it. 

I need to find this epiode and watch it much more closely!

Two spools? One white and one red.  Just whatever was he sewing here?

I want to share some Allietare Love sent in by Denise in Italy!

denise1

Beautiful! 
I love her floor, too.
I’m trying to decide if this is in her kitchen.

She writes:
Hi Bonnie,
I'm "Denise from Italy" and I want to thank You for this wonderful quilt dedicated to my country. I'm happy You had fun when was here and I hope You come back soon maybe in Nord Adriatic side where I live.
I finish it and I send You some photos (it isn't a shine day, not so good for photos!), I really hope You like it.
Have a beautiful year,
Denise



denise2

Close up!

I absolutely love knowing that Allietare is a hit, even in Italy where the inspiration for this design came from!  So wonderful to know that our Mystery time is indeed GLOBAL. 

I love that we are all connected that way.

We will be doing ONE MORE Mystery Link-Up on February 1st so we can share our progresses then.  It will have been one month since the last one.  I'm excited to see what you've done since then!

20160120_074043

I shared this photo of string blocks in progress this morning!

Tonight I’m sewing at a 1950s Home-Mark badged Japanese import, a birthday find yesterday.  I’m so thrilled with this machine!  We’ve had a fun time getting to know each other today.

20160120_183608

I am LOVING these blocks!

The variety in the greys that you have sent me is over-the-top wonderful, beyond my wildest imagination.  Grey is such a tricky color.  And we have ran the gamut from greys that go from a brownish, taupe-grey to a blue-grey, and even pushing the boundaries toward purple-grey.  They are all playing so well together!

There are solids, tone-on-tones, geometrics, dots, stripes, recycled shirt plaids, modern prints, 1990s florals, reproduction Civil War prints, even 1930s greys. 

I could NEVER have come up with this much variety myself, and again I have to thank you for adding so much fun to my birthday month with these!  They are a gift that will keep on giving for a very long time.

So let’s sew, shall we?  I’ve already got my mess going, so I’m not switching back to the Basket Project, that can go back burner while I play with these some more.

Click the arrow on the screen to start the feed.  Let’s Sew!




Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

19 comments:

  1. Hello, Bonnie, from snowy Michigan, to nite I'm working on a friendship quilt for a wonderful neighbor who keeps our driveway clear all winter,,,,he's a gem, and I'm delighted to make him a gift of warmth, since he saves us from freezing and shoveling, I'm so excited to catch you live tonite, thanks for letting us all in on your sewing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to be watching QuiltCam live tonight from Ontario, Canada.
    I will be putting in some hand embroidery stitches while watching.
    I am hoping to finish my Allietare blocks by the end of the week, and am having lots of fun with it.
    Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. finished blocks for my Alletare quilt. Am going to try quilt as you go, block by block to finish. Thanks Bonnie,

    Jill Owens
    Lewistown, MT
    owensej@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I was married on your first birthday the first time. Jan. 23, 1963. Just thought I would share that with you. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aacchhh! I can't get into the quilt am tonight. I found the link, but it seems frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm watching QuiltCam with my 6 year old daughter too, Xanet (pronounced Shanay) while we are laying in bed before going to sleep. She picked out the fabric and we are going to make a pillowcase this weekend.
    Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm watching QuiltCam with my 6 year old daughter too, Xanet (pronounced Shanay) while we are laying in bed before going to sleep. She picked out the fabric and we are going to make a pillowcase this weekend.
    Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new machine. It's sounds so powerful yet smooth. Thanks for Quilt Cam tonight! Happy Birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crises over. It finally let me into the quilt cam! Am enjoying the quiltcam and stitching alletiere units.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love your animation dance when you talk about the wiggle when you work with odd size strips! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finished the top of a modified Sister's Choice earlier this evening. Light bulb moment! I can watch Bonnie while on my eliptical!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been able to catch Quilt Cam in quite a while, so it was a real treat to sew along with you. What a coincidence that I was string piecing, too! Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:41 PM EST

    Denise:
    Your quilt is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Paula B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the clinger photo, oops, yes he does seem to be sewing off the fabric but thoroughly enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday! We just saw this episode of MASH, but unfortunately I can't recall what it was called. Your new baby looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Enjoy your Web cam. Since your 50 have you thought of joining Red Hat Society? It's so much fun! I'm a Red Hatter myself in ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Klinger episode is from "As You Were" in season 2. http://mash.wikia.com/wiki/The_Klinger_Collection
    I had to ask my resident MASH expert (my husband) and he came up with it in less than 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6:17 PM EST

    I am searching the grey blocks for fabric I sent. Anyone else doing the same?
    Let's face it, to have my fabric in a Bonnie quilt would be an honour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is Feb.2 -- and I am just now watching your last cam-cast. Makes my sewing room alive. I so appreciate your 'scrappy' ideas. Your inspire me!! I also use phone-book sheets for string-sewing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)