>>>>

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Show & Share, Jamestown Style!

20150606_130527

The best part of any workshop?

When you bring what you have made to share with all of us so we can cheer your accomplishments and marvel at the beauty you have created!

This is a special time for me.

A time when I really get to sit back and get to know YOU by what you tell about that project, and listen to what the project says about YOU!

I feel a connection with each quilter who shares their love and their passion for our craft, as well as laugh and weep with them over the stories and reasons why each quilt was made.

There are too many names to remember over the course of 2 days – but I remember these smiles, and I will remember them the next time we meet as well!

Isn’t this hexie piece wonderful?  3/8” hexies from the scrap basket, appliqued to a solid black background and framed with locally obtained barn wood.  Just BEAUTIFUL!

And there were so many more quilts to share!

 20150606_124618

Faith’s Leader & Enders!

This pattern in progress is called Classic Strippy from Adventures with Leaders & Enders and her patchwork just sparkles!

20150606_124745

Marti’s Virginia bound from Scraps & Shirttails has her own added twist:

20150606_124759

The outside edge uses leftover bonus triangles to frame the string stars!  FUN!

20150606_130029

A gorgeous Celtic Solstice in KING SIZE using reds, greens & golds!

20150607_131713

and one in Turquoise, Navy and Magenta!

Those waiting for this pattern will find it in the Digital Downloads section of my Quiltville’s Store!

20150607_131024

Scrappy Trips from the Free Patterns  tab made an appearance!

20150607_132736

As did many many Grand Illusions!

There are so many quilt photos from the last two days that I am uploading them all into a slide show for your viewing pleasure.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Show & Share, Jamestown, NY 2015



So here I am in Erie, ready for a couple of days with the North East Crazy Quilters!

Love from across the Pennsylvania state line --


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:12 PM EDT

    Please tell us more about the three black, white and gold blocks pictured on someone's arm. Were they foundation pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bonnie and ladies for sharing. Beautiful show and tell. Makes me want to go and start up new projects, but I vowed to finish my UFO's this year and look forward to diving in next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy sew and tell and I really love the teensy hexies---I am currently making the same size for a project I started a little while ago--not sure I could complete the 72 inches per side but making a good attempt at big! I also enjoy seeing all the Bonniie completed projects--inspiring! *!*CAROLE*!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those Show and Shares... always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show & shares are my favorite posts. I'm with you on the "getting to know you" angle. We are all so unique in our approach to our quilting, but its all so fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the name of the blue and off white quilt hanging behind the show & tell? And where might I find that pattern? LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)